The Oak Hill Branch - LBSCR / SECR 1905ish - New layout starts on page 129

• RMweb Gold

It's finally the day where we break in my new recording studio with it's first ever livestream! Join us at 9pm (UK) as we begin the repaint of an LB&SCR B1 into Improved Engine Green, trying out some newly released transfers while we are at it!!

Hope to see you there!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend again! (aren't you glad I'm here to tell you these things?)

and after moving into the new recording studio last week, we made a start on repainting an LB&SCR B1 into Improved Engine Green, with some newly released transfers (although we never got as far as using the transfers!)

Join us tomorrow night as we continue this work, and actually get a change to try out these transfers and see how well they work!!

I'll leave you with our review so you can catch up with last weeks work, and I'll be back with the new link tomorrow, I look forward to seeing you there!

Gary

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend! Join us tomorrow night as we try to FINISH the repainting of the LB&SCR B1 "Gladstone" class!! I look forward to seeing you there!

I'll be back with the link tomorrow, in the meantime I'll leave you with the review of last weeks livestream, which includes a quick review of the new transfers found on eBay!

Hope you enjoy,

Gary

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend again! and this weekend marks 2 years since I had my first livestream!! We are going to celebrate by relaxing with some lasercut kits! Join us tomorrow night at 9pm (UK) to see them!!

I'll be back with the link tomorrow, in the meantime, please enjoy the review of the final stream of the LB&SCR B1 class!!

Gary

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

The weekend is upon us!! and this weekend we are aiming to finish both the Laser cut LB&SCR Horsebox, and the SE&CR Invalid Saloon!! Join us tomorrow night to see how we get on!

I'll be back tomorrow with the link, in the meantime I'll leave you with the review of last weekends livestream!

Hope you enjoy,

Gary

• Like 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend!! and this weekend, we are spending some more time with some of Linny's fantastic laser cut kits, because I am really enjoying working with them again!! So join us at 9pm (UK) tomorrow so that you don't miss it!

I'll be back with the link tomorrow, in the meantime, I'll leave you with the review of last weekends livestream!

Hope you enjoy!

Gary

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend!! and tomorrow night will be episode 100 of Let's Build! So join us as we finish some laser cut wagons!! I'll bering you the link tomorrow, in the meantime, please enjoy the review of last weekends livestream!!

Gary

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It's livestream day!! and tonight is episode 100!! We will be working on finishing off the laser cut wagons, with the hope of a new project starting next weekend!! Make sure you don't miss it!!

See you there,

Gary

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend again, and following the completion of out laser cut projects last weekend, this weekend we will be moving on, and having a play with the Hornby not-so-generic carriages! and trying to detail them into proper Stroudleys!! So join us tomorrow night at 9pm (UK) for that!!

I will be back tomorrow with the link, in the meantime I'll leave you with the review of last weekends livestream!

Hope you enjoy,

Gary

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Sorry I've not been looking in recently. I've had a quick skim through and will look forward to the summary version. Looks good. I think you haven't yet shown how you will address James' end window issue?

May I enquire, what make of screw couplings are you using?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Stephen,

The couplings I am using are Smiths LP-8A having used a few different types over the years I find these ones have the best trade off between looks and usability, others may disagree.

As for the end windows, I am undecided, so far I have left them alone, it would definitely look better if I cut away the extra panel, but then I would need to fix the lining, and at the moment I am not confident enough that I could match the finish on the carriages.

Either way however, they look much better for a few rather easy jobs.

587966197_2021-04-1209_17_17.jpg.a43b6db61ee00d009bcacc3539571d9d.jpg

Gary

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2