'Compton Abbas'

georgeT

Looking forward to George T's 7mm workbench.

You know it makes sense!

lt sure does EKR, l really have missed the scratch / kit building of brass 0 gauge locomotives, so l am returning to it again, but keeping all of my 00 gauge interests as well and NOT doing what l always do, get rid of everything to fund a new venture...l really fancy a small goods yard in 0 gauge with several wagons and a few 0-6-0 locos shunting them around...we'll see...

Morning George,

What fantastic news at this early hour, I had noticed that the number 0 and the dimension 7mm had been creeping into your posts lately so I suppose it was inevitable!! Do you still have any of your old 7mm models left, or were they all sold - I remember just how beautiful your workmanship was on locos like the 'spam can' so will you consider making your own from scratch or kit again which would save you an absolute fortune as well as look better? Something us mere mortals cannot even consider,

Does 'Sir Bodgit' know of your plans yet as I can't wait to read his comments on this one?

I shall now wait with baited breath whilst the bailiffs get the room vacated as soon as possible Ha Ha Ha,

Kind regards,

Jock.

He told me last night Jock, and he wasn't going to say anything yet, but that's our George for you. He did love his 7mm Kit and scratch building and did a superb job of every one he completed. I went out last night thinking to myself; now what if I sold all my 4mm S & D Locos, abandoned North Road, and built another Trebudoc! :nono:  :nono: :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  

Morning George,

What fantastic news at this early hour, I had noticed that the number 0 and the dimension 7mm had been creeping into your posts lately so I suppose it was inevitable!! Do you still have any of your old 7mm models left, or were they all sold - I remember just how beautiful your workmanship was on locos like the 'spam can' so will you consider making your own from scratch or kit again which would save you an absolute fortune as well as look better? Something us mere mortals cannot even consider,

Does 'Sir Bodgit' know of your plans yet as I can't wait to read his comments on this one?

I shall now wait with baited breath whilst the bailiffs get the room vacated as soon as possible Ha Ha Ha,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Morning Jock, Thanks for the kind words, l have planted the seed into Bodgits brain, so we will see what comes of it ? hahahaha,  l was looking through some pictures of my builds on Andys early version of 'Trebudoc' which was just a small yard but very interesting to play with, so thats what l want to build now as another string to my bow without selling anything...

Hi George,

It will be most fascinating and educating to see how you go about scratch building any new locos, I will follow with earnest! (No! I haven't yet read through you workbench yet, sorry!).

More power to your elbow, Sir! Plus, I find having two (or more!) projects on the go does keep interest flowing.

Cheers,

John.

Evening George,

Can you believe that I spent several hours of my life working through the thread on the 'fighter squadron', and thoroughly enjoyed the trip! Your skill is amazing and should allow you to start building stock right away. Do you feel up to doing some such modelling as it would help keep your interest going whilst you wait for the room to be ready.

Fantastic idea mate and even I am getting excited now,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Evening George,

Can you believe that I spent several hours of my life working through the thread on the 'fighter squadron', and thoroughly enjoyed the trip! Your skill is amazing and should allow you to start building stock right away. Do you feel up to doing some such modelling as it would help keep your interest going whilst you wait for the room to be ready.

Fantastic idea mate and even I am getting excited now,

Kind regards,

Jock. 

Thank you for the kind comments Jock, '229 Squadron'  was my biggest challenge of all as it was a giant of a loco, so in future l will stick to small 0-6-0s as they are a little easier to work with... back to 00 gauge now and a new addition to the fleet at 'Compton' a Bachmann 45XX number 4560 second hand for £37 just needs touching up and weathering...

post-7716-0-39393800-1457773213_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the kind comments Jock, '229 Squadron'  was my biggest challenge of all as it was a giant of a loco, so in future l will stick to small 0-6-0s as they are a little easier to work with... back to 00 gauge now and a new addition to the fleet at 'Compton' a Bachmann 45XX number 4560 second hand for £37 just needs touching up and weathering...

I agree about building small locos much nicer than large ones. I am doing a S15 at the moment and the tender is as large as my G6.

I wish I had of know there was a canal class when I built one as a commision a few years back.

Great photos, the Golden Arrow must of turned right out of London instead of left.

Hello Peter, l also build a canal class 0-6-0 in 0 gauge but have never seen one until l was leaving yesterday, the picture was taken through a dirty window up stairs...

post-7716-0-54089600-1457852711_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-33957700-1457852714_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-58707600-1457852716_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-58979200-1457852719_thumb.jpg

Had a craking day at the Nottingham show today heres Andy, Clive Mortimore and John (Allegheny 1600) 

post-7716-0-42972200-1457895915_thumb.jpg

l thought the best layout for me anyway was 'Faringdon' a lovely BLT set in the 1950s

post-7716-0-94505100-1457896099_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-62880600-1457896102_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-39192900-1457896105_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-05629900-1457896108_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-43760100-1457896110_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-07194400-1457896113_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-98848600-1457896114_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-87489100-1457896116_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Had a craking day at the Nottingham show today heres Andy, Clive Mortimore and John (Allegheny 1600) 

attachicon.gifIMG_4949.JPG

l thought the best layout for me anyway was 'Faringdon' a lovely BLT set in the 1950s

What is my dad doing with Andy and John?

Come to think of it my dad been dead for 8 years, that bloke in the middle don't 'alf look like my dad.

It was a great day and good to meet up with you all.

What is my dad doing with Andy and John?

Come to think of it my dad been dead for 8 years, that bloke in the middle don't 'alf look like my dad.

It was a great day and good to meet up with you all.

lts always good to meet up with fellow RMwebbers and put faces to names...

Well after a really cracking day at Nottingham yesterday looking at all the different aspects of the hobby got me really thinking about my future in the hobby, as l have not been entirely happy with my layout, as l have had it up and running for ages now and have played with it very little and have come to realize that it is the building l enjoy most rather than the running, so when me and John (Allegheny 1600) got back to my house money and good words were exchanged and 'Compton Abbas' was sold. Thank you all for your support and help over the past in the building of CA it was all appreciated, and l will be back with a new venture soon, thanks again...

In light of your interest yesterday I'm not at all surprised, your enjoyment is the building and I do have to admit that mine has changed from running to Scenics over the last few Months. The main difference is I know mine will return to running now that the main scenic work is completed BUT I know yours will and always has been Loco and Stock Building.

All the very best with the new venture and also all the best John, he has purchased a cracking Layout with loads of potential and I'm sure we'll see it re emerge on here soon.

In light of your interest yesterday I'm not at all surprised, your enjoyment is the building and I do have to admit that mine has changed from running to Scenics over the last few Months. The main difference is I know mine will return to running now that the main scenic work is completed BUT I know yours will and always has been Loco and Stock Building.

All the very best with the new venture and also all the best John, he has purchased a cracking Layout with loads of potential and I'm sure we'll see it re emerge on here soon.

Thanks Andy, The big trouble l had was trying to maintain the interest which was and still very hard for me to do, like when l build a loco or building its all over when its complete and then l move onto the next project, what impressed me yesterday was watching the guy building O gauge locos out of card, and then to see it run around on the big O gauge layout, and she looked every bit of a £2000 brass loco, now thats what l  intend to do next ?, also l have kept ALL of the stock from CA for a much later project...

Morning George.

That came as a bit of a shock to me. Looking forward to seeing the new venture whatever it is.

Morning Duncan, lt came as a surprise to me too, but then realized that l was building the layout to please others as l had lost interest quite early in the build, but now its gone to a good home and John has assured me he will look after CA and finish it off and hopefully exhibit later....

Archived