I have been on a field trip this morning to the area I am modelling, I will upload the pictures in two parts to try avoid confusion the first upload is this post which is the Bradford Interchange side

The four top photographs are taken from Station Way, then the fifth is a view from Wortley Road, the sixth photo is taken from Wortley road bridge of Whingate bridge, the seventh photo is taken from Whingate bridge of Wortley Road bridge.

On the first photo to the right is where the entrance to the coal yard would have been

attachicon.gifView from Station Way (2).JPG

This bridge would have had the third line to the cross over.

attachicon.gifView from Station Way (6).JPG

attachicon.gifView from Station Way.JPG

Whilst out I saw a Class 180 on a empty stock move to Bradford Interchange

attachicon.gifClass 180 passing Armley Moor (2).JPG

The coal yard line would have been roughly underneath where I am stood

attachicon.gifView from Wortley Road (2).JPG

This is a View taken from Wortley Road looking towards Bradford Interchange, this is the area where the catch points and reverse crossover would have been

attachicon.gifView of Whingate Bridge from Wortley Road (2).JPG

This is a View taken from Whingate Bridge looking towards Wortley Road bridge and Leeds again where the catch points and reverse crossover would have been 

attachicon.gifView of Wortley Road bridge from Whingate Bridge.JPG

SGJ

Excellent images - snow and railways - always look good takes me back to Yorkshire bashing in the Winters of '78 and '79.

Ian

Edited by Crisis Rail
  • Like 1

Excellent images - snow and railways - always look good takes me back to Yorkshire bashing in the Winters of '78 and '79.

Ian

ian

It was a shame it want proper snow but it does add a lot to pictures and can bring out detail that can be missed sometimes

I have made a start on doing some modelling ( well thats what we will call it anyway ;) ) I have made a start on doing the walling around Wortley Road bridge, the Up side wall needs to be sloped down as this was an approach to Armley Moor stations goods shed ( the oposite side to Henry Musgraves coal yard and High Level Yard ).

post-9437-0-45651700-1473630499_thumb.jpg

post-9437-0-05669900-1473630501_thumb.jpg

post-9437-0-55938800-1473630502_thumb.jpg

post-9437-0-10874400-1473630504_thumb.jpg

post-9437-0-55599000-1473630505_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

The HST has run for the first time as a complete rake under DCC control ( previous photos have been static ) with its coach letters in order A,B,C,D,E,F,G, and H. I am pleased with it however 2 of the coaches are Lima and I want to replace both with Hornby ones

Both power cars are Lima motored ones although both are strong enough to run with a dummy car.

Enjoy the Bradford Executive hauled by 43085 City of Bradford, and 43136

• Like 3

Hi Simon

Like Andy, sorry for all the likes but all fully deserved. This has got the makings of a great little layout especially with the gravity shunting. That really does add something different.

Like the choice of traction as well on the video of the shunting. I'm rather partial to a tractor or two.....or three....or four......... :D

Shall be following along now with interest.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

Hi Simon

Like Andy, sorry for all the likes but all fully deserved. This has got the makings of a great little layout especially with the gravity shunting. That really does add something different.

Like the choice of traction as well on the video of the shunting. I'm rather partial to a tractor or two.....or three....or four......... :D

Shall be following along now with interest.

Cheers

Marcus

The likes are liked :)

I do like 37`s too but they didn`t venture around the Leeds - Bradford Interchange line that much, in fact not many loco`s at all, the 37 on the Q path scrap train is actually later than the period i am modelling but history can "go do one" in this instance as it was alocated a 37, After some more coaches and another 31 ( or 2 ) the next set of wagons on the wish list is a rake of SSA or POA  for the Bradford - Cardiff ( via Healey Mills ) service

37057 VIKING is a Bachmann DCC Sound loco but I dont always have sound on, 37212 is my preferred loco it is just that bit smoother than VIKING its from the Vitrains range, I would like another 37 in speedlink distribution livery ( Tinsley based ) eventually but i`m not in any rush to buy one but that`s more for myself than for the layout

Simon

The likes are liked :)

I do like 37`s too but they didn`t venture around the Leeds - Bradford Interchange line that much, in fact not many loco`s at all, the 37 on the Q path scrap train is actually later than the period i am modelling but history can "go do one" in this instance as it was alocated a 37, After some more coaches and another 31 ( or 2 ) the next set of wagons on the wish list is a rake of SSA or POA  for the Bradford - Cardiff ( via Healey Mills ) service

37057 VIKING is a Bachmann DCC Sound loco but I dont always have sound on, 37212 is my preferred loco it is just that bit smoother than VIKING its from the Vitrains range, I would like another 37 in speedlink distribution livery ( Tinsley based ) eventually but i`m not in any rush to buy one but that`s more for myself than for the layout

Simon

I know what you mean Simon. Sound is nice in small amounts as it can drive you bonkers after a while. My lads got a sound 37 and 31 and 1/2 hour is about as much as I can stand. Working with the real things day in day out the sounds far to tinny for my liking. Ands that from someone who drives predominately 66's!! Also it's nice to hear that someone else rates their Vitrains 37. Ok they might not have quite the looks of the Bachmann version but running wise I find them lovely and smooth and quite capable of hauling a decent load.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

I know what you mean Simon. Sound is nice in small amounts as it can drive you bonkers after a while. My lads got a sound 37 and 31 and 1/2 hour is about as much as I can stand. Working with the real things day in day out the sounds far to tinny for my liking. Ands that from someone who drives predominately 66's!! Also it's nice to hear that someone else rates their Vitrains 37. Ok they might not have quite the looks of the Bachmann version but running wise I find them lovely and smooth and quite capable of hauling a decent load.

Cheers

Marcus

I've always found Vi Trains 37's and 47's superb performers, never any issues.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...