'Compton Abbas'

georgeT

Hi George!

It was really nice to come over yesterday to meet you, talk trains and see how you make buildings and locos etc, very clever stuff and I was highly impressed, thanks!

Sorry I didn't comment earlier, I was absolutely shattered after my drive home, I think I should have called into a chippy or something then waited for traffic to die down, ah well! You live and learn! Unfortunately on the way home, my sat-nav took me round the ring road rather than the way I came (down the M6, M56!), why? Gawd knows!

Anyway, "Compton Abbas" is sure going to be a lovely layout, I'm much impressed by the way it's coming together and I think it's going to be great fun to operate too.

Cheers for the comments about my Dock Tank too, folks!

It needs a bit of a change of identity really as it's currently wearing French dress but it'll look great in BR(S) black, I think!

Cheers,

John.

Hi George!

It was really nice to come over yesterday to meet you, talk trains and see how you make buildings and locos etc, very clever stuff and I was highly impressed, thanks!

Sorry I didn't comment earlier, I was absolutely shattered after my drive home, I think I should have called into a chippy or something then waited for traffic to die down, ah well! You live and learn! Unfortunately on the way home, my sat-nav took me round the ring road rather than the way I came (down the M6, M56!), why? Gawd knows!

Anyway, "Compton Abbas" is sure going to be a lovely layout, I'm much impressed by the way it's coming together and I think it's going to be great fun to operate too.

Cheers for the comments about my Dock Tank too, folks!

It needs a bit of a change of identity really as it's currently wearing French dress but it'll look great in BR(S) black, I think!

Cheers,

John.

The pleasure was all mine John, next time, as you say we will get some fish'n'chips and wait till the traffic dies down a bit, trouble is the A6 through Stockport hardly ever dies down hahaha, really loved the USA tank it ran so nice, looking forward to another visit, maybe a trip down to see what Bodgits been up to hahaha take care buddy...

Thanks George!

Yeah, I'd like to pop down to see Andy again, it's been too long.

You guys are so inspirational, thanks to George, when I've got a bit more time I want to make a start on scratch-building a loco! Not sure what yet but I suppose that doesn't really matter until I'm ready to start.

Cheers mate,

John.

No pics or updates from yesterday mate?

l have finished off all the electrics and all the point motors now work so CA is up and running, wired each board up with its points, board one has five switches three point control and two dead sections, board two has three point switches only, the good thing is there only four wires to connect the two together, should be a lot easier ?...

post-7716-0-99433400-1455785463_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-73809300-1455785465_thumb.jpg

Nice work on the cattle dock George and a clever bit of thinking with the rest of the kit. Very nice indeed.

Marcus

Cheers Marcus, l'm getting there slowly and you have to make the most of everything and l thought a small coal stage was needed outside the shed, still lots to do, but a least its up and running...

The switches are looking very good mate, that's a neat bracket.

As l was about to make another control panel l had a thought do l really need one ? no was the simple answer and come up with the idea to mount the switches to each board. and it works great, and without miles of wires...

As l was about to make another control panel l had a thought do l really need one ? no was the simple answer and come up with the idea to mount the switches to each board. and it works great, and without miles of wires...

Could you not set it INTO the layout rather than sticking out where it can get knocked, (remember the 4F).

Must admit to being impressed with Nicks 'Much Murkle' and Johns 'Hintock' low relief buildings so l have made some for CA, not too sure what they will be or if they will stay, but it certainly fills a gap ?...the 'Jinty' has been doing some shunting in the yard...

post-7716-0-47494500-1455878613_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-66136500-1455878615_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-35284800-1455878617_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-88395300-1455878618_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-79234200-1455878629_thumb.jpg

Archived