• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Compound2632 said:

I preferred the green livery almost applied for Logan's Run, though of course there's no denying the red underframes petticoats are the most authentically pre-Grouping colour scheme.

Edited.

I prescribe cold showers, cross-country runs and a course of dodging jezail bullets on the North West Frontier, free of Girls, who just complicate matters and confuse a Chap so terribly.  

Otherwise, Me Too might hunt you all down for the objectification of steam locomotives.

Boys Own Annual, 01.jpg

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Edwardian said:

I prescribe cold showers, cross-country runs and a course of dodging jezail bullets on the North West Frontier, free of Girls, who just complicate matters and confuse a Chap so terribly.  

Otherwise, Me Too might hunt you all down for the objectification of steam locomotives.

Boys Own Annual, 01.jpg

Either Grey has knocked on in the tackle or Blue is going to get a yellow card for tackling the man without the ball...

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, St Enodoc said:

Either Grey has knocked on in the tackle or Blue is going to get a yellow card for tackling the man without the ball...

...and I've just noticed that someone's half-inched the crossbar (and possibly the other goalpost too).

• Funny 1

10 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

...and I've just noticed that someone's half-inched the crossbar (and possibly the other goalpost too).

Probably in the process of moving them. :o

Untrustworthy blighters!

However, I am concerned that the two leading greys appear to be wearing lipstick in a provocative shade of blue. Either that or they're showing signs of carbon monoxide poisioning...

Edited by Hroth
Emphasis!
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

3 hours ago, Edwardian said:

Boys Own Annual, 01.jpg

Well, its thanks to the Jezail bullets that we have the memoirs of Dr Watson.

7 minutes ago, Northroader said:

Sorry about the objecttyfitcation, boss, I’m going to make my confession.

A2A369C0-1F37-4635-8FCC-CF215E6F0B67.jpeg.d284b4361076a1c2aee511cc289cc1e1.jpeg

Hmmmmm...  So the headwear is to obscure the ear-trumpets?

Eh?

• Funny 2

Meanwhile, Somewhere in Yorkshire, the Waterbury family change trains, heading for what they hope will be a through service to the fashionable Norfolk resort of Birchoverham Next the Sea, where they will join Mr Waterbury who has now lost the pallor of gaol thanks to the fresh, one might say "wholesome", sea air of the North Norfolk coast.  

Railway Children, 03.jpg

• Like 6
  • Funny 2

On 11/02/2019 at 18:15, phil_sutters said:

Ever since I excavated my 1950s built 00 rolling stock from the nether regions of the garage, I have been wondering where I got the inspiration for this from - I wasn't too fussy about whether it should have wooden or steel as the undercarriage in those days.

Great Central cattle wagon sc built on Airfix chassis.jpg

This appears to be a model of a fish van, to GC diagram 51/52/53. (The variations were to do with braking, some were dual fitted.)  The ends are wrong, but the sides are pretty accurate, The livery is also right for the later GC period, although originally (up until about 1908) these would have been brown with yellow lettering, rather like the GW "brown" stock.

For a prototype photos and a drawing see  LNER wagons, volume 1, (Tatlow) pp136-137.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Presumably grey is passing the ball out from under his own sticks and the bloke to his left is looping around to set up a scintillating counter attack!

Meanwhile the lad to his right has lost the plot as he is running into an offside position! Had the artist ever played the game?!

"Yellow card Sir. What's that?"

In the days when I played the only players I ever saw get sent off were the two who would not stop fighting when told to by the ref.

There had of course been a mass brawl prior to this point.

Fighting was okay and perfectly acceptable but you had to desist whenever the ref said to stop!

Ian T

Edited by ianathompson
tactical error!
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Edwardian said:

Meanwhile, Somewhere in Yorkshire, the Waterbury family change trains, heading for what they hope will be a through service to the fashionable Norfolk resort of Birchoverham Next the Sea, where they will join Mr Waterbury who has now lost the pallor of gaol thanks to the fresh, one might say "wholesome", sea air of the North Norfolk coast.  

Railway Children, 03.jpg

Hummm... Gresley passing for Howlden? Not too bad from this angle. 

But, dear me, what's wrong with the Bradford Forster Square / Leeds Wellington - Leicester - Lynn - Birchoverham through carriage?

Edited by Compound2632
Removed superfuous o from Wellington
  • Like 2