• RMweb Premium

Not so, it was done 1910, very late cut off for me, but just has ordinary 3’1” open spoke type. There was a lot of earlier wagons running around with 3’7” wheels, the GNSR book says these could be with 8, 9, or 10 spokes.

0EAC244D-8FA3-4FC8-9A0B-5BF667A0A94B.jpeg.f2fe931d3676980be82129ce1ceaf625.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Northroader said:

Isn’t it the Rollright Stones that all go for a drink at midsummer or something like that? Makes sense.

I think you may be confusing them with the Rolling Stones.

Mind you, last time I went to the Rollright Stones, they were anything but dry. 

• Like 3

Glad you enjoyed the build. Nice to see one of my standard gauge kits built up, apart from the test builds before I release them. Must admit I bottle out of trying to supply wheels with my kits, mainly due to the number of different standards used by the modelling fraternity.

Phil T.

Port Wynnstay Models

Edited by Phil Traxson
  • Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium

It would make a nice setting, wouldn’t it? No, I was just trying to convey what the layout would be looking like if it was full-size, due to the inactivity. On the new line, there isn’t really room for any foliage, there should be, but I had this 4’ x 2’ piece of ply, and I wanted two boards, so it got cut down the middle, not the way you should do your planning, really. It’s intended for more sunnier climes....

I’m sure what I should be doing is watching a string of coarse scale wagons trundle round, which looks far more relaxing, and it’s actually running. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

“Sylvan glade with added siding”, I feel a “pop-up” coming on.

004EFA48-EFB6-41E6-A1B5-93D8B4565B2D.jpeg.6cbde7618aa57b9dbc17214c589e4ed5.jpeg

actually, senior granddaughter had a fit at one time when she was visiting us, of doing something to embellish the Railway. She’s dropped the habit now, but I felt I should encourage her, and bought some Woodlands Scenics gear, and the model shop recommended some glue, which was a mistake, you never seen such a pickle she got into, very runny goo. It was  intended for OO/HO, but I’ve since found by splicing and joining you can get the plastic armatures to represent O scale, and with care, they do come up quite well.

Edited by Northroader
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Tried to work out what these are, then I remembered your wide-ranging interests, so I gave up :). Any clues?

image.png.11167c97acb1f27e4f22c1c29e0ec6c5.png

Edited by Mikkel
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, Mikkel said:

Tried to work out what these are, then I remembered your wide-ranging interests, so I gave up :). Any clues?

They look like something being made for a proper railway.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Very evocative pop-up.

Trees are beginning to head for those colours now, and I'm hoping to grab some photos tomorrow, if the sun shows its face, for use as reference/inspiration when painting the back-drop for my photo-plank layout. The footy fields that my son's team now use as their home ground have a dense belt of medium-height mixed deciduous trees on three sides, which is just what I need.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I was trying to do autumn colours on those, so I started with one packet, then some bits on top out of another, perhaps a bit more mixing should have been done. Hope it stays dry, and you get some sun to bring out the colours.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Mikkel said:

The grey-and-black one in the middle is an old Kodak film container.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

I took some photo's earlier this evening which may(or may not) help whilst taking evening views from my lounge window.

50437744047_b47462fafb_c.jpgIMG_0365 by Phil Traxson, on Flickr

There are others on my Flickr site under the album "useful scenic info" which you can probably access by clicking on this picture.

There is even a railway station, the glass canopy just above the large grey roof is over Porthmadog station platform on the Cambrian Coast line to Pwllheli.  

Edited by Phil Traxson
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

The grey-and-black one in the middle is an old Kodak film container.

Hope that helps.

I use them for small useful bits, in this case the brass top hat bearings for wagons.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

Well, earlier today conditions were ideal for taking reference pictures of the edges of fields, which was good. This is just the sort of thing I needed.

31F5CFFF-23A6-44F1-A4C8-CEC2765F1A94.jpeg.ec0ed21ecafe85b2314b90fc8aed1b89.jpeg

I did cycle through plenty of very pleasant “rolling scenery with vistas“ too, but we don’t have a single mountain in north bucks, so I’m unable to equal the view from Phil’s place.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Nice and subtle, it’s great the way foliage changes to golden bronze shades right now. I drove over to Malmesbury this morning, another non mountainous route, and admiring similar changes, but I’m afraid it was ........ down for my trip.

• Like 2

I've just spent a couple of hours clearing leaves from our driveway and garden.  Our only tree is one small acer in a half barrel, but our neighbour to the west has a mini woodland of several 60ft+ high specimens of several species.   Guess from where the prevailing wind comes?   :(

Jim

• Friendly/supportive 8

8 hours ago, Nearholmer said:

I did cycle through plenty of very pleasant “rolling scenery with vistas“ too, but we don’t have a single mountain in north bucks, so I’m unable to equal the view from Phil’s place.

I'm the first to acknowledge that I am so very lucky to have been able to move to, and live in, such a glorious spot.

Edited by Phil Traxson
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Caley Jim said:

I've just spent a couple of hours clearing leaves from our driveway and garden.  Our only tree is one small acer in a half barrel, but our neighbour to the west has a mini woodland of several 60ft+ high specimens of several species.   Guess from where the prevailing wind comes?   :(

Jim

Bag the leaves up in a black plstic bag put in an odd corner for a while until you have a bag of compost. 

Don

• Agree 3