The Oak Hill Branch - LBSCR / SECR 1905ish - New layout starts on page 129

• RMweb Premium

Hi Gary

Just had a quick look at the last two bits, coming along nicely. Have you a set of the Umber livery transfers?

Also, what about numberplates for Uckfield? Please could you also say what the gear on the D1 is from? I have seen those motors with the worm gears, where did the other one come from?

Cheers

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ian, 

Thanks for looking in. 

I have not got a set of the Umber transfers, I will be needing them at some point, and I'll be needing Stroudley plates for the D1, number 27.

The motors I got all had different worms on them, the gear is just one I found in a spares box that happened to match, gear and worm will most likely be replaced at some point to allow better slow running. I'll update if and when I do that

Gary

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend again, So we are getting ready to go live! This week we will be starting work on the I3 chassis!

I'll be back tomorrow with the link

I hope to see you there tomorrow at 9pm (UK).

In the meantime, here is the look back at last weeks stream!

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed,

Gary

Without wishing to be a spoilsport, would it be possible to have a written summary of your goings-on? I ask only because I'm increasingly finding that I don't actually have the time to sit through streams. At the moment it seems that most of the updates on here are purely links to previous or upcoming streams, which is very well and good but if one can't watch the streams!

Edited by sem34090
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Not a problem Sem, sometimes in life not paying attention is the only way of getting by! I have actually been doing quite a few videos recently, and have lots more ready to go over the next few weeks.

Gary

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone!!!

As is (hopefully) now the norm my new Tuesday video has gone live! This week is an overview of Oak Hill, what it is, how it works, and what the future plans are for it!

I hope you enjoy Oak Hill update 1!

Gary

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Red,

I enjoy getting it setup with scenes like that, makes a nice feature in the room! Sometimes when is cluttered with stock I forget how much I enjoy the layout!! Hopefully it is going to get better as I get the next steps done with it. 

Gary

• Like 3

15 hours ago, BlueLightning said:

Hi everyone!!!

As is (hopefully) now the norm my new Tuesday video has gone live! This week is an overview of Oak Hill, what it is, how it works, and what the future plans are for it!

I hope you enjoy Oak Hill update 1!

Gary

Really enjoyed that, Gary, and great to be reminded of the extent of your transformation of the layout and the successful transition to a pre-Grouping look.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks James,

I must say at times it is good to remind myself of such things!

I filmed this video about 2 weeks ago (along with many more to release over the next few Tuesdays) and have been really excited about people seeing this one!

Gary

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The weekend is upon us!! and after a rather terrible week I need a chance to unwind! so that can only mean one thing!! Modelling with friends! or as I like to call it Let's Build! LIVE

Tomorrow night at 9pm (UK) we will be live as usual continuing work on the SE Finecast LB&SCR I3 chassis! and having a look at what is needed for refurbishing the motor!

I shall return tomorrow with the link, in the meantime here is the review of last weeks livestream for you all to enjoy.

Gary

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It's nearly time!! The modelling bench is ready, and I am looking forward to doing some modelling, and chatting to friends! I hope to see you there as we continue work on the SE Finecast LB&SCR I3 chassis, and look at the motorisation method we will be using!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

The weekend is upon us! and this week we will be hoping to finish the SE Finecast LB&SCR I3 chassis, bringing it to a state where it actually runs! and if we get time we will then begin work on adding the details to the body.

I hope to see you there!

Back tomorrow with the link, in the meantime here is the review of last weeks livestream!!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

The day is here!! We will be LIVE tonight from 9pm (UK) working on fettling the SE Finecast LB&SCR I3 chassis, motorisation, and details on the body!! How far can we get? There is only one way to find out!

I hope to see you there!

Gary

• RMweb Gold

Hello Everyone!!

It's the weekend so I return to remind you that we will be livestreaming again this weekend, and continuing work on the SE Finecast LB&SCR I3 with the aim of this week being motorisation!

I hope I can count on seeing you there

Back tomorrow with the link, in the meantime here is the review of last weekends stream for you to enjoy.

• Like 1