WH Malcolm 08 Libbie

arran

Looks good. Will these go on general sale for those too far away to attend?

The plan is to put them on the website if there are any left from the show.

I know this does not help you if they all go.

Regards Arran 

• 5 weeks later...

HI  All

The Pre orders are now closed and everybody should have there email or been informed of there number and how to collect them.

This has proved as popular as the 158 was when we did that in 2007 on the pre order front.

The main difference this time is any ones who has ordered will get them.

See you all there.

Regards Arran

It was possible to pre-order up until 14 February 2016 (and have the model posted for those who could not attend the show), but the actual exhibition in Glasgow is on this coming weekend (Friday to Sunday) and whatever wasn't pre-ordered will be on sale at the show.  Unfortunately it will be Sunday evening (28th February) before someone from AMRSS can confirm whether there are any left when the show closes.  Based on my pre-order number, I'd guess that at least half have already been taken in pre-orders.

Just wondering if anyone could please advise whether these are still available to purchase at the show or not? (Obviously ignoring those who preordered).

Well, I picked up my pre-order at the show today and those visiting were still being reminded throughout the day that the model was available to purchase from the Association stand.  There were still some left at the end of the show today (Saturday) when I left at 18:00, so if anyone who hasn't pre-ordered attends the show tomorrow morning, they should be able to purchase one.  My pre-order e-mail also stated that "All reserved models will be retained until 6pm Saturday 27 February and if no contact is received prior to that date advising when or how the model is to be collected or dispatched, your reservation will have expired".

Whether there are any left after the show closes tomorrow night, only time will tell, but I suspect that there will be some available.

HI All

Some still left but not many as its down to double figures, the website will be updated for postal sales soon.

This is not a bad thing overall as those that attended the show all got what they wanted.

Regards Arran

The remaining stock is now being offered via the R3sprays website - they are not charging any commission and payment card details are processed via The Model Rail Scotland Card terminal. You can order online but card details can only be taken over the phone.

• RMweb Premium

Hi

Picked up mine at Glasgow, just about to put it on the rolling road to run it in.

As I wish to fit DCC am I correct in thinking all Bachmann 08 are 8 pin sockets

There is nothing on the box or instructions about fitting of DCC

Should I be really brave and fit a sound chip,never done a 08

Terry

• RMweb Premium

Hi

Picked up mine at Glasgow, just about to put it on the rolling road to run it in.

Terry

Yes they are 8 pin (or previous 08s were at least), but there's not much space. I've used a 6 pin decoder with a 36-563 connector the link the 6 pin decoder to the 8 pin socket.

Yes they are 8 pin (or previous 08s were at least), but there's not much space. I've used a 6 pin decoder with a 36-563 connector the link the 6 pin decoder to the 8 pin socket.

Hatton’s direct fit 8-pin decoder fits perfectly and my three 08s fitted with them run very sweetly. Unless Bachmann has updated the instructions, they’re pretty useless. When I tried to open the first 08 I was surrounded by screws but it turned out that only one, a very discrete one under the rear NEM pocket, needed to be removed. The body front is held on by a tab. The only thing to watch out for is the electrical conduit on the front left which is attached to both body and chassis and needs to be eased out from the chassis.

I hope my memory has served me correctly with this information!

Hi

Terry

Let us know if you decide to fit sound as hoping to do the same, just like to see how you squeeze everything in.

The remaining stock is now being offered via the R3sprays website - they are not charging any commission and payment card details are processed via The Model Rail Scotland Card terminal. You can order online but card details can only be taken over the phone.

Ordered mine late on Wednesday afternoon after the last post and it arrived first thing this morning. Very impressive service and a great model and yet another gronk for my collection which is approaching the sixty mark.

Archived