The Depots, Rosedale East.

Worsdell forever

• RMweb Gold

I would say up to 10 on good land, probably 5 per acre in the field to the front of the layout, which in total will be about 20 acres, they do like to keep together so if they all wandered round this way there could be up to 100 sheep, but I don't fancy painting that many...

You'd most probably fall asleep part way through!

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

What also needs to be remembered is the sheep will be concentrated in as few fields as possible, say, a third of the available land at any one time to let the grass recover on the rest. Sheep, as mentioned above like to stick together and if there are say, three fields available to them they will undoubtedly all be in one of them.

It's a bit like crop rotation really.

Edited by Worsdell forever

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

After a quiet week last week and most of the weekend away, a start on the fencing tonight, 80 x 60 thou posts and 60 x 20 thou rails.

attachicon.gifIMGP9960-001.JPG

I realise the answer is obviously not, but wouldn't it have been easier to do the ground cover scenery and then put the fence in, or is the fence coming out once measured etc?

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

I realise the answer is obviously not, but wouldn't it have been easier to do the ground cover scenery and then put the fence in, or is the fence coming out once measured etc?

Mike.

I thought the ground cover was finished ?

• RMweb Gold

Mike.

If I was using carpet underlay I would have put it down first as the fence would get in the way of the brushing, lifting and painting, on this one I'm using static grass and there will be different lengths and colours on either side of the fences and they won't get in the way the same. Hopefully...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I should also add that I like the why this is coming along. Certainly not a layout from the flat earth brigade, shows that it's worth either modelling a prototype (as you are) or at the very least having a good look at the real world.

Should look great once grassed over and a few wind turbines added.

• RMweb Gold

Just checking Paul, you're not trying to pass this off as your wedding cake are you? I see trouble ahead of you are; -p

(you can blame Mark for putting this idea in my head)

Well, part of it will be chocolate, can't be doing with fruitcake.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The first section of fence has had a coat of Vallejo 'Black Grey' and the footpath made with chinchilla dust.

post-7104-0-46133300-1496783298_thumb.jpg

The fence posts are all in on board 2.

post-7104-0-41687200-1496783317_thumb.jpg

And starting a bit of detailing in the garden behind the cottage.

post-7104-0-64259700-1496783307_thumb.jpg

• Like 19