BRM Contacts

Jim T

• RMweb Premium

Guys

Tried to email John Emerson on the email address given in the magazine, offering an article.

Never got a undeliverable message, and never got a reply either. I hope there's some reason, because otherwise I think it's pretty poor to take six weeks to send an acknowledgement.

Anyone able to shed any light?

Cheers

Jim

• RMweb Premium

Guys

Tried to email John Emerson on the email address given in the magazine, offering an article.

Never got a undeliverable message, and never got a reply either. I hope there's some reason, because otherwise I think it's pretty poor to take six weeks to send an acknowledgement.

Anyone able to shed any light?

Cheers

Jim

Hi Jim. Just came across this and just wanted to let you know I too have had no response from BRM's lot including Tony Wright AND he is a friend of mine!!!!!!! He once said to me that he hates emails and I should write, so I did (to his home) and he still hasn't responded! However, when I spoke to him at Donny he was his usual self and I have yet another invite to visit. Non response from BRM must be a work thing? Think it needs pointing out though, because if it is an admin person 'over filtering' then the boss needs to know! Yes, filter dross, but ignoring an offer of an article is poor practice. However, I wouldn't email the pointing out comments! ;) I'd try writing to the boss!

Sincerely, 36E

They do not seem to like emails, unless you are ordering one of their products.

A while ago I sent one to Patrick Sisco after he had promised to deal with a subscription problem when I saw him at an exhibition. I had no response until I spoke on the phone to 'The Boss' which then produced a result.

Recently I sent one to Tony Wright and this again produced no response so I contacted the office by phone and was passed to Richard Wilson who promised to notify Mr. Wright and also to send me an email to confirm that my system was working (which it was). Again no responses from either gentlemen.

Looks like the phone is the best medium.

Hello guys!

Thought I'd throw in my tuppence-worth. Tony tends to spend a lot of his time out of the office, being tied up with not just our photography, but also that for other Warners titles too. He's also had to move back into the BRM 'hotseat' since my move to Traction (when I started in 2007 I was basically doing Tony's old job). You may have to bear with us for a while until things settle. However, if you fail to get response, email me and I'll make sure they're advised.

Rgeards

Hi,

I have recently had contact with both Richard and Tony all the way from Australia, regarding my photo in BRM Oct 2009 and some other matter. I got a reply a few days after my emails. Must be that I'm from an exotic foreign land?

regards

Mark in OZ

Hi Jim,

The jist of it after chatting with John Emmerdson at Doncaster is that they get overwhelmed with emails and letters that the workload becomes umbareable and i guess time consuming to sift through it all.

I am in now way wanting to make excuses on anyone elses behalf but to say that in my experience this is not unuique to BRM as myself waiting for a reply for several months from another magazine.

cheers

Peter

Well, no response isn't acceptable! I worked for a major US model railroading magazine last decade, and we were required to respond to e-mails and letters from customers in a timely manner.

Please see http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/topic/11358-brm-subscription-land-of-confusion/page__pid__100319__st__0&?do=findComment&comment=100319.

I am also having trouble getting in touch as Potterbourne featured in readers layouts in the last issue and no £25 arrived as yet, I contacted John a few weeks ago but as yet no reply.

I am not bothered so much about the £25, but the principle of it more than anything else

Archived