New Kernow Ltd Ed: Bachmann Class 37, 37672, RfD, Weathered

BR(S)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just to confirm then ....the model has the cantrail bars but no bars on either end noses ?

Wondering if that would make it suitable for 670 renumber as it appears to

Hi Rob,

Yes correct, it would only be suitable for 670 if the headboard clips were removed and then only in RFD, Transrail or EWS liveries as this loco had bars on opposite grilles and headboard clips only when in Railfreight livery which is how I've modelled it.

post-6773-0-22841700-1485633034.jpg

Cheers,

Edited by Wayne 37901

Thanks Wayne,

Expensive way forward but may be an option?

Of the st blazey 37s there are not many body options from Bachmann that match well in refurbished versions

It depends what livery you wanted to do it but yes. 37672 has the wrong grilles for most of the St Blazey 37s, what we really need is for Bachmann to do another run of locos with the 672 body that they did in Transrail livery. If they did that for the Kernow model then it would be correct and also useful for many other 37s.

It depends how accurate you want to be, with my 37s I try to be as accurate as possible while trying to keep the fleet consistent and this applies to other loco classes.

Sorry I cant help more but I think you'll find it difficult to model 37670 without some work at least. I did quite a bit on mine as it started out as a Kernow model of the same loco in EWS livery.

All the best.

Yeah I agree,

A refurbished one without cantrail supports and no dividers on the nose grilles would be nice.

I'm not too bothered about 100 % accuracy , but having said that I've just scraped off the roof vents to move them on a 37/6 to /5 !

• 1 year later...

Definitely used to refuel at Ayr. They were regularly borrowed for coal trains before working the bullets back down south.

Hello I has been searched for picture of class 37670 - 5 stabled AYR depot because trainload coal of AYR depot borrowed class 37/6 online and can’t find

Thank you

But Not transrail

• 1 month later...

Hello bigdaveadams

I want look pictures or photos of class 37670 - 5 stabled or refuel at Ayr depot in Scotland please

A quick five minuets on Flickr found 37675 at Ayr depot.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/37190-dalzell/13960255916/in/photolist-ngBXHw

Maybe because they were 'foreign' traction, not a lot of attention was given to them by scottish enthusiasts.

Cheers