The Oak Hill Branch - LBSCR / SECR 1905ish - New layout starts on page 129

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Annie said:

Any chance of pictures of your recent models for those of us who can't watch a live stream without falling asleep.

Yes Annie, that would seem like a good way to use the time I would normally be streaming!

Firstly I want to apologise to everyone for not having posted an update for a while, along with my normal health issues, I have been renovating the house, and that has to take priority over posting to RMWeb.

Let's build has been running now for nearly 3 months, and while it is only 3 hours a week I think we have made some great progress, and have more to come!

Firstly we made a rebuilt Stroudley Brake, this was started on my test stream, and launched the YouTube project:

1007587872_2019-06-0222_24.51-1.jpg.cea572d68335d9800a51a555abb28e3a.jpg

and once this was done, we moved onto looking at one of Linny's laser cut Stroudley carriages, these are waiting for paint, as I don't have any Mahogany:

1739775067_2019-06-0222_33_50.jpg.8cc1111307078d7eaa148a8bee3216a0.jpg

and once we had done that we converted a Tri-ang 7 plank into an LBSC 5 plank wagon:

720541732_2019-06-0222_25.02-1.jpg.0c907415a2f351e006f7f7b8f1066f8f.jpg

With that done, I was running low on projects that I actually had all the parts for, and in fact I was left with no choice but to start on my K's Lion, being built as The Titfield Thunderbolt, this got paint for the first time last week, and this week should have seen that cleaned up and the model finished. THis kit has been built as designed by K's with the only modification being a DCC chip added, but still using the original K's motor!

1318730283_2019-06-0222_24.37-1.jpg.37c3afb51b4a52cf68565ec4c4bd24fe.jpg

Once this has been completed, I now have a few projects lined up, so we will first be moving onto making an LBSC 54ft 5 compartment brake third out of Tri-ang clerestories, as a mini tribute to Terry Gough who wrote the articles I will be following for hte Railway Modeller in the 1960's:

446018179_2019-06-0223_05_50.jpg.7e4ad1406b7f2d803f0d8c35178d7660.jpg

I have been buying kits to build, so that we have plenty to do, so in no particular order we have, 2 K's LBSC 4 wheelers:

2131865303_2019-06-0222_35.21-1.jpg.c104928d89b3d42331b5cb7ba5edd849.jpg

A Nu-Cast, and a Cambrian LBSC 5 plank wagon:

425365115_2019-06-0222_35_55.jpg.e86829d9db3ba60b4dacc8b8b7b089ab.jpg

and once I have got some wheels (awaiting funds) We will have a Wills SECR D Class, and SEFinecast LBSC I3.

612847493_2019-06-0222_34.27-1.jpg.39ec48ae5ea48d83bcc8c6a94bd7f93a.jpg

Once I have some money to spend on track we will also have the layout to work on, but that might be a few more months.

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed,

Gary

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Premium

And there I was staying up specially! 

Great to see just what has been achieved with this.

I'm going to go to bed then  - yes tired as I have been designing gas lamp tops on the computer for the 3D printer. 

Good Night!

Thanks

Ian in Blackpool

• Thanks 1

People have been accusing me of getting good deals and interesting items recently - I shall forward them to that post... :P

I might need to come and watch the Clerestory-bash as that's one of Mr Gough's articles I don't have.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Yeah I went on a bit of a kit buying spree, I was worried I wouldn't have anything to build on stream. 

Hopefully the Clerestory-bash should start this weekend, I can't see Thunderbolt taking the full 3 hours to build! 

Gary

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Well last nights stream went very well!! and it saw us saying goodbye to Thunderbolt, who after appearing in 8 livestreams (of the 14 I have done), and about 21 hours total work, has reached a point where she can sit. She still needs coal adding to the tender, a crew (a vicar and a bishop obviously!), and some etched nameplates to replace my temporary printed ones, but for now at least, she is done!

Any questions of feedback gratefully received.

121741432_2019-06-2400_06_28.jpg.1595db25100c0110cd31a0ad0908a845.jpg

Next weekend will see us return to the LB&SCR working on an old tooling terrier, with a rename/number, and detailing to make it look far superior to it's current state. This will also showcase some newly released transfers for renaming terriers from Precision Labels, and hopefully some newly updated etched number plates, from EB Models.

Gary

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend again! and as usual this I will end the weekend by livestreaming on YouTube, and this week we will be starting a new project after bringing the Thunderbolt to a close. We will be working on an older Dapol terrier, with a renaming, and detailing.

21276219_LetsBuildEpisode14.jpg.e9d48c31ddb7fce5013b7e88bd24eb23.jpg

In the meantime for those who don't have time to watch all the episodes live. I have started a series of pre-recorded videos that will cover what we do in the livestreams each week, the first one has a quick look at everything we have done so far, but in future we should go into more detail about each weeks work. So check out the first episode below now, and don't forget to visit my YouTube channel and drop a subscription! Getting close to my goal of 100 subscribers now!

Gary

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Ian,

Couldn't believe it when I saw the works plate, I was convinced that was gone for good!

The positive review was well deserved!! I was amazed by the quality of the plates. I had best get the build finished so I can write up a review of the transfers and your plates for the next LB&SCR Modellers Digest!!

Gary

• RMweb Gold

For those that haven't subscribed to my YouTube yet (why not, I'm only 14 subscribers short of my goal!) I have done a review of last weeks livestream, showing the work we did, and the a couple of close ups of the amazing etched brass plates done by Ian MacCormac they are so good you should watch just to see them!!

Ian's Website (EB Models): http://www.mjwsjw.co.uk/

Precision Labels: http://precisionlabels.com/

Gary

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend!!! and my soldering iron is being prepared for putting together an SE Finecast LBSC I3 tomorrow night!!!

Last week we finished the Terrier and so will this week be starting work on my most requested project, the I3 has been asked for a few times, to show whitemetal soldering, so we will be looking at how to do it, and potentially how not to do it! This could be interesting so don't miss out!!

In the meantime for those who don't have 3 hours to spend watching my streams live, the review episode for last weeks stream is on my YouTube channel, to see these when they first go up, make sure you hit that subscribe button! and while your at it don't forget to like and comment! This week we are only 12 subscribers short of my goal!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

It's livestream day!! Tonight at 9pm (UK) shall see some whitemetal soldering live on my channel. I'm not going to claim to be great at this, so tonights stream could be "fun".

Hope to see you there!

Gary

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

It's the weekend again! Time to start preparing for the next livestream where we will be continuing with the SE Finecast I3 build!

It is also a special week because I hit my subscriber target yesterday!! :dance_mini:

I shall be back tomorrow with the link, but in the meantime, here is the review of what we got done last week! I have a few different videos coming up over the next few weeks, so make sure to subscribe so that you don't miss them!!

Thanks for looking,

Gary

Edited by BlueLightning
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone! 

With hitting 100 subscribers on YouTube I have decided its time to take the channel a bit more seriously as clearly some people do like it! So with that I have started recording other modelling videos, and YouTube tells me about 10% of my views come from RMWeb, so I guess people here must like it to!! 

So I present to you, a video about my SE Finecast LB&SCR D1, this will be followed by further updates as the build progresses.

Gary

• Like 2