'USA' 0-6-0T models - painted samples

dibber25

When I worked at the Signal box! the max number of parcels we could send out in a day was between 50 and 100. Now Kernow have a couple of 1000 of these things so the mathes say about 4 weeks to post them.

Edited by JSpencer
  • Like 1

Unfortunately a side effect of this workload is that Kernow's own business, including their limited editions, is affected. Their usual excellent service has had to give way. While they advertise the LMR J94 as 'in stock' it is looking like my preorder is having to wait. Still, my credit card has suffered a bit lately, so maybe there is a positive in this!

Unfortunately a side effect of this workload is that Kernow's own business, including their limited editions, is affected. Their usual excellent service has had to give way. While they advertise the LMR J94 as 'in stock' it is looking like my preorder is having to wait. Still, my credit card has suffered a bit lately, so maybe there is a positive in this!

Have Kernow told you this? Pre-ordered J94s will take the same time to work through the system as pre-ordered USAs. (CJL)

Edited by dibber25

It is about mathematics, and it shows up when I check my order status.  It will take them some time to work through it all.  This is not a complaint.  I have had fantastic service from Kernow.  I chose not to contact them because it would only to add to their workload.

Edited by KymN

It is about mathematics, and it shows up when I check my order status.  It will take them some time to work through it all.  This is not a compliant.  I have had fantastic service from Kernow.  I chose not to contact them because it would only to add to their workload.

It's probably more about which boxes of models are in their way. (CJL)

• Like 1

NCB no.36 arrived last night. Got to run it for about ten minutes to check its running and it was then confiscated by the management who has contributed to the cost. Get it back at Xmas

In my opinion , a truly brilliant model - one of the best in recent times.

• Like 2

My 30064 arrived yesterday, I fortunately was able to retain it although like Edge it is my Christmas present from management. What a gem, well worth the 4 1/2 year wait. Had a session on the rolling road today, it was very quiet and steady. With the slight side to side motion so characteristic of the prototype when running on the Bluebell. :sungum:

Edited by Grosvenor
  • Like 2

For those who haven't seen Kernow's latest newsletter, I'm sure they won't object to me posting the latest details on deliveries to date (this is simply copied and pasted from their email):

"The current position is 1st sweep completed on MR-101, MR-102, MR-107, and MR-108. 1st sweep in progress on MR103 and MR-104. Yet to be delivered are MR-105, MR-106, MR-109 and MR-110. The number of orders awaiting processing as of this morning was 46 remaining for MR-101, 146 remaining for MR-102, 372 remaining for MR-103, 487 remaining for MR-104, 20 remaining for MR-107, and 78 remaining for MR-108. The 1st sweep is where we process as many orders as quickly as possible, which means skipping any orders with invalid or expired card details for example. On the 2nd sweep we then take each order in turn and contact the customer to update card details. We do it this way to get through the orders as quickly as possible - it takes four times as long to process an order with an invalid card compared to an order which has no issues."

I am awaiting my green MR-104, but it looks like I, together with quite a few others, will just have to be patient for a little longer.

OK, excluding the versions yet to be delivered there are 1149 outstanding orders. Allowing for the fact kernow has other orders for its own business, and attends modelshows which would cut down the availibilty of staff etc, and everybody plays nice and doesn't phone, lets say 40 a day for 5 days a week this gives a little under 6 weeks to clear the backlog (not allowing for multiple orders), sooooo it'll be around Mid October to clear the lot. If they do more a day or more days a week, then it'll be early October.

This though is if they just keep banging out orders, for those with no crdit card details or out of the date details the process will slow down, whatever the 28 days thing I suspect no longer applies.

'I could be wrong, I could be right '(God bless you John Lydon !) but as an estimate I think thats in the right ball park.

Cheers

Clive

Folks, yesterday I paid a visit to Kernow today, mine isn't in yet, but I saw floor to ceiling stacks of boxes full of lovely models.

Literally dozens and dozens of boxes.

Be patient.

They'll get there, and they'll ( the locos) will get to you.

And some of the versions haven't even arrived yet.

• Like 2

This though is if they just keep banging out orders, for those with no crdit card details or out of the date details the process will slow down.

Well at least a quarter of those orders they quote have out of date details so I would except a slow down. Then there will be some where the contact details are out of date as well - email addresses and mobile numbers.

OK, excluding the versions yet to be delivered there are 1149 outstanding orders. Allowing for the fact kernow has other orders for its own business, and attends modelshows which would cut down the availibilty of staff etc, and everybody plays nice and doesn't phone, lets say 40 a day for 5 days a week this gives a little under 6 weeks to clear the backlog (not allowing for multiple orders), sooooo it'll be around Mid October to clear the lot. If they do more a day or more days a week, then it'll be early October.

This though is if they just keep banging out orders, for those with no crdit card details or out of the date details the process will slow down, whatever the 28 days thing I suspect no longer applies.

'I could be wrong, I could be right '(God bless you John Lydon !) but as an estimate I think thats in the right ball park.

Cheers

Clive

Kernow were kind enough to contact me weeks ago to ask for updated card details  -  and I guess they did the same for everyone else ................ IF, though, anyone's been stupid enough not to advise them of changes to CONTACT details that's their own tough sh........ er, stuff !

• RMweb Gold

Work is in progress on a trio of USA Tanks for my new little layout Canute Road Quay. Number s64 is in early 1948 British Railways livery, the only available green shaded 'Sunshine' British Railways lettering in 4mm are slightly tooo large and in 2mm too small, so I do know it is a bit of a compromise. Number 68 is as pet the Model Rail release and number 72 is in its condition as run by The Southern Railway before she received the full modifications too cab and bunker etc. in July 1948, I still need to add the cab side windows and additional steps that were fitted before the SR introduced her in 1946.

post-243-0-38322100-1474107259_thumb.jpg

All await weathering.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

My MR 104 arrived yesterday. Fantastic model, the detail is amazing. Well worth the asking price. Bachmann and Model Rail are to be congratulated on producing such an exquisite model. Highly recommended

Model Rail Offers website is showing MR-104 (30064 in Green) as more than 10 in stock. The latest Kernow newsletter says that this is due to order cancellations. I've ordered one!! I would recommend doing the same if they are as sought after as this forum subject would suggest!!

• Like 1

Does anyone know when MR106 will be in stock? I am no hurry at all, just want to know so I can see if I can spend money now or hold onto it.

We've been told to expect delivery of MR105 and MR106 to Kernow in mid-October. That does not mean that Kernow will necessarily start dealing with them the moment they arrive. (CJL)

• Like 1

They're absolutely wonderful! Run like a dream and look the business!

I didn't realise until I placed them alongside another loco, just how small they are! Placed alongside an austerity they're smaller, alongside a J50 they're tiny!

Edited by WD0-6-0
  • Like 1