Murphy Models to produce 121's

NIRCLASS80

• 2 months later...

IE and original grey to start with.

At least I'll have a little time to save up for IR ones after buying the IE ones.

Given recent developments on the price front from Bachmann et al I shudder to think what these are going to cost.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

CAD for the 121s has popped up, delivery in the summer. Exciting times! https://irishrailwaymodeller.com/topic/5750-class-121/?do=findComment&comment=118653

No connection of course, but if it wasn’t for Paddy we wouldn’t have a business and lots of people ask us about the 121, so now they don’t have to! 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/03/2019 at 14:24, Georgeconna said:

Feast or Famine with the stuff coming out for Irish Railway Models.....Seriously killing my finances.!!

Well hopefully all this stuff from both MM and IRM will be released on time without the usual delays. Similar MM cad images were shown over a year ago to a Dublin club, hopefully the CADs will become real Models later this year. It’s been a long wait in the dark but hopefully the 121 will have been worth the wait and exceed previous locos for detail, features and precision running. Can’t wait to run a pair in consist nose2nose (ie a B&T and ST pair). MM effectively created the Irish model scene single handedly and this loco would be a fitting event marking the completion of one mans journey of persistence to bring proper scale models of Irish prototypes to the market.  This final GM model completes the circle CIE started in 1961 and finished in 1995. 

Edited by NoelG
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, NoelG said:

Well hopefully all this stuff from both MM and IRM will be released on time without the usual delays. Similar MM cad images were shown over a year ago to a Dublin club, 

Thanks Noel. But was the very end of October 'over a year ago'?? Not by my calendar. 

Delays can happen, and are regrettable, but whilst an inconvenience to the modeller, they are an even bigger pain and an expensive cost to the manufacturer. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Jesus Noel give it a rest man

Its like Christmas, everyone knows its coming but we just have to wait

As we speak the first tooling is in progress with a pre production sample by the end of April, all going well

Worst case scenario is the October 3 day show with our friends in the SDMRC but quite possibly beforehand

Might ask him to launch it at the Bray gig, take the wind out of a few of the big boys!!!

RELAX

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, stadman said:

Hmm quite fancy one or two 121's

Had a pair on a tour in 1985.

Will they be 16.5mm or 21mm gauge?

They are standard OO / 16.5mm

On 21/03/2019 at 13:58, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Yes, Jesus Noel is like Christmas!

:)

:D And for the past 30 years I have donned the red suit every Christmas eve continuing a family tradition. Tis mad but its great fun and to see the excitement on the faces of little ones. Sing a few carols and then away up the chimney. :mellow:REgN.gif

This christmas with MM 121s and IRM A classes arriving I'll be the child receiving lovely Christmas gifts.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Some photos of actual test mouldings are now on the Murphy Models website.  Due October-ish it says.  Christmas pressies from me to me  :)

The big gaps are a combination of where etches are going to go I assume, and what looks like a lift off roof panel to access the chip holder, just like the 201.

http://www.murphymodels.com/Class-121-Loco.html

Edited by D6975
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...