The Oak Hill Branch - LBSCR / SECR 1905ish - New layout starts on page 129

A and B will give a good line of sight through any bridge which is forming the scenic break, whereas C does not.  C and B would both allow exchange of tablet  whether trains are  entering the loop or the platform.  There would probably be a little platform for the signalman to stand on next the line to exchange tablets with arriving trains, positioned at B or C, depending on which side the box is on.  Taking all things into consideration, I would favour position B.

Jim 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Caley Jim said:

A and B will give a good line of sight through any bridge which is forming the scenic break, whereas C does not.

Do we know what will be forming the scenic break?

It is also possible to have a signal cabin tall enough to be able to see over the bridge.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

All good points to think about.

53 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

But the test of all this theorising is: what did the Brighton do in similar circumstances?

I'll have to find out.

36 minutes ago, Regularity said:

Do we know what will be forming the scenic break?

No, if someone tells you, please do let me know :jester:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Well the weekend is back! So it's almost time to get the Wills SE&CR D Class back out!! We will get some more paint on it, and work on even more small projects! It's a good job I have so many things sat around to do!!

I will be back with the link tomorrow, and as usual I shall leave you with the reivew of last weekends livestream to enjoy!

Gary

PS. For those that haven't seen, This weeks Tuesday video ended up in a new thread Gary Goes Midland - A Charity Project

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The weekend has arrived!! and my drawing abilities have been being put to the test!! Tomorrow night will see us trying my newly drawn transfers on the Wills SE&CR D Class! There have already been talks of transfers based on these being made available in the future! So make sure you don't miss the first test! Tomorrow night 9pm (UK).

I'll be back tomorrow with the link, and in the meantime I will leave you with the review of last weeks livestream!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It's livestream day!! and tonight we will be trying out my newly drawn SE&CR transfers!! A modified version of these should be available to buy soon, so make sure you come along this evening to check them out!!

See you there are 9pm (UK)!!

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

This week I thought it would be nice to do a stock overview looking at my SE&CR stock. after all the livestreams have taken a good look at it recently.

So without further ado, my SE&CR collection!

Hope you enjoy,

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend! and Let's Build! is one year old!! So this week for something a bit special. I commissioned a kit!! Make sure you don't miss it, tomorrow night, 9pm(UK) see you there!!

Yes that's right I commissioned a kit!! This is LB&SCR Craven 0-4-2T number 27 of 1866, originally built for the Hailsham - Polegate service as an 0-4-0 it very quickly had some trailing wheels added due to stability issues.

I shall return with the link tomorrow, in the meantime. I will leave you with the review of last weekends livestream!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It's livestream day!!! and this week we are celebrating one year of Let's Build! So to celebrate this I have commissioned a kit!!

So come along tonight to check it out to see how we get on with the new early loco!!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone!

This weeks video covers my 2-4-0T Terrier, and gives an insight into how it was made. I also carried out some upgrades to the model while filming this, so after the intro I move to my new microphone. Giving us a much better audio quality!

Hope you enjoy

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Are you missing Warley this weekend? Well you can still get your model fix (the demo stand anyway!) from my YouTube channel tomorrow night, 9pm (UK), where will be be carrying on with the 3D printed LB&SCR Craven 0-4-2T from @Javier L. Make sure you don't miss it!!

Can't wait that long? Then check out the Review of last weekends livestream and see what we have done on the kit do far!!

Hope you are all safe and well!!

Gary

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

This weeks video went up on Tuesday, and is another stock overview video, This week giving a quick look at my collection of Terriers! (Well it had to come eventually didn't it?)

Hope you enjoy!

Gary

• Like 4