List of Bachmann factory Produced Class 37s?

richierich

• RMweb Premium

That's what I thought!

Would be good if the list marked out which of the locos were from the first batch as I think the moulds were subject to major revisions before the second batch came out (from memory it included Ben Cruachan)

That's what I thought!

Would be good if the list marked out which of the locos were from the first batch as I think the moulds were subject to major revisions before the second batch came out (from memory it included Ben Cruachan)

From memory the following locos were from the original moulding which were criticised for cant rail shape, 'porch' over cab doors, undersized bonnet hatch doors etc:

37403 BR Green

37419 EWS

37408 Large Logo

37429 Regional Railways

37412 Transrail

37411 Large Logo

37671 Railfreight Distribution

37431 Intercity Mainline (sort of!)

37678 Railfreight Redstripe

Think that is the complete list before the tooling changed to correct these errors.

I've only got four, two blue (which really benefit from removal of the buffers with sharper turned brass jobs correctly repositioned) 672 in BigT and 514 in Metals. I certainly wasn't gonna touch the first tooling with a bargepole and am glad the disdain that greeted it made Bachmann up their game to what is IMHO the definitive 4mm Tractor.

An additional query if I may...

Were they not all six axle drive initially also? Though I'm possibly confusing these with the Deltic underpinnings, if the case, worth pointing out.

C6T.

Edited by Classsix T

Sorry Martin, I've probably worded that poorly. Were the initial releases four axle drive is what was meant.

I've no interest in the Emperor's wardrobe containing DCC so the chip acceptability means nothing.

C6T.

Edited by Classsix T

Sorry Martin, I've probably worded that poorly. Were the initial releases four axle drive is what was meant.

I've no interest in the Emperor's wardrobe containing DCC so the chip acceptability means nothing.

C6T.

All early Bachmann 37's had 4 axle drive and 8pin DCC circuit boards, including these below, they may be others also ? 

37403 BR Green

37419 EWS

37408 Large Logo

37429 Regional Railways

37412 Transrail

37411 Large Logo

37671 Railfreight Distribution

37431 Intercity Mainline (sort of!)

37678 Railfreight Redstripe

+ these had the first ? revised tooling - with no cab porch/better cantrail shape etc

37 038 BR Blue S/B

37 238 BR Blue  

D6707 BR Green S/B

D6826 BR Green

The first 37's to have 6 axle drive still had 8 pin DCC circuit boards: 37 410 / 37 692 etc.....

Edited by tractor_37260

• 5 years later...