NEW PRODUCTS FOR 2016/7?

Crepello

Personally I'm not expecting very much to be announced for 2016-17.

In terms of new locos, pretty much all diesel models (apart from the more obscure Modernisation Plan ones) are now covered by one manufacturer or the other, and with the eventual arrival of the new Class 40 all original Farish diesels not since "poached" by Dapol will have been retooled and upgraded apart from the "Peak" which I believe is now back of the queue.

Steam wise, looking at the 00 range a 94xx Pannier to follow the 64xx would seem likely (although of no interest to me personally) or possibly an upgraded "Crab" since one already exists in the 00 range.

Rolling stock wise, given the commissioning of the N Gauge Society's Thompson Full Brake, Thompson coaches to compliment it would appear logical and again would reflect what is planned in 00 as I understand it.

Roy

.  .

Edited by Roy L S
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Some bits that would be welcome recipients of the shrink ray - forthcoming 90 and the MPV spring to mind.

If we're wish listing though... 92. Mmmmmmm. Also need to finish my kit, that should make it more likely.

• RMweb Premium

The Class 25/3 is a noticeable absentee from the list of modern spec diesel locos. A very nice earlier 25/2 is now available but the old Poole era dinosaur 25/3 still haunts the Farish catalogue like the unwanted relative at the family Christmas party....

• RMweb Premium

I'd like to see ........

Carflat.........no chance I'll just have to keep making them!

Mk1 RB / RBR.......limited chance

Mk1 BSO........won't hold my breath

Replacement for the ancient Poole 100 ton tanker........maybe

Ferry van........look out for the flying pigs!

• RMweb Premium

The Revolution TEA is a model of a prototype of fairly recent construction; what acg5324 means is the 60/70s version that the Poole one is based on. A new one is a must--as is the PGA hopper (loads of liveries, hauled by many locos etc etc; a lots of modellers would buy lots, as they ran/run in block trains.

I also reckon the PTA/JUA aggregate/iron-ore tipplers (how about scale rotary couplings?!!!) would sell well for the same reason. I know kits are available from TPM, but RTR quality is what is required today (IMHO).

I also agree with acg on the Carflat and the ferry van (assume he means the VIX).

Let's see

Mk2a BFK?  Bodyshell is essentially the same as the BSO, only the roof vents and interior are different.

Shrink-ray on the 2-EPB. Especially if Hornby follow up their 5-BEL by putting their 4-VEP in the shrink-ray too.

LMS/BR Highfit and BR Vanwide are obvious gaps in the BR Steam/Transition/Blue Diesel wagon fleet.

VDA or a retooled VAA, since the Poole-era VAA is getting long in the tooth now.

More liveries for the retooled 47. They haven't done Intercity Swallow, RES, Virgin, Railfreight grey or triple grey yet.

Mk1 stock in NSE (original lighter blue). See as how rapidly the NSE Mk2s sold out I'd have thought they'd sell too. BSK, TSO, SK, FK and CK all carried the livery.

Mk1 FO declassified to SO in Blue/Grey.

There is a logic to sweating existing assets (tooling) so further livery variants where there is seen to be a market would certainly make sense. I suspect they will look at the good sellers and do this. In terms od steam locos, the BR green Ivatt has sold out and it wouldn't surprise me to see a late crest black one (possibly weathered). Ditto the J39, perhaps late crest flush tender and weathered (the uncommon flared tender weathered model has sold out) . Weathered models are, from all accounts very popular. Another run of Class 24s would also make sense as they have all been sold out for some time.

In terms of newly tooled models, personally I doubt we will see any more 3rd rail EMUs for now as apparently the 4CEP was a slow seller (you could pick certain variants up for virtually half list price which does appear to confirm this). In terms of OHLE, models I suspect Bachmann will hold fire on anything new given the recent RevolutioN developments to see if the Pendolino does indeed lead to sales growing in that area.

I would love a carflat (or seven), but the only "Flying Pig" I would really love to see is the Ivatt Mogul put through the "shrink ray"!!!....

However, as I said before, realistically I predict thin pickings, but then we still have a few already announced releases to look forward to like the Standard 4 Tank. I cast my mind back to the pre-Bachmann days and remind myself how thoroughly spoiled for new models we now are.

Roy

Well the A3 could make sense given the recent return to traffic of Flying Scotsman. What I wouldn't give for a coreless motor loco drive one, double chimney, German smoke deflectors, it would consign my Dapol ones, (nice models though they admittedly are) to live in their boxes....

Roy

Class 31/0

Class 25/3

Brake Tender

GW Shunters Wagon

Diagram 033 Inside Frame Siphon G

D6xx Warship

GW 14XX 0-4-2T (with decent chassis)

GW 45xx 2-6-2 (with decent chassis)

GW 51xx 2-6-2 Prarrie

GW Hall - Hawksworth Tender

GW Collet 0-6-0 with smaller tender

8F

1st Gen DMU's (105,117, 120, 123,128, Derby Lightweight)

Erm, anything not made yet it seems!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Bachmann produced a very nice original style TEA in 4mm a few years ago, and I would love them to replace the old Farish model with a superior retooled one.

These wagons ran mixed with the newer TEAs on numerous flows, so the Revolution model would complement an improved Farish version.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A 94xx would be nice to see. I suspect that a new King will be a while in coming given that there would appear to be no reason for Bachmann to do a 00 version.