The Oak Hill Branch - LBSCR / SECR 1905ish - New layout starts on page 129

• RMweb Gold

Well I wouldn't want to be greedy.

I had heard to Terrier was in the original line up. Although I had not heard about a coach. I wonder what they would have used?

Yes starting with a blue E2 would bring loads of sales. It's a shame I don't have connections to a publisher.

Gary

• Like 1

Indeed. Still, hopefully someone will release a new tooling terrier (which I'd buy!), causing Hornby to drop theirs to 'Railroad' spec. I'd buy at least one new one, then a few low-price Hornby ones for Bashing and chassis donors for good measure!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Talking of terriers, heres a shot of where my conversion stands now:

post-8375-0-65484800-1516626954.jpg

The bogie needs pick-ups adding, and I have just started the new cab sidesheets. The cab cutouts need opening out the match the originals, but the impression is there. The bunker flair is a quarter section of 4mm plastic tube.

Andy G

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

The thing is I'm wondering if I could get away using another one to make the later Drummond 0-4-4T's too.... They might need a bit more work, although this one is taking more time than I hoped, but its certainly fun changing something so radically....

Andy G

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

I'll have to check sizes and then its the issue of getting another K's terrier. I may have to see if SEF can spin me one, but it won't be this year I guess...

Andy G

Bachmann Atlantic News.....

My copy of the 2018 Bachmann Catalogue arrived today....

31-0910 LBSC Atlantic No.39 as bulled up and named “La France" for the French President Raymond Poincare’s second visit to Britain in summer 1913. Marsh Umber. Painted  Name and LBSC Coat of Arms.

That is the only LBSC livery in the 2018 Catalogue.

1 in SR Green, and Beachy Head in BR black complete the atlantics...

Edited by Sarahagain

I recently missed out on a K's terrier on ebay, as I really would like to do an accurate A1 for myself at some stage. Seems certain people (Whom shall remain nameless... Jim, Gary...) are 'wasting' the kits on excellent modelling projects...

• Like 2

The one that sold for £44-ish last night? That'd be the one! And pretty well exactly my plan too... Build the whitemetal body as my first loco kit, then fit it onto a Hornby chassis. After that I planned to build the chassis separately then mate it to the body once that was done. Good price, but a little out of my range at the moment.

I have my eye on a few other things though, and I'm rather confident of getting them. Won't be saying anything beforehand though... don't want any of you lot getting in there and outbidding me! Not massive amounts of time left, and currently winning, so even more reason not to mention them! If I get any of them at the current price they will have been bargains....

I haven't got my eye on this one (Well out of my price range!), but think it may be of interest to some contributors here...

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LBSC-Kit-Built-0-6-0-Tank-Loco-Number-100-Black-Livery-Painted-/173108914507

I believe it to be an E1 in late condition (Marsh boiler?), in Marsh Goods Black. Only thing is, I thought by this point the first E2's had appeard, the first being No.100.

It ain't arf 'xpensive tho, innit!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Sarah,

Thanks for the info from the Bachmann catalogue! My H1 is already pre-ordered! Good to know exactly when it fits in time wise, ie. no-where near Oak Hill!! but why would that stop me!!

Sir Eustace,

Have no fear of me buying anything on eBay. I have just come home from club with 2 more kits!!! These ones are pre-grouping though! but more on them tomorrow.

I think you may be right about the number on that E1, and I would never pay that for one!!!! It is a nice looking model though!

As for your D1 CAD, well pop back for my update tomorrow!

Gary

• Like 1

Let me guess:

At least one of your club accquisitions was a Finecast kit.

At least one of your club accquisitions was a Stroudley D1.

or

My witterings have prompted you to do some CAD stuff, and you've produced a superior D1 than my own - currently undergoing a rebuild - one.

• Like 2

Oh.

Does it involve D1's?

A's?

A1's?

B's?

B1's?

B2's?

B3's?

B4's?

B4x's?

C1's?