The Oak Hill Branch - LBSCR / SECR 1905ish - New layout starts on page 129

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend again, and we will be having a very different livestream this weekend, we will be playing a train simulator called Railroads Online, which is based around 19th century US 3ft industrial railways, and allows anyone with a copy of the game to join in (providing they have the password for the world) so we are hoping for lots of people to come and play!

I will be back with the link tomorrow, until then I have the review from the livestream 2 weeks ago for you to enjoy! I'll try to be back later with my written review of 2021 in modelling! So I'll see you then!

Gary

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It's livestream day!! Join us tonight for a very different type of livestream as me and some of my viewers play some Railroads Online together!! and if anyone here has a copy of the game and wants to join in, let me know!

Gary

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend!! and we are returning to our regular scheduled programming with the beginning of a new project in the form of a DJH LB&SCR C2!! So join us tomorrow night at 9pm (GMT) as we begin work on this project!!

Be back tomorrow with the link!

Gary

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Well not much has happened with my actual layout, mainly because I am still waiting for some bullhead points from Peco, but in the meantime I have still been spending the budget!

Way back in October at the Uckfield show I spoke to @Tricky of Monks Gate Models about having a large scale running-in-board made, we eventually settled on 1/3rd scale, and I went off on a research trip to Sheffield Park to measure up the boar there, In late November I sent details of this off to Richard, and today this rather wonderful thing has turned up!

742498018_2022-01-1117_09_03.jpg.73dadf7468a2629aa07c463edde09be8.jpg

and I am very happy with it! and must say that it was a very reasonable price, and I would most definitely recommend Richards service, and will be using it again!

Not sure what the denizens of Oak Hill have to say about it yet, not even sure they can crank their necks high enough to see it all! but I think it's safe to say they won't be left wondering what station they are at ever again!

Gary

Some shots taken in better light, and most likely with a better camera can be seen on Richard's Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/monksgatemodels/posts/665812278196904

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend!! and I am getting ready to continue work on the DJH LB&SCR C2, this week it will be chassis time! SO join us at 9pm (GMT) to see how it goes!

I'll be back with the link tomorrow, in the meantime I'll leave you with the review of last weeks stream, and my initial thoughts on the pros and cons of this kit!

Hope you enjoy,

Gary

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend! (and this post is a day late, because life has been busy!) but this week we will start work on the tender for the DJH LB&SCR C2!

I will be back in a few hours with the livestream link, in the meantime I will leave you with the very late review of last weekends livestream!!

Hop you enjoy!

Gary

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

No livestream this week, have been unwell since Friday, and having spoken to a doctor today am off to the hospital! I'll post an update once I know I'm OK.

I did however put some primer on the C2 ready for painting

108957646_2022-02-0518_11_22.jpg.d7fe166ffb26e16b719cb7681f5b3b57.jpg

Gary

• Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend again! and I'm still not up to modelling, but I don't want to miss another night of livestreaming fun, so I'm going to do another gaming stream (I can hide the pain better that way!) So join us tomorrow night for another visit to Pine Valley with more Railroads Online! with friends!

I'll pop back tomorrow with the link!

Gary

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

It's livestream day! and it's almost time for another gaming livestream, because I am still not up to doing modelling, and it's much easier to hide the pain without having a camera on!

So join us tonight at 9pm (GMT) as we play some Railroads Online, including a new route that I haven't even seen before!

See you there!

Gary

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

It' the weekend! and we are back with the DJH LB&SCR C2 this weekend, it is time to add some power and get the loco moving!!

I'll be back with the link tomorrow, one day I'll get time to sort the review videos! Until then,

Gary

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

After a week off (This are getting way too common) We are back with another livestream tomorrow at 9pm (GMT). After our last livestream not going to plan we will be fixing the electrics on the DJH LB&SCR C2 this weekend! So don't miss it!

I'll be back with the link tomorrow!

Thanks for looking,

Gary

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1