drax/Hornby biomass wagons

cheesysmith

I just dont see the point to be honest. If this is a coporate promotional model then why are they selling out of Hattons.

I think its a silly thing to produce a very expensive model in a limited run like this. Im sure the modern image modellers would all jump on a rake of this model. Itll be interesting to see how many of these sell. I would imagine we'll see this in the hattons bargain section before mass numbers start to move.

Edited by Rhb Simon
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Judging by the dents in the transparent casing and the similar swoops, it looks as if Drax has photographed the same wagon twice. That’s a good thing – to have both wagons with the same running number at that price would have been ridiculous.

The pictures of the final boxed versions are the same as it says "Limited Edition 0193 of 1000" on the front of the box in both pics!

I would imagine we'll see this in the hattons bargain section before mass numbers start to move.

Fingers crossed!

• RMweb Gold

I just dont see the point to be honest. If this is a coporate promotional model then why are they selling out of Hattons.

When I spoke with the lady at Drax when these models were first announced she told me that Drax would not be distributing these models themselves but were talking with a fulfilment agent the details of which would be announced in due course.  

That they choose Hattons seems to me to be a sensible and good choice.

Keith

The pictures of the final boxed versions are the same as it says "Limited Edition 0193 of 1000" on the front of the box in both pics!

Fingers crossed!

Yes but the editions are limited to 1000 of each. No. 193 of each wagon might have been shown or the same box might have been used for both wagons..

does preordering with Hattons usually guarantee you'll receive the order?

Hard to say with Hattons I am unsure myself, I have a few on pre-order but there is no conformation, only that the order is placed. You would of thought the best way to do it would be similar to the LT 66 and when the run is sold they close the pre orders.

• Like 1

The arrangement of the rake in that image is going to keep me awake at night. Hope the designers don't see it.

You'll be meaning the Graphic(s) Designers, they being the most sensitive. :wink_mini:

I don't think the Commissioners, builders, & maintainers will care a less which way round the vehicles are coupled, as long as they are cost effective and get the job done.

P

Why do I imagine a graphic designer to be like the male dancer in floods of tears being comforted by a cowboy near the end of Blazing Saddles?

Designing a livery which is carried from one railway vehicle to another is ingenious and can work well, especially in the case of a fixed-formation passenger train such as the Virgin East Coast livery.

Without wishing to reduce anyone to tears, it strikes me that designing such a scheme for a train of vehicles liable to be randomly assembled displays a failure to grasp a fundamental point.

I've got 5 of them on order, the most my layout will comfortably accommodate.  They look fantastic.  Pricey, yes, but they are unique and a once only opportunity and I guess it's up to Drax what the feel they want to charge for them as they commissioned the tooling. Will look good with the Rail Express Ltd Ed 66 when it's released.  I would say the Hornby Drax 60, but has as already been pointed out on here, that combination doesn't happen.

Edited by robf