The Oak Hill Branch - LBSCR / SECR 1905ish - New layout starts on page 129

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend again! and so far my new job hasn't made me want to give up YouTube!! So join us tomorrow night as we finish the wagons from POWSides!! It's now time for transfers!!!

I'll be back tomorrow with the link, in the meantime you can catch up with what we have done so far with the review of last weekends stream below!

Hope you enjoy!!

Gary

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend again, and I still haven't been put off railway modelling by the new job, so come along tomorrow night at 9pm(UK) when we will be working on a vacuum formed LSWR passenger brake from Roxey Mouldings!! A totally new modelling medium for the channel!!

I will be back with the link tomorrow, in the meantime, please enjoy the review of last weeks livestream where we finished off work on the POWSides wagons!!

Hope you enjoy!!

Gary

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, BlueLightning said:

It's the weekend again, and I still haven't been put off railway modelling by the new job, so come along tomorrow night at 9pm(UK) when we will be working on a vacuum formed LSWR passenger brake from Roxey Mouldings!! A totally new modelling medium for the channel!!

I look forward to seeing the vacuum-formed vacuum brake on this vacuum-formed brake.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

4 hours ago, BlueLightning said:

Idle curiosity, but how old is the vacuum formed kit from Roxey? I think they were some of Dave H's first products and, in some of the early versions, you had to cut out the windows. 

Best wishes 

Eric 

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, burgundy said:

Idle curiosity, but how old is the vacuum formed kit from Roxey? I think they were some of Dave H's first products and, in some of the early versions, you had to cut out the windows. 

Best wishes 

Eric 

They are certainly old kits, I'm not sure how old, @Skinnylinny sent them to me so I had something to build. Thankfully they windows are already cut out!!

Gary

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BlueLightning said:

They are certainly old kits, I'm not sure how old, @Skinnylinny sent them to me so I had something to build. Thankfully they windows are already cut out!!

Gary

Gary 

You might find that they date back to the early 1970s....................

Best wishes 

Eric 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

In a change to tonight's scheduled programming, Gary has had a long and "interesting" week, and needs some time to himself, so the livestream is cancelled.

Sorry everyone, hope you understand.

Gary

• Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

Well following last weeks late cancellation, I am feeling much better and am ready to livestream again!! So join us tomorrow night at 9pm (BST) as we embark on building a Roxey Mouldings vacuum formed LSWR passenger brake!!

I will return with the link to the livestream tomorrow, in the meantime since I don't have a review of last weeks stream to show you I will leave you with a tour of my new workshop / recording studio, as I don't think that has appeared here yet?

Hope you enjoy,

Gary

Edited by BlueLightning
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

It's livestream day!! and with me feeling much better than I did last week we are going to have another go at starting on the Roxey Mouldings vacuum formed LSWR passenger brake!!

Join us at 9pm (BST) to see how we get on!!

See you there!!

Gary

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Some weeks start really well, others not so much.

On my day working at home today, I could hear the noise of running water, I ignored it for a while, but as it didn't stop I decided to investigate, discovering that the source is the main stop cock into my house, which is letting water out at a rather decent pace, it is also located behind one of the legs of Oak Hill, a layout that is already not in the best of conditions.

The shops can't get me a part until Wednesday, I assumed they would have them on stock, so I have wrapped the stop cock temporarily, until I can replace it once the part is in, however to do this I need to remove Oak Hill, a job the rotten boards will not survive, so tomorrow the layout will get dismantled, a replacement will not be made until I have some other jobs in the house done. So for now, this is it for Oak Hill, if anyone has requests for pictures they would like to see get them in quickly and I'll do my best to accommodate.

It is not dead, but sleepeth,

Gary

Edited by BlueLightning
  • Friendly/supportive 18

• BlueLightning changed the title to The Oak Hill Branch - LBSCR / SECR 1905ish - Goodbye Oak Hill