'Compton Abbas'

georgeT

Now, referring to some earlier posts, down 'ere we don't call'em 4F's but 'Armstrong's', 3F's are 'Bulldogs', and wot sum calls Jintys are known as 'Bagnalls'.

http://sdjr.net/sd_locos.html

Morning Guys, Once again thanks for all the comments and banter, Paul what a crackin' site on the S&D, that will really come in handy, so l can get the correct numbers for the stock on CA...

Hi George.

Nice Locos and Autocoach. Polly had a Maroon one with go faster gold stripes for christmas life. :jester:

High Level do a good chassis kit for the 14xx and Mainly Trains do a body detailing kit.

Heres a link to one i did earlier.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/62699-rays-4mm-workbench/?p=840788

But I'm sure with your Loco building skills you'll make a much better job of it.

Ray.

Hello Ray, Thanks for the link to your re-building of a 14xx, very nice such a lovely little loco, l will see if High Level has a chassis to buy...then follow your lead...

If he is like me I doubt if he knows until he has built it  :senile:

Spot on Gismorail, l never know before hand what l am building until its built (hahaha) l know what l want but how l achieve it is another thing ? sometimes it works, sometimes it don't (hahahaha) more often it fails hahaha..just like BS l knew what l wanted but in reality it failed badly..

Peter with the cassette system l use is the fish plates are soldered to the tracks on the exit board and the cassettes just plug into them, crude l know but it works, and they hold the track firm, l intend to have two tracks on the exit on CA as only one be in use at any one time...

Hi George, any new updates mate?

Well everything was going well till l saw these wagons from Oxford Rail, they are lovely and got me thinking ? leave the southern branded locos alone and make CA in the days when everything was a lot cleaner and colourful plus save a lot of time and effort changing the locos to BR ...

post-7716-0-76665000-1453368785_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-18695100-1453368789_thumb.jpg

Hi George - I thought this was going to be 1950/60s BR period :scratchhead:- Why the change of plan ?.

Cheers, Bob.

Predominantly it will be Bob, its just that those wagons look so nice (even better with a subtle weathering job) then l can use the few locos l have that are in the Southern green livery, so l can pop back the the 30s-40s for a while just to give them a run out...so no change of plan, just a diversion...

Predominantly it will be Bob, its just that those wagons look so nice (even better with a subtle weathering job) then l can use the few locos l have that are in the Southern green livery, so l can pop back the the 30s-40s for a while just to give them a run out...so no change of plan, just a diversion...

OK George that's great - You had me worried for a minute there (Not for the first time either) Hahaha

Cheers, Bob.

OK George that's great - You had me worried for a minute there (Not for the first time either) Hahaha

Cheers, Bob.

Don't worry Bob, l will get there in the end (hopefully) hahaha Bodgit pointed out that the exit to the fiddle yard was too narrow, so l have increased it, the screw sticking up will be cut off when its all set....

post-7716-0-17510700-1453480986_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-04874600-1453480989_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-54194200-1453480991_thumb.jpg

Archived