The Oak Hill Branch - LBSCR / SECR 1905ish - New layout starts on page 129

• RMweb Gold

As it is Remembrance Sunday tonights stream will be a special dedicated to the event. We will be working on my LB&SCR L Class number 33 "Remembrance"

The loco will finally be receiving it's proper transfers, allowing us to finally look at my homemade transfers, So I will be answering questions about making them throughout the night!

I look forward to seeing you there at 9pm (UK) tonight!!

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Really need to get better at remembering to post these videos. It's times like this I wish RMWeb had a feature to enable scheduled posts, then I cold do it when I upload the video (Usually a day or so before it actually goes live)

If you want to make sure you don't miss them you could always subscribe to my YouTube channel!

I started a new series on YouTube this week, looking at my stock, I decided to start with an overview of my unbuilt kits, to show what can be expected to be seen in future streams.

It's a reasonable long video, but I hope you enjoy!!

Gary

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend!! Almost time to go live!!

This weekend we will be hopefully finishing work on the LB&SCR L Class Remembrance, following a good stream last weekend.

I hope to see you there tomorrow at 9pm (UK)

I will return with the link tomorrow, in the meantime check out the review of last weekends stream below!

Hope you enjoy,

Gary

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Oh look I'm remembering to post this before I go to promote the stream and realise it's not there!!

This weeks video is another Stock Overview, this time looking at the stock that has been built over the course of the livestream!

There will not be an extra video next week as I upload on Tuesday, which this week a large part of the YouTube community that make family friendly content are declaring "No upload day" in protest at some new restrictions on such content. As this has affected me I have decided to take part!

Hope you enjoy,

Gary

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, BlueLightning said:

Oh look I'm remembering to post this before I go to promote the stream and realise it's not there!!

This weeks video is another Stock Overview, this time looking at the stock that has been built over the course of the livestream!

There will not be an extra video next week as I upload on Tuesday, which this week a large part of the YouTube community that make family friendly content are declaring "No upload day" in protest at some new restrictions on such content. As this has affected me I have decided to take part!

Hope you enjoy,

Gary

So what is it that Youtube have done Gary?

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Annie said:

So what is it that Youtube have done Gary?

Hi Annie,

YouTube have been force into a position by the US FTC where anything aimed at children is suddenly on risky ground due to "Data Collection", and in fact lost a court battle against the FTC resulting in YouTube having to pay a fine of US$170,000,000.

This has meant they have announced some platform changes, including removing the ability to comment on "child friendly" content, removing the ability for "child friendly" channels to host livestreams, and making it almost impossible for "child friendly" channels to make money (This last one isn't an issue for me as my channel isn't monetised). These changes are due to come into effect on the 1st January 2020.

Currently they have a very lose definition of what is "Child Friendly", and while I would not count as my channel as being aimed at "children" (for the purposes of YouTube that means under 13), however since my channel is about "Toy Trains™" and I keep everything PG, that means the YouTube algorithm may not agree with me, and I could see my channel restricted.

Being outside the US I am luckily in the fact that the US$42,000 PER VIDEO!! fine would be unenforceable against me

The "protests" are being carried out by channels that like me sit in the grey area that is not aimed at children, and so should be safe, but YouTube's announced rules say are not.

This is about as simplified as I can make it, for a more detailed look I will put a video below from a creator that I watch with the kids, who spent 10 years as a para-legal in the US Army, and is currently in the process of winding his channel down and moving to another site.

Hope this covers it,

Gary

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Not a problem Annie.

Hopefully YouTube will accept my claim that I am not a "made for children" channel. As I don't want to go to the extreme that some creators are and start swearing just to stop it being child friendly. So far I think I have avoided all swearing, even when I have cut myself, (And once smashed a rather expensive glass on the livestream)

Gary

Edited by BlueLightning
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

So despite YouTube doing all it can to frustrate creators, it is once again the weekend, and I am getting ready to go LIVE!!

This week we will be returning to the SE Finecast LB&SCR I3! I have been looking forward to returning to this project, it is so close to being finished that I am getting very excited about it!!

We also have some brand new products from @ianmaccormac of EB Models, in the form of Marsh era build plates, to have a look at!! and once again Ian has done a fantastic job, and they do come with my full recommendation!

I will be back tomorrow with the link.

I hope to see you there tomorrow at 9pm (UK), and in the meantime I will leave you with the review of last weeks stream!

Gary

Edited by BlueLightning
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The day is here!! We will later return to the SE Finecast LB&SCR I3!! A project I am looking forward to!!

We will also be looking at the new builders plates from EB Models. I am very glad these have come about while I am at this stage of the build!!, they will make a great addition to the model!

Hope to see you there at 9pm (UK) tonight!!

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend!!!!

This weekend we will have another special guest in the form of @Lancaster622 and we will be doing some layout building!!! I look forward to seeing you all there tomorrow night at 9pm (UK). However tonight I will be live as a guest host on his channel!!! Join us there later!! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFYXr9PzST4yoMjNH0Sw8KQ (and don't forget to subscribe!!)

I will return tomorrow with the link, in the meantime I will leave you with the review of last weeks livestream!

Gary

• Like 2