Wigan Wallgate

katwigan

What a masterpiece you are creating the buildings are magnificent but the track and cobbles are a real compliment to them this will be one of those layouts that you watch and a train gets in the way.Hope the C treatment goes okay its always a worry my wife has had it three times and won so I feel for you and hope you will beat this horriblr thing.Chris

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Hey all thanks for the compliments, comments and support,

Hopefully I will get to progress things still although having just started another round of Chemo not much has happened in the last few days.

They ( the doc's ) said about day three you WILL feel like you have just been hit by a Mack Truck, They didn't say it was such a big one nor that it would keep coming back round the corner.

Anyway, Day 5 after first dose today don't feel quite so flat, hopefully I will get some more cobble cast this arvo.

WIll see how we go next week when they hit me again.

In the meantime I  will try to keep up the work in progress.

Latic hopefully your plans can come to fruition, if I can help out in any way, give us a shout. My Great  Granpa Taylor had a bungalow somewhere in Parbold (Many years ago) don't know where, but it was always known as Grandpa's Bungalow by my dad and aunts.

Cheers for now

Kev

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• 1 year later...

Sadly it seems Kevan Taylor (Katwigan) passed away on October 5th 2019.

https://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/tributes/notice/death-notices/kevan-taylor/5068081/?nk=31137ece35960f52df45fd465b21d05b-1607336302

More of his layout writings here, and his brave battle with his health towards the end.

https://www.wiganworld.co.uk/communicate/mb_message.php?opt=f8&msd=963158&page=1&subject=My Model Railway / Saving WIgan

R.I.P. Kevan, a fellow Wiganer and a very crafted modeler.

Brit15

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

Thank you. Very sad to hear the news. He was a very talented modeller, and of a place I visited regularly as a young trainspotter. He brought back a lot of memories for me. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. Trevor

• Friendly/supportive 1

This is so sad, I have just been looking at a post from Kevan in 2017 saying the big C had been beaten, it’s a cruel disease.

I followed Wigan Wallgate and tried to picture what he was trying to achieve when I changed trains at North Western for the train to Bolton where I used to live..

Condolences to family & friends

• Like 2

• 1 month later...