• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, Tom Burnham said:

And on this side of it, the great Rother Valley floods of January 1925 (other Rother Valley floods are available...)646265864_Wittershamflooding.jpg.8782a2c362e94c26357473185218100c.jpgHesperus-floods.jpg.02238bd2140467df551daf745c538a78.jpg

The loco of course is "Hesperus" - as someone once said, a good name for a wreck.

did the crayfish escape ?

Nick

• Like 1

For those wanting their View New Content page, this is what I've done:-

Select the Activity Stream > Content I follow

Then within that, under the heading “Show Me”, select “Content Items Only”

Under “Following” select “Content items I follow”

Under sorting “Newest first”

Select the Condensed version of the view

I’ve pinned that to my Taskbar (Windows 10) as I haven’t found the way back to that view from within a topic.

I’m OK with the new arrangements, except for the recurring pop-up telling me the site wants to send me notifications.

• Informative/Useful 2

3 hours ago, sem34090 said:

Well I could go in for that... I think I'll get it scenic first and then decide.

For now, however, it's rather incongruously providing a home for my new H2.

H2O?

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, Buhar said:

I’m OK with the new arrangements, except for the recurring pop-up telling me the site wants to send me notifications.

Click on the bell upper right, click on "notification settings" and turn off "a new notification when new content is posted" and also "Send me news and information".

What bugs me is there is now no choice to have an E-MAIL NOTIFICATION sent to you immediately, only an e-mail once a day of activity in a thread, or a pop-up notification immediately (which is just annoying). That e-mail was one of the most helpful things on RMWeb and I cannot see that its available now. If someone has worked out a way to get it working, please share!

Image10.jpg

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I didn't so much as complete any model related work while RMW was offline , I actually broke something in two.

I discovered that Peco will sell the end handles/supports separately but the bad news is the price is £4 each. Not £4 a pair, but each handle. A pity. I bought a few but not as many as I need.

Dsc02992.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Surely if you had an email everytime there was a post on CA it would drive you crazy we have been running at 50 to 100 posts a day I think.

£4 a handle does seem pricey but how long would it take to make your own?

Don

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Edwardian said:

Excellent idea. Suggest these saloons are duel fitted so that they can go off system via either the GE or the MGN.

I take it you have plans for these vehicles ..... !

Working with digital modelling the notion of a plan or drawing can be a bit strange since texture parts are made to fit the 3D body mesh so the appearance can be quite distorted when seen laid out flat, but this is the base coach litho artwork I started with which could be easily used as a plan.

DHpDYaF.png

And this is a coach end lifted out from the actual coach texture piece.  Please bear in mind that this artwork piece is stretched into place on the 3D mesh so should be only used as a guide to appearance.  The sizing of the 3D coach mesh I use is based on a pre-grouping GWR arc roof coach, but I don't actually know which one since the mesh was given to me as a 'something to help you out' gift by one of the members of the creator group I belong to.

JhPyaIP.jpg

And yes James these coaches are dual fitted, - or at least on my little trainset they are since I can plug in all kinds of piping things into the ends of the coach underframe using magical script incantations.

Edited by Annie
can't spell for toffee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Premium

If any of you want the information Ii currently have drawings of quite a number of GWR saloons - first and third class, invalid etc. They are from Diagram books, originally mostly blueprint copies of the originals. a sample attached.

Jonathan

Family_carriage_Diagram_G16_lots_74_and_75.jpg

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1

12 hours ago, Hroth said:

You SLEW the Albatross?

Water water everywhere and all the boards did shrink,
Water water everywhere nor any drop to drink.

9 hours ago, Annie said:

Side on pictures of the 3rd saloon and the composite saloon.

oYB98YJ.jpg

AYJv1yQ.jpg

Hmm. Yes, green certainly works for the WNR coaching stock. I like it.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, RedGemAlchemist said:

Water water everywhere and all the boards did shrink,
Water water everywhere nor any drop to drink.

Slimy things did crawl with legs

Upon the slimy sea.

But lets not talk about politics today......

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

I know that this has been posted in my thread, and will be posted elsewhere, but I've begun work on some coaches for the little layout and, being freelance-ish and pre-grouping I thought that patrons of this thread might like to see one of them:

image.png.9d4b558ce82640996efba49911e08b02.png

See my thread for more details!

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

21 minutes ago, sem34090 said:

I know that this has been posted in my thread, and will be posted elsewhere, but I've begun work on some coaches for the little layout and, being freelance-ish and pre-grouping I thought that patrons of this thread might like to see one of them:

image.png.9d4b558ce82640996efba49911e08b02.png

See my thread for more details!

With that deep wooden solebar and those brakes, it is really looks the part.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Tom Burnham said:

They certainly would have done if they'd had the crayfish ponds back then!  The wild boar would have had to make for high ground...

We continue onwards towards the next station, Wittersham Road, through marshlands collectively known as the Rother Levels. To the right a series of channels dug at right angles to the railway were used to farm crayfish - the terrain generally is very wet and until comparatively recently was subject to frequent flooding.

quoted from  https://www.kesr.org.uk/component/content/category/103-about

As I understand it in use from early 1900 to  WWII

Nick

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

2 hours ago, sem34090 said:

I'm afraid to say that it's a steel solebar! Not too hard to make into a wooden one though. The chassis is a standard Bachmann one as used under ex-Mainline wagons.

Really? Whoa. It looks great in your pic. I take it the higher buffer beam is due to fitting 14mm Maunsell style wheels?

corneliuslundie - thank you for that lovely drawing of the GW 6-wheel family saloon. Something akin to that would make a nice directors saloon for the NM&GS. I may need to abuse some more cheapie plastic coaches and a 6-wheel kit underframe from somewhere.

annie - those are super coaches. How I wish it were possible to churn out real world 4mm models at the pace you can make virtual stuff. I envy your chosen medium sometimes!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1