Hornby at London Toy Fair

Andy Y

Thanks to Phil Parker for snapping some content on Hornby's stand at the Toy Fair.

Hornby recently mentioned a Junior range, here's a first glimpse of a product.

Hornby Junior s.jpg

The Humbrol 3D printer previously announced, apparently around the £600 mark.

Humbrol 3D.jpg

Humbrol Printer.jpg

The WTF award (from a modeller's perspective) must got to the Downton Abbey train set. Maybe it's a gift shop / toy shop item but I wouldn't have thought your average 5 year old was into period dramas and if he/she is I'm sure they could pick some holes in this.

Nice box because it doesn't show what's in it.

Downton Abbey 1.jpg

You want to see what's in it? Come back later and I'll show you. Best guess wins the lump of bluetac on top of my monitor.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to Phil Parker for snapping some content on Hornby's stand at the Toy Fair.

attachicon.gifDownton Abbey 1.jpg

You want to see what's in it? Come back later and I'll show you. Best guess wins the lump of bluetac on top of my monitor.

A model of Highclere Castle. :no:

Finest West Country Sausages slow cooked in a red wine joux avec Pomme Frites on a bed of slow roasted pitch Pine sleepers and finely ground Haldon Ballast oh! ..... And a Bottle of Dartmoors Best Jail Aie ?

If I'm right with my guess Andy just keep the bluetac and save the postage mate :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Very obvious - it's the estate railway which never featured in the tv series.  It would therefore have to have a pig wagon (converted cattle truck), a GWR brakevan in NER colours, a fat scriptwriter (sorry your lordship), a fat Butler (sorry Mr Carson), a special ambulance coach (probably a Mk3 in WD livery in order to be as accurate as that part of the series).

Now the big problem is the traction but inevitably in order to recognise Mr Bates alleged, and remarkably fast for the age, return journey from York to London it would have to be an A1 (correct for period), or an A4 (prettier shape), or good old 'Nelly' from the Triang days renamed 'Lady Mary'.

PS As is very obvious I never watched the programme, er ever ...... ;)

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 2

Based on where they have filmed DA my guesses are:

• KESR: A Terrier, 4w carriage(s) & Brake Van
  • Bluebell: A southern 0-6-0 or 4-6-0 with non corridor carriages, probably Greasley or Thompson.
  • NYMR: A BR Std. 4 4-6-0 with LNER lettering and LNER teak carriages

A GWR 4-6-0 of some variety named 'Downton Abbey', a Pullman coach for the Lord and his family, and a 4-wheel coach for the servants. Also a level crossing and a period car to be hit by the train on it, providing the essential dose of tragedy.

• RMweb Premium

A Butler Henderson locomotives called Carson ( sorry about that obvious loco )

Two four wheel coaches called Mary & Sybil

Converted cattle truck for transporting the prize winning pigs

A truck for carrying the car to Scotland for the shooting season and a old long wheeled van for the luggage and servants.

Hornby could. Be on to a winner ( about as much chance as Chelsea winning the league )

Eltel