57604 And HST40

From today, I can confirm that 57604 Pendennis Castle will be repainted this year.......in traditional style GWR green as currently carried. 602 should be out this week new style.

Still in the planning stage is an open day in May at Bristol St Phillips Marsh depot in conjunction with 40 years this October of HST services along with other events later in the year.

Also, something NOT green IS being done to an item of rolling stock but not what initially wanted due to disability regulations....... . Can't say any more but I'm looking forward to seeing it.

From today, I can confirm that 57604 Pendennis Castle will be repainted this year.......in traditional style GWR green as currently carried. 602 should be out this week new style.

Still in the planning stage is an open day in May at Bristol St Phillips Marsh depot in conjunction with 40 years this October of HST services along with other events later in the year.

Also, something NOT green IS being done to an item of rolling stock but not what initially wanted due to disability regulations....... . Can't say any more but I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Oooh. I've got a feeling about the last one! Does it end in 001 by any chance? :)

It will be a shame to see 604 repainted, I know it was for GWR 175 but it did make it stand out within the fleet. I'm guessing 'traditional GWR green; is as per the rest of the fleet?

Oooh. I've got a feeling about the last one! Does it end in 001 by any chance?

"....disability regulations......" Not giving any more clues.

Equality Act or accessibly requirements ... sorry to be pedantic but disability is not regulated.

Told personally, disability hence when mk3 painted in prototype livery when 41 was done, it was locked out when on service train, so we can't do what we wanted to do so doing next best thing..... .

You missed the point - its the terminology used not the fact that accessibility requirements may limit what can be used for the deliniation of doors. In fact the locking out of a coach because it does not have contrasting doors is, in my opinion, a cop out like using H&S as an excude not to do somthing. You still have a coach which the visually limited traveller has problems with locating the door but then lock it out so nobody can use it.

If used on services where there are platform staff to help then the requirements for accessability are, for the time being, more flexible. This is why charter stock can still be repainted in historic liveries.

Archived