Mamod's Brunel VB Oscillator.

Stevelewis

Does  anyone  have  any  views  on  Mamod's Brunel  loco

Having  viewed a few  clips in You tube  I am  quite  intrigued,  I am currently building  a SM32 line  using  Battery  diesels  from  Roundhouse  some  of  which  have recently arrived  here,  I had no intention of  using  Live  steam locos  ( I did all that  years  ago!!) 

But as  I said    above  Brunel intrigues me.

• 1 month later...

Just  a  quick  update,  I bought  a  Brunel  it  arrived  and  was  returned  2  days  later,  although  quite  a  well built solid  little  loco  and  probably   fine  for  the  £400+ price  this  one  was  faulty so back  it  went  since  when  it  has  been  replaced  with  a  more  conventional  and  more  expensive   live  steam  loco.

After   many  years   of  dabbling  in  live  steam  I  swore  I  would  never  buy  another,, but  it  is  a  sector  of  the  hobby  which  is  hard  to ignore  once  you  have  been involved!!

Once it's got it's claws in, Steve....

I blame  Tom  Cooper  (Merlin  Models)

Back in the  late  70s  I visited  his  then  Newsagents shop in  KENDAL  to PX  some 00 stuff  including  a  Hornby ZERO ONE system  for  some  LGB items (Tom also  sold model railways), he  showed  me  the Garden  Railway in  the  back garden of the shop, on which he  had  some  of  his  early  Merlin Beck LS locos........that  visit  sowed  the  seeds>>>>>

Archived