Oxford Rail announces - OO gauge Mk3 coaches

MGR Hooper!

• 1 month later...

Slightly sad news today Oxford Rail are now saying that the coaches have been delayed until the end of March. This has partly arisen because of the Chinese New year which means that the factories are closed for a month.

Best,

Chris

Slightly sad news today Oxford Rail are now saying that the coaches have been delayed until the end of March. This has partly arisen because of the Chinese New year which means that the factories are closed for a month.

Best,

Chris

Partly arisen because of Chinese New Year ?? 

Must have been a real shock to find an annually occurring holiday occurring annually; again.

And at the same time it did last year.

• RMweb Gold

Partly arisen because of Chinese New Year ??

Must have been a real shock to find an annually occurring holiday occurring annually; again.

And at the same time it did last year.

But that is the thing about Chinese New Year, it isn’t.

Roy

• RMweb Premium

And if it’s realyl for Chinese New Year they’ll never be here at the end of March, a couple of months after that I’ll wager.

I thought they looked good, but still think the lower body side of the Swallow one is too ‘cold’, too much white, not enough brown.

Hoping this will include the Virgin ones.

Hi Jonathan,

I spoke with OR at Warley - unfortunately the Virgin ones are some way behind. They don't have the license sorted yet. I'm after those ones as well!

Regarding the lights; they more or less confirmed that there won't be any on the first releases, but might be a future option. I've cancelled my pre-order for now hoping they'll re-instate the lights for the Virgin release, although I imagine most people won't be too worried about the lights.

Dave.

Regarding the lights; they more or less confirmed that there won't be any on the first releases, but might be a future option. I've cancelled my pre-order for now hoping they'll re-instate the lights for the Virgin release, although I imagine most people won't be too worried about the lights.

Dave.

Useful to know, Dave, thanks. I won't be buying any either in that case. It needed something special for me to have spent that much on new coaches given that I'm pretty happy with my resprayed Hornby ones on the whole. The lighting was going to be precisely that difference.

That'll save me a fortune anyway, as I was looking to buy at least four rakes. The money will now be spent on Bachmann Mk 2f's and other things instead no doubt. I might invest in some more Lazerglaze glazing for my Mk 3s that don't already have it. 

What with Hornby's mediocre Mk 2e and Oxford's decision not to fit lighting to their Mk 3s, the manufacturers are making it easy for me not to spend money at the moment. I can see some major Bachmann purchases coming up though, so it's probably just as well.

• Like 2

Useful to know, Dave, thanks. I won't be buying any either in that case. It needed something special for me to have spent that much on new coaches given that I'm pretty happy with my resprayed Hornby ones on the whole. The lighting was going to be precisely that difference.

That'll save me a fortune anyway, as I was looking to buy at least four rakes. The money will now be spent on Bachmann Mk 2f's and other things instead no doubt. I might invest in some more Lazerglaze glazing for my Mk 3s that don't already have it. 

What with Hornby's mediocre Mk 2e and Oxford's decision not to fit lighting to their Mk 3s, the manufacturers are making it easy for me not to spend money at the moment. I can see some major Bachmann purchases coming up though, so it's probably just as well.

With the RRP possibly going up to around £50 each, no interior lighting, and a possible dubious livery application............... I'll be having a re-think also............

• RMweb Premium

With the RRP possibly going up to around £50 each, no interior lighting, and a possible dubious livery application............... I'll be having a re-think also............

Where does it say going up to £50 . Last I saw they were £34.95. I gave up waiting and got a 5 car rake now of Lima Scotrail mk3s . But might still be interested in blue grey ones depending on what's available

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone know when the Intercity Swallow Mk3s (that are pulled by HSTs) will be released by OxfordRail, as my current understanding is that the MK3s that are in production now are the Diesel hauled ones?

Thanks

We don’t even know for certain when the loco hauled coaches are here yet do we? I think any dates for HST stock may be a work of fiction at the moment.

Roy

Does anyone know when the Intercity Swallow Mk3s (that are pulled by HSTs) will be released by OxfordRail, as my current understanding is that the MK3s that are in production now are the Diesel Electric hauled ones?

Thanks

Whilst electrics were more common didn't Class 45, 47 and even doubled-headed 31s not occassionaly haul these?

The 47/7 push-pull trains between Glasgow and Edinburgh. I can't remember any other booked diesel workings. Diversions from the WCML during engineering work could result in all kinds of air brake fitted loco's on the front. The Settle-Carlisle line was popular for these sightings, Class 40's etc on mk3's without the electric loco along for the ride. Then there's the drags in the Midlands where the electric loco would be sat behind anything from a pair of 20's to a 58 and I suppose newer stuff. There's a nice picture on flikr of a Deltic on mk3's but it looks like an ecs working.

https://flic.kr/p/6TgtMq

• RMweb Premium

Correct ! Rose Grove-Paignton service on summer saturdays  is one working that springs to mind .DVT included on some workings.Diesels went on at BNS.I have pictures of 45s 31s on said workings.

I never knew that Rose Grove was wired............

Only  :jester:

Crewe Diesel 47/4s were common traction on the first leg to Preston.

I have a lot of photos of WCML diversions via the S&C, mostly with CD 47/4s at the front and very rare non-ETH stuff. One duty turned up a 31/4 via the S&C.

Unscheduled drags via the S&C could result in AC electrics at the front on southbound and at the back northbound. Both of which involved extra shunting at Preston or Carlisle respectively.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

I just wish people who insist on using the 3 letter CRS codes would use the right ones!

Assuming you mean D1051 I took that to be initialism, rather than an attempt at the CRS code. BHM may be correct, but I doubt anyone thought he meant Barnes.