Oxford Rail announces - OO gauge Mk3 coaches

MGR Hooper!

I have emailed Oxford Rail last weekend to ask them about the shade of Grey and whether they intend to use the same shade on the ScotRail coaches. I also asked whether the central door locking feature will be included and whether or not the ScotRail ones will have the silver window surrounds. Am hoping the answers are No, No and Yes.

Will update when I get a reply, failing that if they are at Glasgow again this year I can ask them there.

So the update, there is no update, no responsive to my email. Went to the Oxford stand a couple of times yesterday at Glasgow but they were busy in having long conversations with people so I never got the chance to ask if they will be using the same colour of grey on the ScotRail version, am hoping not but suspect they will. The blue version on display did not have the CDL so am assuming the ScotRail versions won't either.

If anyone does manage to speak to Oxford about the shade of grey, would be pleased to hear the response.

Edited by Waverley47708

• RMweb Premium

I think we should keep in mind that these cost 30 quid. For a newly tooled coach with that level of detail they're a steal. If they had an SRP of 70 - 80 quid I'd expect Rapido levels of attention to detail and I'd be a lot more critical but at this price they're excellent. There are bits that could be improved and to be honest I am not a particular fan of Oxford but credit where it's due, these are superb at the price

So the update, there is no update, no responsive to my email. Went to the Oxford stand a couple of times yesterday at Glasgow but they were busy in having long conversations with people so I never got the chance to ask if they will be using the same colour of grey on the ScotRail version, am hoping not but suspect they will. The blue version on display did not have the CDL so am assuming the ScotRail versions won't either.

If anyone does manage to speak to Oxford about the shade of grey, would be pleased to hear the response.

I spoke to them about it and it sounds like they believe the produced models are the correct shades. They had received livery samples of the Scotrail livery but there was a couple of corrections to be made and only blue and grey liveried ones were out on display.

I spoke to them about it and it sounds like they believe the produced models are the correct shades. They had received livery samples of the Scotrail livery but there was a couple of corrections to be made and only blue and grey liveried ones were out on display.

Yep that's more or less what he told me also, that they used the correct BR Spec colours for the Swallow coaches, but also added that some of the West coast stock used a lighter shade of Grey ?  that's news to me - perhaps someone more knowledgeable could comment on that ?   As for the ScotRail versions - they would also use the " BR Spec colours"  so we will have to wait and see what they look like once available.

Yes it a good great product for around £30, but it could have been better with even "nearer" the corrrect colours -  Bachmann/Lima/Heljan didn't all get it wrong ? did they -  yes there are slight differences in all their versions, but the Exec Light Grey is a lot closer to the real thing on all of them.

The Blue/Grey coaches displayed look very good - no CDL fittings.

Edited by tractor_37260

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All,

I was at the show yesterday and had a really good chat for several minutes with the guy on the Oxford Rail stand. He confirmed that they would have liked to have had "a Transit full" of the ScotRail coaches available to distribute to the traders at the exhibition but that issues had been identified that meant it would probably be quarter 3 before we see them. When asked about the colour/shade issues, he confirmed that Oxford are aware of the issue but couldn't say whether anything would be done. However he did confess to having purchased one of the limited edition 47/s to allow colour/shade comparisons and said that whilst differing shades on the Exec Liveried examples could be explained by number of visits to the washer, coaches being painted at different times at different works, etc such explanations couldn't really be used for the ScotRail ones given where and when they were painted. He also agreed that given the ScotRail Coaches will always be used with ScotRail Liveried 47/7s and DBSOs any difference in colour/shades would be more of an issue.

So whilst nothing was promised, I personally felt a little more upbeat about the possibility of getting coaches that match the Locos/DBSO. Time will tell I guess.

One down side of visiting the stand was the Blue/Grey Coaches. I have read the many posts about the issues and certainly can see them on the model. But oh they look good. So much so that a rake has just been added to the shopping list. 

• Like 1

Afternoon All,

I was at the show yesterday and had a really good chat for several minutes with the guy on the Oxford Rail stand. He confirmed that they would have liked to have had "a Transit full" of the ScotRail coaches available to distribute to the traders at the exhibition but that issues had been identified that meant it would probably be quarter 3 before we see them. When asked about the colour/shade issues, he confirmed that Oxford are aware of the issue but couldn't say whether anything would be done. However he did confess to having purchased one of the limited edition 47/s to allow colour/shade comparisons and said that whilst differing shades on the Exec Liveried examples could be explained by number of visits to the washer, coaches being painted at different times at different works, etc such explanations couldn't really be used for the ScotRail ones given where and when they were painted. He also agreed that given the ScotRail Coaches will always be used with ScotRail Liveried 47/7s and DBSOs any difference in colour/shades would be more of an issue.

So whilst nothing was promised, I personally felt a little more upbeat about the possibility of getting coaches that match the Locos/DBSO. Time will tell I guess.

One down side of visiting the stand was the Blue/Grey Coaches. I have read the many posts about the issues and certainly can see them on the model. But oh they look good. So much so that a rake has just been added to the shopping list. 

Interesting - that he purchased a L/E 47 708 - perhaps there is hope after all that the ScotRail coaches will come with colours that match it, or at least very similar.............

Edited by tractor_37260
  • Like 1

Interesting - that he purchased a L/E 47 708 - perhaps there is hope after all that the ScotRail coaches will come with colours that match it, or at least very similar.............

Hopefully if enough of us raise it by email or directly at exhibitions they will look again at the greys. If they get it right I'll take two rakes if they don't I'm sticking with my flushglazed Lima rakes.

There's been several references to them claiming they used the "BR Spec." colour - inc. a reference to the Corporate Identity Manual in the Rail Express article and yet I can only find references to the BR specification numbers for the colours in either the livery diagrams or the Corporate Identity manual.  BR provided their paint suppliers with painted colour panels which they were expected to match for colour.  It's these panels I believe both Railmatch and Precison matched their colours to (Hence the spec, No. used in their paint codes) when it was a current livery and if you compare Bachmann's rendition of the grey's you'll get a fair idea they did exactly the same.

​Hadn't heard that one before about the West Coast having different colours - they were never specified as having different colours and there is no evidence of it.  I'm afraid that's just tosh. One thing about INTERCITY, they placed a far greater emphasis on following the standards laid down in the Corporate Identity manual across the board than had been allowed to happen previously.  If they think they are right enough, why bother buying up a Bachmann 47/7!

​Yes, clearly ambient light, film emulsion, length of time since last repaint, exterior dirt etc. all made a difference but never to the point where light grey was nearly white and the dark grey black.  There is another explanation of course - as I'm sure happened to Hornby - whatever you ask the factory isn't always what you get back.

post-6691-0-61974000-1519499209_thumb.jpg

​Take your Pick (West Coast) Mk1, East Coast Mk3 TF, East Coast Power Car. (bear in mind the power car's last repaint was out of synch with the rest of the set)...

​Special Trains, Mk1 Charter set....

post-6691-0-07112900-1519499831_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bob Reid
  • Like 5

However he did confess to having purchased one of the limited edition 47/s to allow colour/shade comparisons 

This was the trick that we used to get the matching colours on our Dapol 'N' gauge ScotRail Mark 3s to those used by Bachmann on their 47/7s, and it worked superbly well. Somewhere within Dapol Towers is the Bachmann 47/7 that we used.

The picture below shows the first time that Dapol Mark 3s and Graham Farish 47/7 came together at one of the Bachmann trade open days.

post-7003-0-50180800-1519505059_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

The  quandary is however, do they fix the next lot of MK3s... so they don't match the 1st two, or continue down the path.

I say continue as is for Intercity, its not that bad, especially in winter daylight.

Scotrail MK3s matching Bachmanns 47/7 and DBSO though is a bonus.

• RMweb Premium

The quandary is however, do they fix the next lot of MK3s... so they don't match the 1st two, or continue down the path.

I say continue as is for Intercity, its not that bad, especially in winter daylight.

Scotrail MK3s matching Bachmanns 47/7 and DBSO though is a bonus.

Given that the scotrail and intercity liveries are the same (for the band in question) then surely it would be sensible to adapt both?

• RMweb Premium

Just wondering if anyone in the know can better clarify this statement on the Oxford Rail website:

The coaches will be produced over time as part of a correctly numbered series of coaches. Each coach being based at the same depot and being found in a typical service during the period the livery covers. So you can add future releases to form a full train service.

I'm looking at the ScotRail livery, where there is a CO, FO and TSO announced. Does the above mean that there will be future announcements/releases of further numbered variants?

Don't want to buy just 3, then find no future numbers are released and the originals sold out.

For the Virgin west coast there are also just 3 variants announced so far. The Inter City Swallow lists 7 variants, comprising 2 FO, 2 RFM & 3 TSO, so enought to make a 6 coach train given you wouldn't want 2 RFM's.

To answer my own question. Spoke to the Oxford chap at Model Rail Scotland. Only these 3 ScotRail variants are planned.

I almost wonder whether there's something odd with the finish on the dark grey paint. With plenty of light or looking straight on it, the shade doesn't look too bad, but otherwise it looks very close to black. It probably helps if most Oxford Rail Scotrail Mk3 will run with Bachmann 47/7s and DBSOs because it would give an obvious reference point of what most purchasers are looking for. I know they put out a survey a while back about whether to match other manufacturers colours or 'correct' colours, but I'm not convinced their interpretation of 'correct' colours is right ... or perhaps not right when it comes to being scaled down or paint finish.

I do hope they get the silver round the window frames too

To answer my own question. Spoke to the Oxford chap at Model Rail Scotland. Only these 3 ScotRail variants are planned.

Interesting, but only really relevant IF they come in the correct colours, if not they will require repainting, then any livery (non CDL fitted) MK3A coach could be used as a base model, numbered to suit. Shame really, as the N gauge post/photo above shows what could have been achieved !  

Edited by tractor_37260

• RMweb Gold

Given that the scotrail and intercity liveries are the same (for the band in question) then surely it would be sensible to adapt both?

I understand the overall aim is to produce an accurate rake.

If the 1st two are wrong... then the rake is wrong.

They could continue as is, the grey isn’t that far off, and produce a rake that matches.

Or change the grey, then the first two are odd ones out.

Agree though if it’s not too late for the Scotrail rake.

Ok guys, here's my update from the MK3a that Iv'e been doing this last week and from ModelRail Scotland.

I'm going to put up a few fots of the 3a I've done this week - be gentle as it has been done in a bit of a rush and considerably more care will be taken with the intended rakes for the layout, As is, this vehicle will just about pass muster once it's finished, as there is a lot of detail still to be added and also once it's weathered.

I've been putting on here mini updates with things that i personally have found with the OR 3a, so I'm not going to go over those again, as they are on here but several posts up.

I took the coach with me to Glasgow in order for various bods to have a look at and take on board their comments. Most importantly, I had a good long chat with the chap on the OR stand, who graciously gave me a fair bit of his time and was very pleasant to chat with - I do apologise, but I never got his name. Anyway, I unwrapped my ScotRail liveried 3a and we had a good chat initially about the dreaded livery issue.

I have used Precision paints to respray this coach and the colours are about as perfect a match to the real thing as you can get.

What it does show is how completely wrong the OR model is.........

Now before anyone mentions lighting conditions, cameras, wash plants, UV wear or anything else, I think it's fair to say that if OR had got the livery somewhere near, then any of those issues could be argued. However, taken indoors, outdoors or whatever, the difference in the actual visible spectrum of the colours between OR's choice of livery and the precision colours are complete polar opposites - in fact they're not even in the same hemisphere I'm afraid...........

I pointed this out to the OR rep and he eventually took my coach over to the Bachmann stand and compared it to their Exec/Swallow liveried MK2f's and the DBSO they had on show - result? Hardly any difference in the two whatsoever. Again, before anyone says that the 2f's and DBSO are pre-production paint jobs - which granted they are, in the interests of fairness, I also took my coach over to the Model Railway association of Scotlands stand and asked to put their brand new 47/7, which sold in bucketloads btw, next to my 3a.

Result? Everyone agreed that there was no distinguishable colour difference between Bachmann's choice of Executive Dark Grey/ Executive Light Grey and the Precision grey's on my 3a................

This then leaves me in no doubt whatsoever that OR's livery is so wrong, that it leaves me astonished as to how they managed to pluck defeat out of the jaws of victory with it. The most positive side of all this was that the OR rep made several notes on the subject and promised to forward these findings directly to the project co-ordinators at OR.......and apparently it wasn't just me that raised this issue, but a lot of modellers had been stopping off to discuss this important issue.

What we have here, is a potentially damaging ( to OR sales ) situation whereby you can buy a Bachmann 47/7 in the correct livery, a Bachmann DBSO in the correct livery and slap 4 or 5 OR 3a's in between which will then stand out like the proverbial thumb. I was asked what my opinion on this was and replied that OR should match Bachmann's livery with their own as soon as possible -  more notes made in his notebook, which can only be good.

Now we move on to the myraid of other issues, which may or may not be of interest depending on the fidelity of the model you're happy to settle with.

For me, there was a huge issue of the module carrier underneath the bodywork, and the bogies - all of which, as they come on the OR3a, make it look top heavy. I made numerous comparisons ( again described in previous posts ) with photos, the Joueff3a and Lima/Hornby 3's. What I found, was that the module tray itself, although dimensionally correct at the top and the whole length, was almost a scale foot to wide at the bottom - in other words, it didn't angle down sharply enough downwards and inwards.

Solution to this was quite drastic and not for the faint hearted, but I decided that if it worked, it would provide a quick and simple solution. In essence, I cut a slice down the entire length of the module tray and up each end,  to the tune of 3mm. The resulting gap was then pinched together and Cyanoacrylated together ( I was concerned it would bow the chassis sides, but it didn't ). I then mixed some car body filler and smoothed the bottom of the now pitched module floor, level with the sides so I had a completely flat module bearer once more. Job done.

For the bogies, I have used Stenson models etched brass subframes, which are rediculously easy to construct, by folding up and soldering. The OR bogies sides were cut off the centre stretcher and glued to the side of the Stenson subframes - again job done. Ultrascale EM wheelsets were also fitted.

It's interesting to note that for ALL bogies, the maximum width should be 32mm in 4mm scale - it is a standard dimension based upon the loading gauge and works out at 8 feet in real terms. After completing the brass subframes and adding the OR sides, the bogie width comes out at nearly 30mm - not far off, but as standard the OR bogie is 26.3mm..........quite a way out. Now I know that OR have to accomodate these models traversing very sharp radius train set curves, which is fair enough, but they are far to narrow to accomodate EM wheelsets, never mind P4. What would have been a good compromise, would have been a wider bogie and fit a longer axle for OO modellers. Maybe something for OR to have a think about.

Lastly, to the window frames and glazing. The frames themselves are ok....ish and the glazing is not too bad either, but as I wanted to go that little bit further, I fitted the Extreme etchings frames and more interestingly is the fact that EE's laserglazing fits perfectly into the OR rebate. Result! No having to file openings which takes a LOT of time. The plus side with the EE frames are that Brian Hanson has faithfully reproduced the real thing in miniature, which means of course that the frequently mentioned 'Silver' on the ScotRail livery around the frames can be achieved. Visually, there are two parts to the MK3 window frames and it is the INNER part only that is left in alluminium, the outer section is Executive Dark Grey - the same as the body.

Sadly, the OR frames are a one piece moulding only - same as Lima/Hornby, which means that if OR decide to paint a Silver colour to the frames, it would make them look far too thick............If anyone from OR is reading this, PLEASE look at a way of reproducing the silver effect by lining only half of your moulded frames - it would make them look so much better.

All in all, I found this was an extremely easy and simple fix to the issues raised on here about the OR 3a. Like I said before, these are entirely my own findings and if you're happy with them out of the box, noone should tell you how to run your railway!

Oh almost forgot, for those interested, I found that the light grey band above the windows on the TSO and the yellow First class band on the FO were too small on the OR model. As it comes from OR, the band is 2.5 mm overall including the orange cantrail lining - whereas the band itself should be 2.5mm, THEN the 0.5 orange cantrail lining on top - making 3mm. Doesn't sound a lot, but it does actually make a big difference visually.

cheers

Andy

PS I wholeheartedly apologise for the quality of the fots - taken on my mobile phone camera!

post-10371-0-61949300-1519667330_thumb.jpg

post-10371-0-97426300-1519668384_thumb.jpg

post-10371-0-53785100-1519668399_thumb.jpg

post-10371-0-58051500-1519668411_thumb.jpg

Edited by BigAndy
  • Like 17

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

Bob Reid has messaged me about starting another thread, which he will post, devoted solely to the alterations done on the OR MK3. I've got an FO currently taken apart and awaiting to be dunked into the DOT4, so I'll make sure I take some how 2 photo's as per Craig's suggestion and then it's there for anyone who wants to have a go.

Of course, these are just my own musings and findings, if we have a devoted thread to it then if anyone comes up with an easier or better way of doing things, then it can all be put on there. Over to you Bob!

cheers

Andy

having looked at your coach Andy, it is easy to see where the problem areas are, but it looks to help the overall appearance of the mark 3 by OR. Its a shame that the Steps are a right pain, constantly falling off my example. First time look at the interior of mine, the seating inside looks good, but basic but I guess it gets the job done, Shall give the Shawplan mk 3 etches a go, a shame that even with this improved coach, were still doing mods that we were doing to the Lima/ Joueff coaches

NL

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

Bob Reid has messaged me about starting another thread, which he will post, devoted solely to the alterations done on the OR MK3. I've got an FO currently taken apart and awaiting to be dunked into the DOT4, so I'll make sure I take some how 2 photo's as per Craig's suggestion and then it's there for anyone who wants to have a go.

Of course, these are just my own musings and findings, if we have a devoted thread to it then if anyone comes up with an easier or better way of doing things, then it can all be put on there. Over to you Bob!

cheers

Andy

That's going to be a hard act to follow Andy!  Having bought two on impulse (better known as a lack of patience) one will be the shortest route to fixing the light grey band only and the second hopefully something more akin to what you've done... both I should add in ScotRail livery.  I did think that a separate thread for my own changes to these vehicles was better than cluttering up this topic which in due course I'm sure will encompass the blue & grey livery stock and eventually the ScotRail ones.  All going well I'll have something up this week.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That's going to be a hard act to follow Andy!  Having bought two on impulse (better known as a lack of patience) one will be the shortest route to fixing the light grey band only and the second hopefully something more akin to what you've done... both I should add in ScotRail livery.  I did think that a separate thread for my own changes to these vehicles was better than cluttering up this topic which in due course I'm sure will encompass the blue & grey livery stock and eventually the ScotRail ones.  All going well I'll have something up this week.

I think i will stick with my small amount of Jouef as I never converted them to HST and they will do for my 87

• RMweb Gold

Ok guys, here's my update from the MK3a that Iv'e been doing this last week and from ModelRail Scotland.

I'm going to put up a few fots of the 3a I've done this week - be gentle as it has been done in a bit of a rush and considerably more care will be taken with the intended rakes for the layout, As is, this vehicle will just about pass muster once it's finished, as there is a lot of detail still to be added and also once it's weathered.

I've been putting on here mini updates with things that i personally have found with the OR 3a, so I'm not going to go over those again, as they are on here but several posts up.

I took the coach with me to Glasgow in order for various bods to have a look at and take on board their comments. Most importantly, I had a good long chat with the chap on the OR stand, who graciously gave me a fair bit of his time and was very pleasant to chat with - I do apologise, but I never got his name. Anyway, I unwrapped my ScotRail liveried 3a and we had a good chat initially about the dreaded livery issue.

I have used Precision paints to respray this coach and the colours are about as perfect a match to the real thing as you can get.

What it does show is how completely wrong the OR model is.........

Now before anyone mentions lighting conditions, cameras, wash plants, UV wear or anything else, I think it's fair to say that if OR had got the livery somewhere near, then any of those issues could be argued. However, taken indoors, outdoors or whatever, the difference in the actual visible spectrum of the colours between OR's choice of livery and the precision colours are complete polar opposites - in fact they're not even in the same hemisphere I'm afraid...........

I pointed this out to the OR rep and he eventually took my coach over to the Bachmann stand and compared it to their Exec/Swallow liveried MK2f's and the DBSO they had on show - result? Hardly any difference in the two whatsoever. Again, before anyone says that the 2f's and DBSO are pre-production paint jobs - which granted they are, in the interests of fairness, I also took my coach over to the Model Railway association of Scotlands stand and asked to put their brand new 47/7, which sold in bucketloads btw, next to my 3a.

Result? Everyone agreed that there was no distinguishable colour difference between Bachmann's choice of Executive Dark Grey/ Executive Light Grey and the Precision grey's on my 3a................

This then leaves me in no doubt whatsoever that OR's livery is so wrong, that it leaves me astonished as to how they managed to pluck defeat out of the jaws of victory with it. The most positive side of all this was that the OR rep made several notes on the subject and promised to forward these findings directly to the project co-ordinators at OR.......and apparently it wasn't just me that raised this issue, but a lot of modellers had been stopping off to discuss this important issue.

What we have here, is a potentially damaging ( to OR sales ) situation whereby you can buy a Bachmann 47/7 in the correct livery, a Bachmann DBSO in the correct livery and slap 4 or 5 OR 3a's in between which will then stand out like the proverbial thumb. I was asked what my opinion on this was and replied that OR should match Bachmann's livery with their own as soon as possible -  more notes made in his notebook, which can only be good.

Now we move on to the myraid of other issues, which may or may not be of interest depending on the fidelity of the model you're happy to settle with.

For me, there was a huge issue of the module carrier underneath the bodywork, and the bogies - all of which, as they come on the OR3a, make it look top heavy. I made numerous comparisons ( again described in previous posts ) with photos, the Joueff3a and Lima/Hornby 3's. What I found, was that the module tray itself, although dimensionally correct at the top and the whole length, was almost a scale foot to wide at the bottom - in other words, it didn't angle down sharply enough downwards and inwards.

Solution to this was quite drastic and not for the faint hearted, but I decided that if it worked, it would provide a quick and simple solution. In essence, I cut a slice down the entire length of the module tray and up each end,  to the tune of 3mm. The resulting gap was then pinched together and Cyanoacrylated together ( I was concerned it would bow the chassis sides, but it didn't ). I then mixed some car body filler and smoothed the bottom of the now pitched module floor, level with the sides so I had a completely flat module bearer once more. Job done.

For the bogies, I have used Stenson models etched brass subframes, which are rediculously easy to construct, by folding up and soldering. The OR bogies sides were cut off the centre stretcher and glued to the side of the Stenson subframes - again job done. Ultrascale EM wheelsets were also fitted.

It's interesting to note that for ALL bogies, the maximum width should be 32mm in 4mm scale - it is a standard dimension based upon the loading gauge and works out at 8 feet in real terms. After completing the brass subframes and adding the OR sides, the bogie width comes out at nearly 30mm - not far off, but as standard the OR bogie is 26.3mm..........quite a way out. Now I know that OR have to accomodate these models traversing very sharp radius train set curves, which is fair enough, but they are far to narrow to accomodate EM wheelsets, never mind P4. What would have been a good compromise, would have been a wider bogie and fit a longer axle for OO modellers. Maybe something for OR to have a think about.

Lastly, to the window frames and glazing. The frames themselves are ok....ish and the glazing is not too bad either, but as I wanted to go that little bit further, I fitted the Extreme etchings frames and more interestingly is the fact that EE's laserglazing fits perfectly into the OR rebate. Result! No having to file openings which takes a LOT of time. The plus side with the EE frames are that Brian Hanson has faithfully reproduced the real thing in miniature, which means of course that the frequently mentioned 'Silver' on the ScotRail livery around the frames can be achieved. Visually, there are two parts to the MK3 window frames and it is the INNER part only that is left in alluminium, the outer section is Executive Dark Grey - the same as the body.

Sadly, the OR frames are a one piece moulding only - same as Lima/Hornby, which means that if OR decide to paint a Silver colour to the frames, it would make them look far too thick............If anyone from OR is reading this, PLEASE look at a way of reproducing the silver effect by lining only half of your moulded frames - it would make them look so much better.

All in all, I found this was an extremely easy and simple fix to the issues raised on here about the OR 3a. Like I said before, these are entirely my own findings and if you're happy with them out of the box, noone should tell you how to run your railway!

Oh almost forgot, for those interested, I found that the light grey band above the windows on the TSO and the yellow First class band on the FO were too small on the OR model. As it comes from OR, the band is 2.5 mm overall including the orange cantrail lining - whereas the band itself should be 2.5mm, THEN the 0.5 orange cantrail lining on top - making 3mm. Doesn't sound a lot, but it does actually make a big difference visually.

cheers

Andy

PS I wholeheartedly apologise for the quality of the fots - taken on my mobile phone camera!

What a difference that makes Andy! That looks spot on.

I got pretty slated at Warley for saying that the OR MK3s were were the wrong shape and colour (don't get me wrong - for the money, they're exceptional value and miles above anything else we've ever had, including the Jouef version).

The only other thing I'd change is the hatch lifting hoops as they protrude too much from the roof.

I often wonder how manufacturers manage to interpret the original drawings in such a way that they make glaring mistakes before going in to production? 

Cheers

Mike

Edited by scoobyra