Barnetby Semaphores.

class"66"

• RMweb Gold

What other boxes are going then Dave (Beast)?  I know sometimes they have a preservation order on them.

I was surprised to find out it will all be rn from York and thought Doncaster would control it.. I knew 3 or 4 of the Bobbies at Barnetby as they are members of the Caistor Model Rail club and I suspect they will be looking for jobs.

• RMweb Gold

Its shame that Network rail don't sell the semaphore arms to the likes of us in the railway hobbie..

Yes but ...

recovering arms can add substantially to the time - these arms were bolted on many years ago and the bolts have probably seized, the job was handed back a few minutes before time, if everything had been recovered for reuse the job would have taken a lot longer - unfortunately there's no sentiment when Immingham is shut pending completion of the work. There's still some hope, apparently things are being assesed for reuse/resale etc.

Barnetby East will need a further possesion and is rumoured to be flattened at Easter.

• 1 month later...

Its shame that Network rail don't sell the semaphore arms to the likes of us in the railway hobbie..

Judging by the number of homes I pass, on my rail travels, with signals and various other rail paraphernalia in the garden they do, or at least have done.

In BR days, there use to be Collectors Corner near Euston station.

Having said that, they never had any Deltic cabs for sale but I've seen one of those in someone's garden as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived