'Compton Abbas'

georgeT

Hello Marcus / Duncan / Andy, Thanks for the vote of confidence ,l  have changed the 2mm plywood for some nice white 2mm card, as its a lot cheaper and is not so bendy as the ply plus  it sticks a lot better with PVA

post-7716-0-97729500-1456296742_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-63608500-1456296744_thumb.jpg

Hello Marcus / Duncan / Andy, Thanks for the vote of confidence ,l  have changed the 2mm plywood for some nice white 2mm card, as its a lot cheaper and is not so bendy as the ply plus  it sticks a lot better with PVA

Morning George, I think you'll find Duncan is actually Steve / sp1,  anyway better luck with the new card mate, its all looking good, are you still going for DAS now that your using card, as I'm wondering if the moisture in the DAS might warp the card?

Morning George, I think you'll find Duncan is actually Steve / sp1,  anyway better luck with the new card mate, its all looking good, are you still going for DAS now that your using card, as I'm wondering if the moisture in the DAS might warp the card?

To help stop the card warping paint neat PVA on both sides when applying the DAS.

Thanks Marcus / Andy / Ray, The card is standing up to all the tests l have made, and instead of covering the whole structures with DAS l'm thinking of scribing the card itself using a black pencil, the pictures show some first efforts the bricks are just drawn on then rubbing using a scotch-brite to colour...more tests to do ?...

post-7716-0-17402600-1456386603_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-29487500-1456386605_thumb.jpg

A word of warning. I see that your wire appears to go through the polystyrene blocks. I have read that the uPVC coating on wire can react to polystyrene. This is just one reference. http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=42801 , but googling will provide many more. Thought it may be worth having a heads up before the scenery gets finished.

A word of warning. I see that your wire appears to go through the polystyrene blocks. I have read that the uPVC coating on wire can react to polystyrene. This is just one reference. http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=42801 , but googling will provide many more. Thought it may be worth having a heads up before the scenery gets finished.

Jules is right George, I too have read reports of the dangers of putting wires through polystyrene, it may be worth looking at re routing before going to far. 

Hi George, good to see you today at New Mills MRE. Hope you made of with a few bargains.

Hello Ray / Polly, Good to see you both and CQ again loved the sound locos too, also grabbed a bargain ...a lovely N class 31816...

post-7716-0-57133300-1456702618_thumb.jpg

Archived