The Oak Hill Branch - LBSCR / SECR 1905ish - New layout starts on page 129

• RMweb Gold

It's livestream day!!! and this weekend we are back with the Branchlines SE&CR Invalid Saloon, and we are finally going to finish it!!! Just in time for that Rails of Sheffield D Class to arrive!!

See you there at 9PM (BST)

Gary

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

It feels like forever since I have been here after not streaming last weekend as it was my daughters birthday, but we are back this weekend with some SER goodness as we have a play with a 3D Printed SER O Class!!

I will be back with the link tomorrow, in the meantime I'll leave you with the review of the last livestream!!

Hope you enjoy,

Gary

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It's Livestream day!! Join us tonight at 9pm (BST) as we have some fun with a 3D printed SER O Class!!!!

I am rather looking forward to this one, it will make a much more appropriate loco for Oak Hill than my C Class!!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend!! and we will be back with some more Let's Build! tomorrow night at 9pm (BST) where we will be continuing with the 3D Printed SER O Class!! So make sure you don't miss it!!

I will be back tomorrow with the link, in the meantime, I'll let you catch up with the fantastic progress we made last time!!

Hope you enjoy,

Gary

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend again! and we are getting ready to go live once more, so join us tomorrow night at 9pm (BST) as we get some more progress made on the SER O Class, including finally giving it an identity!!

I'll be back with the link tomorrow, in the meantime please enjoy the review of last weekends livestream!!

Gary

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

It's that time of the week again when we are getting ready for the next livestream where we will add even more details to the SER O Class, which is now getting very close to completion after last weeks livestream where we actually did all the things I promised!!

I will be back with the link tomorrow, in the meantime please enjoy the review of last weeks livestream!

Gary

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It's livestream day!! Join us tonight at 9pm (BST) as we add more details to the SER O Class and push it even closer to completion, we are not far from having it done!!!!

See you there,

Gary

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend!! and I hear there is some important final tomorrow night, that's right this could be our final livestream on the SER O Class!!! With the next project already decided this could get quite exciting, can we finish the loco, or will we need extra time? The only way to find out is to be there tomorrow night at 9pm (BST)!!

I will be back with the link tomorrow, in the meantime I'll leave you with the review of last weekends livestream.

Hope you enjoy,

Gary

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

The day is finally upon us!! Tonight is the FINAL episode of the SER O Class!! with the last few bits being detailed! So join us at 9pm (BST) as we bring this project to a close ready for a very exciting new project next week!!

See you there,

Gary

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guys,

Well following the demise of Oak Hill it's time for a new layout to rise, not the new Oak Hill yet, but South Park Quarry, which is located close to Oak Hill on a spur from the branch, rail access from the branch is from the Oak Hill direction, and wagons to and from the quarry are taken to Oak Hill and marshalled from their trains there.

A map of the branch here to show how it all connects together, This was made for me by @sem34090 quite some time ago:

888911613_FinalMap.jpg.487bbbf68dc4345ff6b784cc187afb0e.jpg

and the trackplan for the new layout, this has been seen on here and discussed before, but it's always good to have a reminder, @Skinnylinny helped me with the planning, and most of the credit should go to them, this is being into boards designed to fit the Really Useful Box's 77L box the boards are available here:

trackplan.JPG.84c8230c2b339b5039af8f92ffbc5082.JPG

On this plan we have the entrance/exit at the left hand side, allowing a loco to bring in wagons, and then a run round to let that loco out, it can then propel the wagons into the long siding, once the mainline loco is out the way the industrial shunter sitting in the left hand siding has a standard 5-3-3 inglenook to play with.

Hopefully this won't take too long to get running and then it can keep me entertained until I build Oak Hill 2, SPQ is being built with Peco code 75 track, which I have all of ready to go, Oak Hill 2 will be built with Peco Bullhead track, but I need the double slips to be released first!

The layout is going to feature on my weekly livestreams, and I am welcoming input from everyone as to the layouts scenics, and look forward to seeing what everyone thinks, I have started work by laying the cork, and drilling holes for the point motors, which I captured in video here:

Thanks for looking everyone, hope you enjoyed,

Gary

• Like 5

• BlueLightning changed the title to The Oak Hill Branch - LBSCR / SECR 1905ish - A new layout begins!
  • RMweb Gold

It's the weekend!! and that means it's nearly time for some live layout building!!! Join us tomorrow night at 9pm (BST) as we begin work on South Park Quarry!!

I'll be back tomorrow with the link, in the meantime, I'll leave you with the review of last weeks stream, and the finished SER O Class!!

Hope you enjoy,

Gary

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It's Livestream day!! Join us tonight at 9pm (BST) as we start work on my new layout South Park Quarry!! The plan is to build the entire layout on the livestream with input from everyone as to how it will look! I am really excited for this one!!

See you there!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The weekend is upon us once again, and after starting work on South Park Quarry last weekend we are going to try and get some wheels moving on it this weekend!! Make sure you are there at 9PM (BST) tomorrow to see if we can manage it!!

I'll be back with the link tomorrow, in the meantime I'll leave you to catch up with the review of last weekends livestream!!

Hope you enjoy,

Gary

• Like 1