SWAG 2016 ?

Penlan

Next few days.... Ah, that will be Dreckly then...  :O

Fot those not in the know, the Cornish word 'dreckly' is akin to the Spanish 'mañana', though it doesn't quite capture the sense of urgency of 'mañana'!

Anyway, I'll be at Staplegrove helping Maurice H as usual. So I'll be ordering a pasty - 'dreckly'.  :mosking:  

...... mere mortals do not get to see ....

TiC .... Well there we are, just 'mere mortals' ?  :angel: 

When it comes to edibles time, I think my small group attending is 4 people.... 3 from God's Wonderful Realm, hopefully the '6 Nations' winners this year too >> Wales, and 1 (myself) from the furthest reaches of Cornwall (bar 6 miles - Mousehole).

• RMweb Premium

TiC .... Well there we are, just 'mere mortals' ?  :angel:

That included me until this year .   Just turn up , enjoy the day and go home , now it's

all contact different people , organise this , check that , confirm something else , it's playing

havoc with my quiet retirement plans .  :drag:

• RMweb Gold

That included me until this year .   Just turn up , enjoy the day and go home , now it's

all contact different people , organise this , check that , confirm something else , it's playing

Just remember to stand your corner demand your rights when it comes to tables - get agreement in writing from the organiser ;) (if possible, and tempt him with sausages if all else fails)

• RMweb Gold

Mike Sidecar - It will be fine - the first time we set it up was a challenge, especially with my three modules, but now you've got professionals involved it will all be set up by 8:30 and you'll be eating cake by 9:00.

(I will still be prodding the monorail to get it moving...) 

........ it's playing havoc with my quiet retirement plans .  :drag:

With 8 years of alleged retirement, any plans I've had have been lost in the mist of time,

I seem to be locked into a re-active regime all the time, illusions of being pro-active have never seen the light of day, or night.

Right, my point rodding stools from Andrew Buttler - Modelu3d > http://www.modelu3d.co.uk/point-rodding-update/ 

have arrived this morning and....

..... Arghhhh, apparently the front door's sticking, can I sort it out before 'her' friends arrive, and .........

Right, my point rodding stools from Andrew Buttler - Modelu3d > http://www.modelu3d.co.uk/point-rodding-update/ 

have arrived this morning and....

..... Arghhhh, apparently the front door's sticking, can I sort it out before 'her' friends arrive, and .........

In all honesty I think sorting out your stools is more important than a sticky front door.

• RMweb Premium

What's a quiet retirement, surely that's a contradiction in terms

• 4 weeks later...

Stubby, typical, Swag's the same weekend as the show at Helston........
However, as I've booked my room etc,my for Swag, I shall have to miss Helston.
Yes, I know I could go on Saturday, but with swmbo in tow, things tend to take on a different perspective, like shops.

• RMweb Gold

Calling the Good Captain - can you share any info on who and / or what will be attending this year, yet, or is Horst still working things out ?

Sorry for the delay.

Things are well in hand and I really just need to find the time to write it all out properly and put it up on the forum.

Archived