The Oak Hill Branch - LBSCR / SECR 1905ish - New layout starts on page 129

• RMweb Gold

Thanks James,

The other works to the house are booked in to happen 4 weeks from now, then I have a few jobs to do in the living room, but hopefully it won't be long until we start to see Oak Hill Mk2 start to appear.

Gary

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend!! Join us tomorrow night as we continue with the Roxey Mouldings vacuum formed LSWR Brake Carriage!! We had great fun last week, and I expect we will made huge progress off of this this weekend!!

I'll be back tomorrow with the link, in the meantime catch up with how far we got last week with the review of last weekends livestream!!

Hope you enjoy,

Gary

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It's livestream day!! Join us tonight at 9pm (BST) as we continue with the Roxey Mouldings LSWR Brake Carriage project!! Should be a good one with lots of progress!!

See you there!!

Gary

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello everybody!!! No livestream this weekend, had my second Covid jab this morning, and am already feeling rather run down from it, so I am going to take the weekend to rest.

There is already a video uploaded ready to go live on Tuesday, so there will be some content this week.

Thanks for reading,

Gary

• Friendly/supportive 9

3 hours ago, BlueLightning said:

Hello everybody!!! No livestream this weekend, had my second Covid jab this morning, and am already feeling rather run down from it, so I am going to take the weekend to rest.

There is already a video uploaded ready to go live on Tuesday, so there will be some content this week.

Thanks for reading,

Gary

Sorry to hear that mate. Still, try and keep yourself busy. The worst thing you can do when you're ill is compound it with boredom.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks guys,

Thankfully I'm a lot less ill than after jab 1, I expect it will pass quite quickly, but last time the day after was much worse than the day I had it, so we shall see in the morning.

1 hour ago, RedGemAlchemist said:

Sorry to hear that mate. Still, try and keep yourself busy. The worst thing you can do when you're ill is compound it with boredom.

Does sleeping count as keeping busy? :tongue2:

Gary

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, BlueLightning said:

Very wise. I had by second jab on Friday and have been feeling run-down today, though not as groggy as after the first.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, BlueLightning said:

Does sleeping count as keeping busy? :tongue2:

Well I sometimes travel to all kinds of marvellous places when I'm asleep and I arrive back here feeling quite exhausted afterwards.

Take good care of yourself Gary.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

8 hours ago, Annie said:

Well I sometimes travel to all kinds of marvellous places when I'm asleep and I arrive back here feeling quite exhausted afterwards.

I have those dreams, too.  My wife is always amused when I say "that was an exhausting dream".  I do wonder where all those fictional scenes come from :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Annie said:

Take good care of yourself Gary.

Well I can't say I visited any marvellous places last night, in fact I was up every couple of hours, with cold sweats, shivers, and that slightly unnerved feeling that usually follows a nightmare, not that I had any memory of them. Apparently these things have been reported as a side effect of the vaccine, although they are not in the leaflet they gave me at the surgery.

I don't feel to bad today however, just very run down, hopefully an early night, and a good sleep will solve that!

Gary

• Friendly/supportive 4

On 23/05/2021 at 17:13, BlueLightning said:

... Apparently these things have been reported as a side effect of the vaccine, although they are not in the leaflet they gave me at the surgery.

I don't feel to bad today however, just very run down, hopefully an early night, and a good sleep will solve that!

Gary

I had the same effects after my 1st jab of Astra Zeneca but no side effects after the second, although the doctor warned they might be worse!

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, MikeOxon said:

I had the same effects after my 1st jab of Astra Zeneca but no side effects after the second, although the doctor warned they might be worse!

I had the AstraZeneca as well, the first one left me feeling like I had the flu for a couple of days after, but no sleep issues like this one, but I would definitely say the second jab has been much better side effect wise, and I'm feeling much better now and ready to play with some trains on camera again on Sunday!

Gary

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 6

On 14/04/2021 at 20:52, BlueLightning said:

I moved from the seaside tourist town, to the 5x smaller semi-rural farm town 7 miles up the road, plus I get a nice commute through the country now, who wouldn't make that move?

Gary

Does that town begin with an H by any chance. Next time I'm in Eastbourne I'll have to pop in, you won't be able to miss me!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Sophia NSE said:

Does that town begin with an H by any chance. Next time I'm in Eastbourne I'll have to pop in, you won't be able to miss me!

It would indeed be a town beginning with an H, and I can thoroughly recommend popping in next time you are in Eastbourne!

Gary

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It's a very late reminder that it's the weekend!! and this weekend we are going to finally finish the SE&CR invalid Saloon!! Join us tomorrow at 9pm (BST) to see if I can actually do it!!

I'll be back with the link tomorrow, and since we didn't have a livestream last weekend, I will instead leave you with with the first video in my new servicing guides series!! looking at an X.04 powered 0-6-0!

Hope you enjoy,

Gary

• Like 2