Oxford Rail announces - OO gauge Mk3 coaches

MGR Hooper!

Hmmm.... a long wait. Even longer for me who is hoping (and waiting) for Chiltern Mk3's...

But that doesn't matter me too much. As a Southern Railway / British Rail (70ies up) / Deutsche Bundesbahn / Penn Central - Illinois Central - New Haven - Early Amtrak modeller there sure will be some interesting releases the next month's/years.

Cheerio dudes!

Simon

• RMweb Premium

I think we're getting mixed up and bogged down here with abbreviations (BNS to save writing the full name) versus what you might look for if you want a ticket (BHM).  

Something for the silver frame debate in this clip at 5.35

Excellent video clip there, much more than just the window frames to look for!  The 60 running light with tail and marker lights on the front illuminated towards the end, and the livery on the EMU at the very end - one I've not seen before, I thought it was going to be the Regional Railways North West green stripe version at first, but nope, a dark blue stripe almost the same as the upper bodyside - the earlier Network North West scheme.  A quick Google showed a pic of a similar unit in Provincial (light blue stripe) livery as well, I hadn't seen either of those on a 310 before.  Nothing to do with Mk3s but I did learn something!

• RMweb Gold

I think we're getting mixed up and bogged down here with abbreviations (BNS to save writing the full name) versus what you might look for if you want a ticket (BHM).

Excellent video clip there, much more than just the window frames to look for! The 60 running light with tail and marker lights on the front illuminated towards the end, and the livery on the EMU at the very end - one I've not seen before, I thought it was going to be the Regional Railways North West green stripe version at first, but nope, a dark blue stripe almost the same as the upper bodyside - the earlier Network North West scheme. A quick Google showed a pic of a similar unit in Provincial (light blue stripe) livery as well, I hadn't seen either of those on a 310 before. Nothing to do with Mk3s but I did learn something!

Midline Provincial livery..

http://www.miac.org.uk/images/310110.jpg

History of the identity here, could have been worse, was planned to be yellow, that dmu looked even worse in its prototype livery.

http://www.miac.org.uk/midline.html

Was a variation of transpenine livery, which came before regional railways.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/8/7383/11532807565_7d119ee910_b.jpg

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I just wish people who insist on using the 3 letter CRS codes would use the right ones!

+1 from me. Confused the hell out of me when people make them up but use codes that could be plausible. BTM instead of BRI is another pet hate if mine.

Roy

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks - seems this would of been a good opportunity to share images more widely, to pick up any lingering errors as we all know they creep through with all the manufacturers.

I do not think that it is the Oxford Rail way to check things through the RM Web committee- which is why small errors creep in. Be interesting to see the IC Swallow coaches now delivered in the early January container.

I do not think that it is the Oxford Rail way to check things through the RM Web committee- which is why small errors creep in. Be interesting to see the IC Swallow coaches now delivered in the early January container.

If they were to do that we'd see them at Christmas 2020 and small errors could still creep in :)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

They are here...

11th January 2018:

First delivery of the Mk 3a's have arrived into our depot. First available coaches are:

OR763TO002- Mk 3a Coach TSO BR Intercity Swallow 12007

OR763FO002- Mk 3a Coach FO BR Intercity Swallow 11008

Get them whilst there hot.

Edited by adb968008

Looking forward to getting these!

It's so nice to be getting them the same year as a brand new Swallow 87 and a 90!

Although it looks like my 85 will have the honors to do the debut run with them if they are close to being in the shops!  :locomotive:

• RMweb Gold

My order for those two has been processed, but when it looks like the coaches are coming 2 by 2, I'm not paying £64 postage on my pre-orders for all this lot.

Ive canceled and am currently looking elsewhere.

Hattons has seen me cancel & redirect my business elsewhere to the tune of £800 in pre-orders in two days on top of my pre-orders which I have already ordered elsewhere in 2018.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

My order for those two has been processed, but when it looks like the coaches are coming 2 by 2, I'm not paying £64 postage on my pre-orders for all this lot.

Ive canceled and am currently looking elsewhere.

Hattons has seen me cancel & redirect my business elsewhere to the tune of £800 in pre-orders in two days on top of my pre-orders which I have already ordered elsewhere in 2018.

To be fair to Hattons, they do make it clear that they will send pre-orders as they arrive unless they are all due in a short period. Otherwise, people would just bang in an order for loads of pre-orders over a long period and get free postage on all but one.

Roy