SCC - Sparkshot Custom Creations - 3D Printed Loco Kits etc Various Scales

4 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Well, it's been WAY too long coming but finally got it done.  A basic 00 fixed chassis for the 812/652 class:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/DPVNGJANL/812-652-class-00-chassis?optionId=219293136&li=shops

Will upload a EM and P4 one if anyone wants/needs it although for now just the 00 one.  Been so busy.

Sadly on checking the price on this item, as an example only (no offence to Knuckles)  .

Shapeways after all their add ons ,want nearly £38 for it.It doesnt mention UPS charges, so it maybe  approx £45

Crazy prices. I wont be going there again.

Edited by micklner
  • Agree 1

""""Well, it's been WAY too long coming but finally got it done.  A basic 00 fixed chassis for the 812/652 class:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/DPVNGJANL/812-652-class-00-chassis?optionId=219293136&li=shops

Will upload a EM and P4 one if anyone wants/needs it although for now just the 00 one.  Been so busy.""""

Yeah this is a major issue since the changes.  We need a UK 'Shapeways' badly.

I'd like to buy a machine to do FUD/FXD/SFDP yet the cheapest are typically £6-10,000 as I've seen. :-/

Edited by Knuckles
  • Friendly/supportive 2

I do 3D print the majority of SCC items on my own printers now.  Got two Photon's and a Mars 2 currently and once the top shed is renovated (lots of progress made at last) will be buying bigger hardware.

please send email to: sparkshot082@gmail.com if you're interested in prints, my designs or otherwise.

If you mean will I be buying a FUD/FXD/SFDP - Polyjetting Shapeways' style machine, the answer is I'd hope to one day but I'm a LOOOONG way off being able to afford one.  Maybe ye could all crowd fund it, doubtful!  But yes, it's a goal amongst others.

• Like 1

On 01/08/2021 at 16:11, Knuckles said:

If you mean will I be buying a FUD/FXD/SFDP - Polyjetting Shapeways' style machine, the answer is I'd hope to one day but I'm a LOOOONG way off being able to afford one.  Maybe ye could all crowd fund it, doubtful!  But yes, it's a goal amongst others.

Apart from print size, what do you perceive the advantages of a Shapeways style polyjet over a Mars or Photon?

• Like 2

My experience with the two materials leads me to conclude FUD etc is dimensionally more accurate and a bit straighter plus parts fit together easier requiring less clearance and offsets in the design process.  Less fold lines and being more rigid helps here n there.

I'd say FUD etc isn't as smooth as Photon/Mars prints in most cases and is more brittle.  Pro's n cons like most things.

Both materials can give good results with TLC yet the qualities are different.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 3 weeks later...

Furness Railway Baltic 115 Class 4-6-4T Tank   -  3D Prints Released!1073471473_115A.png.699b2c732e4bc5ab038f7081b08864ee.png11515.png.57a23d0a647459b9d5046026ba8e8e5b.png1438664456_1157D.png.e04506233f18d0bf510eaca00101655d.png11518.png.508f3bc024b8f8066a12646f5508d708.png11519.png.14c152952ce29e5257bdb79da2255c43.png2111472273_1156E.png.1c9183e6e4cfec506160240e11fb2083.png

Now released as a 3D printed body with some chassis options.

I haven't built one yet although the client who initiated the commission tells me the body and chassis are good and is in the process of doing so so I'd think so.   Not like it's my first attempt.

Roof lid can be a piece of scrap anything.

I've painted the renders in a later LMS livery for potential effect. :) 

Body:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/BRMRRVMJL/furness-115-class-baltic-tank-4-6-4

Furness sections with chassis options:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/sparkshotcustomcreationsscc?section=4mm+Furness+%26+Cambrian+Loco'+Bodies&s=0

There are actually two loco bodies uploaded as the client wanted one with a slightly bigger sunroof than the drawings had so I've linked you with the other.

1152 B.png

Edited by Knuckles
  • Like 7

• Knuckles changed the title to SCC - Sparkshot Custom Creations - Furness Baltic 4-6-4T Released :D

Seems this thread (amongst many others) has been visually trashed also due to the DEAD-iserve  issues.  Oh well.

Fresh start as of now.

A reminder if anyone is new to who I am:   I do 3D designing, and also 3D printing so if there's anything in my range or your own items you'd like 3D printing please bung an email to sparkshot082@gmail.com

There is a shapeways shop here:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/sparkshotcustomcreationsscc

Yet a lot of items can be printed on own printers apart from them, also there are a lot of items not uploaded to Shapeways so really the range as it grows is split between the two.  Currently working on drawing some metal chassis as the 3D printed ones were only ever meant to be a stop gap.

If you click on the above link you can see some examples of what is on offer. :)

• Thanks 1

Thanks.  : ) looks a good result.

Some of my latest work....

Haven't released any of these bits for sale although if there is any interest I might do.  They're for my engine shed interior.

Prototypically some of it is likely nonsense as other than some photographs I don't know all the ins n outs of MPD's but it'll do for my layout.  Quite pleased with how these have turned out.

• Like 1

• Knuckles changed the title to SCC - Sparkshot Custom Creations - 3D Printed Loco Kits etc Various Scales
On 04/04/2022 at 19:42, stewartingram said:

As a satisfied customer of the W&U 04 diesel conversion, I'll echo the excellent service & product I received.

6 - W&U 04.jpg

7 - W&U 04.jpg

Seems RMweb has killed your new pictures off already!    Wonder what happened there.

EDIT:   It's back now. Magic!

Edited by Knuckles

Also I've finally completed a proper SCC website!

https://www.sparkshotcustomcreations.com/

I've done what I can for Mobile View also although some of the text refuses to shuffle nicely on the main page.  It's all good for Desktop currently.  Screen Shot of front page:

1602701905_SCCWebFrontScreenCap.png.44d4ab519a2ba79fb693ab9569dbea24.png

Has a new Catalogue price list that has pictures and hyper links to Shapeways equivalents so hopefully navigation will be super easy.

https://656d39ff-ec09-4b30-bcec-678065cb7c14.filesusr.com/ugd/e04827_ab98861d93ff473aa1229325122d0076.pdf

The new price list and range replaces the older list of 2019.  Please check the website out as it's the new main hub so to speak. :)

Edited by Knuckles
  • Like 4

For anyone wondering what the SCC Drewry 04 Diesel's look like completed on a RTR chassis, past critical design prototyping I've finally completed painting n detailing my version.  Can see several pics and bit of footage in the video along with a few other's who have also completed one.

I've completed mine as a Railways Series character 'Mavis' considering my layout is mostly going to be a mix of Railway Series and

pre-Grouping stock.  However, you could paint yours as a real loco as Chris Hopper and others have done. 

There is a great Missenden Abbey article he wrote too!

Missenden Abbey Article by Chris Hopper:

https://www.missendenrailwaymodellers.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/Drewry-Final-2.pdf

If you'd like any 3D prints, a Drewry Diesel, your own STL files printing or anything else in the SCC range please send an email to spakshot082@gmail.com

• Like 5