On 11/12/2019 at 08:49, Nearholmer said:

Thought for the day (well, tomorrow actually):

Whatever else might be happening, remember that the most important thing about Thursday 12th December 2019 is that it is Railway Modeller publication date.

Ooh, yes, and one of my layouts is featured. I'm looking forward to seeing it in print (but not as much as I'm looking forward to the cheque that will accompany it)

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

53 minutes ago, sem34090 said:

Would there, though? Or maybe it's just me who would consider it no more scandalous than if it were a man and woman involved?

Yes but most of our politicians are bigoted old men. Their heads would probably explode with sheer rage. 

Edited by RedGemAlchemist

2 hours ago, Regularity said:

You have now planted an unwanted image in my brain, for which there will never be enough therapy.

Instead, I will sue you for mental cruelty.

Anyone know a good lawyer?

You can divert your thoughts by thinking of us Australians...

This is  Barnaby Joyce, Climate change denying green-hating  family values extolling, gay marriage opposing conservative married with two kids national party MP and one-time second in charge here....

deputy.jpg.61b4fc35088b23fe563106bfdff15f69.jpg

Turns out through all those public displays  of the above he's been having it off with..

56049871_Barnaby-Joycesheep.jpg.a4b188ce7c60b6d0fa3a202083aeab07.jpg

Oops, wrong photo.

Turns out he's been having it off with a journalist 20 years or so his junior..

perve.jpeg.28f1b0b0fa70667a9bc1f84a78559d49.jpeg

Now they have a child together and he has left his family for her and he is always  popping up on TV and in magazines complaining about the coverage he keeps getting.

I don't want to think about barnaby Joyce on the job, but he  makes it impossible not to.

screen-shot-2018-08-28-at-1-07-23-pm.png.fe86124a25118bc282a89c0fc92fe186.png

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Friendly/supportive 1

My main problem is with the young (but slightly older than me) lot who are too busy writing off anyone who disagrees with them as a bigot or [x]phobic, without realising that they're being bigotted themselves.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

31 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

This is  Barnaby Joyce, Climate change denying green-hating  family values extolling, gay marriage opposing conservative married with two kids national party MP and one-time second in charge here....

deputy.jpg.61b4fc35088b23fe563106bfdff15f69.jpg

Turns out through all those public displays  of the above he's been having it off with..

56049871_Barnaby-Joycesheep.jpg.a4b188ce7c60b6d0fa3a202083aeab07.jpg

Oops, wrong photo.

Turns out he's been having it off with a journalist 20 years or so his junior..

perve.jpeg.28f1b0b0fa70667a9bc1f84a78559d49.jpeg

Now they have a child together and he has left his family for her and he is always  popping up on TV and in magazines complaining about the coverage he keeps getting.

I don't want to think about barnaby Joyce on the job, but he  makes it impossible not to.

screen-shot-2018-08-28-at-1-07-23-pm.png.fe86124a25118bc282a89c0fc92fe186.png

Also known as Barnyardaby Joyce ........

Yep a man of good old family values - the more families the better :rofl:

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Gobsmacked by the exit poll prediction.  Hope a number of respondents  were  fibbing..

Either the pollsters will have egg on their faces, or the whole country will...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

It’s like public transport: everyone likes it, as long as they don’t have to use it.

Everyone wants better public services: as long as someone else’s taxes are paying for it. 

And then they are seriously injured in a road traffic accident, and the paramedics only just get to them in time because of gridlock, and the Accident and Emergency dept is overrun and understaffed, so they barely stay alive, and they wail that something must be done, and how was it allowed to decline so?

Any party that says, “We want to improve the common wealth of the people, so there will be a bit more to pay,” will loose.

Especially if their opponents scream, “They will raise taxes! And anyway, the problem is all these foreigners coming here and working hard.”

• Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Malcolm 0-6-0 said:

Self censored.  I shall now go stand in the naughty corner and not drink any tea for the next hour.

Edited by Annie
Came to my senses
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, runs as required said:

Derbyshire dialect - as in “ Nar then Siri !” (Hallo Mate !) has been filched by Silicon Valley/Apple.

It’s the rest of us they are after robotising next ...

dh

I'd always associated that with Yorkshire - perhaps North Derbyshire used it too?

In Derby itself the standard greeting was (is?) "Ey up mi duck!"

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Annie said:

I shall now go stand in the naughty corner and not drink any tea for the next hour.

That is a very serious punishment. You must have been REALLY bad.

• Funny 1