DJModels Limited, End of Year report, 2015

DJM Dave

Typical Brit modus  -  lay possible accusation against a fellow poster of trolling in the same breath as apologising if the presumption of them trolling is wrong!  I think the term giving people the benefit of the doubt has all but evaporated these days or maybe the apology is a result of a paranoia?

• RMweb Gold

Re post 24, no I am not trolling, I expressed firm interest in the model months ago. I have nothing but admiration for the way Dave has gone about his business and can't wait to get my hands on the model.

Regards

Alastair M

• 4 weeks later...

DJModels Limited End of Year Report 2015

With the duplication that seems to be going on at the moment, I have decided not to announce anything until I have something tangible to show, as I feel that as a small business this makes more commercial sense rather than having duplication on the market place. I will no longer announce something for 2/3 years time, therefore putting a discouraging marker in the ground. It ultimately helps no one. I also feel that the approach of ‘teasers’ is dead, and people want to see something tangible, even I it’s just a cad/cam. This approach, if followed by other manufacturers, will save time and money being wasted in duplication and loss of sales.

Please note I am not advocating the breaking of competition laws by talking amongst ourselves, I just think that maybe if we all announced our 2 yearly models in the same week of the same year (maybe May 1st for example), individual companies could decide yes or no to going ahead with a duplicated model. Just seems like sense to me, that’s all, and I’d personally, as a modeller, be more able to plan my acquisitions accordingly knowing that company x is doing one within 12 months etc.

It probably won’t work, or get shot down by the 'nay sayers', but it’s an idea.

Dave,

Thank you for your articulate newsletter. I'll apologize for the discourtesy in taking so long to respond to it but I thank you for your forthright statements.

I'm delighted with my Kernow O2 and am very much looking forward to your GWR commissions with Hattons and Kernow (all of them) when they appear in their own good time  I also look forward to the PDF catalogue.

I can't imagine how the setbacks of the multiple duplicated announcements impact your business plan*, but I agree that there must be a better way of doing things than the way things are being done today in the British outline model railway industry.

(* Actually I can but don't want to go there.)

The existence of competitors is a great sign of the health of a business segment and I hope your business flourishes.

I wish you a profoundly better 2016 than the travails of 2015.

• AY Mod locked this topic

Archived