The Depots, Rosedale East.

Worsdell forever

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Indomitable026 said:

Great to see you both.

Good to see both of you too. 

Adjusted 1093s front coupling this morning and it's working much better, here we glimpse her through the trees. 

20211024_111544_copy_1600x774.jpg.56a56fb2975d93e34ae7b52513efda85.jpg

• Like 19

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I beg to differ but Mr Raven's finest carried the number 13 and was never allowed to show the way forward for the main lines north of York - a terrible shame.

I do appreciate the various Raven steam locos - especially the D 4-4-4T, the 3 cylinder Atlantics that became LNER C7 and the two cylinder 0-8-0 that became LNER class Q6. But the real stars showing the way forward were the electrics - of which no.13 was the best.

Regards

Chris H

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Metropolitan H said:

I beg to differ but Mr Raven's finest carried the number 13 and was never allowed to show the way forward for the main lines north of York - a terrible shame.

I do appreciate the various Raven steam locos - especially the D 4-4-4T, the 3 cylinder Atlantics that became LNER C7 and the two cylinder 0-8-0 that became LNER class Q6. But the real stars showing the way forward were the electrics - of which no.13 was the best.

Regards

Chris H

Problem there is it was never proven in service, only testing. Having riden behind the T3 many years ago it certainly proved its self by the time it got to Goathland!

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1