The Oak Hill Branch - LBSCR / SECR 1905ish - New layout starts on page 129

• RMweb Gold

The world might be ending, but Let's Build! isn't!! This week we will be carrying on with the Craven 0-4-2T we will add the valve gear, and maybe even get the power added!!

I will be back with the link tomorrow, in the meantime, please enjoy the review of last weeks livestream!!

Gary

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

The day is here!! Join us tonight at 9pm (UK) as we beat the lockdown by working on the fantastic 3D printed LB&SCR Craven 04-2T With the aim of getting the motion fitted, and maybe even getting some power into the loco!!

See you there!!

Gary

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Its the weekend!! (Did you know? Is anyone keeping track of days any more?) and tomorrow we will be live with more of the Craven 0-4-2T build!! One of the main jobs will be fixing an issue I have found! (The joys of being the first builder!) I hope to get DCC fitted and wheels turning, we are very close to the end of this one!!

I will be back with the link tomorrow, in the meantime, I will leave you with the review of last weeks livestream!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It's livestream day!! The apocalypse hasn't stopped us yet! and so tonight at 9pm (UK) we will be LIVE on YouTube with the Craven 0-4-2T which should be running before we finish!!

I hope you can join me there!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It's Easter weekend! and on this weekend for celebrating life, we will be attempting to breath some life into @Skinnylinny's Wills LB&SCR D1, which we spent some time working on last weekend! There is still some finishing off of our work from last week, and some details to add! Make sure you don't miss it, tomorrow, 9pm (UK), see you there!

I'll be back with the link tomorrow, in the meantime, please enjoy the review of last weekends livestream!

Gary

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

This weeks video went up on Tuesday as usual (to get these notifications on time make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel)

and with the lockdown, and Easter Holidays we have had plenty of time to work on the boys layout, so we took another visit there, and started on scenic work around his loco shed. Once again most of the work was done exclusively by him, with some instruction from me. I fear that I shall have to hand my channel over to him one day, because the skill is clearly there!!

Hope you enjoy!

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Red, just wait until you see what he has done since that was filmed! (possibly next weeks video, he's really getting on!)

The ballast is, like most of the parts used, from the Your Model Railway Village magazine, it is a mix of about 45% buff, 45% grey, and 10% black, the stones are roughly the size of Woodland Scenics fine ballast. Applied to the track with a Proses ballast spreader. It's currently unweathered, that will come later.#

Hope that helps

Gary

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The weekend is here!! and as the UK Lockdown gets extended we are preparing to go live yet again, hopefully it will help retain some sanity!!

This week we will be pushing for completion on @Skinnylinny's Will's LB&SCR D1, which can then be posted back to them for painting!

I hope you can join us tomorrow night at 9pm (UK) to see if we manage it!

I shall be back with the link tomorrow, in the meantime please enjoy the review of last weekends livestream!

• Like 2