The Oak Hill Branch - LBSCR / SECR 1905ish - Planning a new layout!

Last minute cancellation of tonight's livestream! I've been in pain with my neck all day, unfortunately it hasn't got any better, and even 5 minutes at the workbench is too much, never mind 3 hours!

Should actually be a video this Tuesday though!!

Thanks,

Gary

• Friendly/supportive 7

Thanks Ian!

Hopefully it shall be better soon. None of the painkillers I have taken today have helped, and I can't have anti-inflammatories due to my haemophilia, so it's a waiting game on that front.

Gary

• Friendly/supportive 2

Well a week has past, and my back is better!! So tomorrow night we will be returning to the Craven 0-4-2T, so join us tomorrow at 9pm (UK) to see the return of this fantastic little loco!!

I'll be back with the link tomorrow!

In the meantime, thanks for reading,

Gary

• Like 2

It's livestream day!!! and in my fully recovered form, we can look forward to working on the Craven 0-4-2T again tonight!!!

Join us at 9pm (UK) to see how we get on with the return of this wonderful project!!

• Like 4

It's the weekend!! and I plan on finishing the LB&SCR Craven o-4-2T on this weeks livestream!! So make sure to join us tomorrow night at 9pm (UK) to see if I can manage it!!

I shall return with the link tomorrow, in the meantime, here is the review of last weekends stream to let you catch up!

• Like 4

It's the weekend!! and following this weeks vote we will be working on restoring the GEM 009 coach on this weeks livestream! Join us tomorrow night at 9pm (UK) to see how we get on with it!

I'll be back with the link tomorrow, in the meantime, here's the review of last weeks livestream where we finished the LBSC Craven 0-4-2T

Hope you enjoy!

• Like 3

It's livestream day! and tonight we will be working on restoring my GEM 009 Talyllyn Railway bogie brake carriage (which I one day hope to get the matching coach to go with it), I picked it up in a rather sorry state some time ago, and am looking forward to what should be a nice easy project!

• Like 3

It's the weekend again! and following a very successful stream last weekend we are going to be doing some scenic scratchbuilding this weekend!! Join us tomorrow night as we work on things for the NC&GLR layout!!

I'll be back with the link tomorrow, in the meantime please enjoy the review of last weekends livestream!

• Like 1

The weekend is upon us!! and this weekend, while I would love to do some more scenic bits, we will be returning to some rolling stock! because I need to wait for more supplies for the scenic work! So instead we will be working on finishing the train for the Craven tank!! See you there tomorrow at 9pm (UK)!!

I'll be back tomorrow with the link, in the meantime I hope you enjoy the review of last weekends livestream!!

Gary

• Like 2

Indeed he did James, the LBSC board of directors tried to change his mind, but he was having none of it. It would seem they were more interested in having 50 Terriers, and who could blame them!!

Gary

• Like 2
On 10/10/2020 at 16:19, BlueLightning said:

Indeed he did James, the LBSC board of directors tried to change his mind, but he was having none of it. It would seem they were more interested in having 50 Terriers, and who could blame them!!

Gary

At the risk of being fair to J C Craven, I think this does not do him justice. Initially, he concentrated on getting Brighton Works to a viable state, with a trickle construction of new locos - usually in pairs. This allowed the adoption of technical innovations, of which, admittedly, Craven was rather fond.  The Locomotive Committee of the Board micro-managed him, refusing to order additional locos from external builders when they were required. When the need became desperate, they panicked and over-ordered locos that they could not pay for. Craven actually resigned on two occasions in exasperation. 

I have never entirely understood how Stroudley was able to operate under very different terms of reference. 

Best wishes 

Eric    

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2