23 hours ago, Northroader said:

Sorry, nick, Perpugwilliam Brown every time.

No wonder it was shortened to "Peri"

She was the only person that made the fifth and sixth Doctors worth watching, awfully fond of wearing skimpy tops and leaning forward!

More intellectual (The thinking mans Dr Who assistant?), and accompanying the previous two timelords, I have fond memories of Sarah Jane Smith.

There you go.

1 hour ago, nick_bastable said:

As the topic has almost become on track :biggrin_mini:  has the Mayor any news to report regarding fishplates ?

1 hour ago, Edwardian said:

No, but thanks for the reminder.

I've a stainless steel Salmon steamer if that would be of help???

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

16 hours ago, Edwardian said:

Poacher, surely?

Lincolnshire?

Hes a bit young....

3 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

I thought it better not to appear partisan.

As I scrolled through I thought "Hello Beatrice!", then the brain cell flipped and told me not to be silly....  :crazy:

Nice loco!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Hroth said:

Lincolnshire?

Hes a bit young....

As I scrolled through I thought "Hello Beatrice!", then the brain cell flipped and told me not to be silly....  :crazy:

Nice loco!

3 hours ago, Northroader said:

Hello, Beatrice??????????

F23DC741-2B9A-40B8-9914-36890AF06F2B.jpeg.67e6e20325390311fda508e26773cee4.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Been out in the sun again?  :whistle:

This one, named after Queen Victoria's youngest daughter:

image.png.561678db5c1942a8ca0387b1893c386a.png

• Like 8

I will tell you why... I have of late—but wherefore I know not—lost all my mirth, forgone all custom of exercises.

As an aside, more being-spied-on-by-internet-businesses, I watched the film Inception on Netflix last night.  Just now, went onto the Bay of Fleas and this, never-seen-before ad popped up ....

1115025021_ForeverSpin.png.a2c5c1e06bb15ae4d1c9548b9246610a.png

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium

I had a sense of humour failure just now, I was thinking about a pleasant afternoon muddling in the loft, after fulfilling G word duties this morning. But, SWMBO wanted me to order a replacement tap for one that’s dripping (ceramic, of course) soo, rang round, tap obsolete six years ago, order modern replacement unit on line, order cancelled, visa transaction subject to security, ring bank, pillar to post, customer satisfaction, (they’re having a laugh), security happy, off to reorder, transaction cleared, check email, etc. Sod it, let’s have an ice cream.

• Friendly/supportive 12

3 hours ago, nick_bastable said:

tenor.gif

where is everyone ?

Nick B

I wasn't here 'cos for 2 days when I tried to log into RMweb I got a message saying  "no connection  fault at host server" just assumed that an upgrade being applied. didn't check AndyY's facebook page .... never frequent the site!

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, DonB said:

I wasn't here 'cos for 2 days when I tried to log into RMweb I got a message saying  "no connection  fault at host server"

Same here. just couldn't get access for a couple of days. Then it appeared, then disappeared again. Now it is back (obviously)

Remember that I characterised the present government as very much the second eleven?

Exam results. Need I say more?

My own view is that anyone downgrading my son's mock or predicted results (i.e. his future) for the sake of achieving some abstract goal of desired overall statistics deserves to be hunted down and tortured to death. HMG asked Ofqual for a model that produced just such an outcome.  It was a difficult issue to navigate, but just like Covid, the quality of decision-making and time lag in doing what became obviously necessary exposes, once again, the hapless amateurishness of the present administration. Today's attempt by those of Her Majesty's Ministers responsible to blame Ofqual for the debacle is as egregious as it is dishonest. God rot them.

We are governed by knaves and fools.

I feel better for that.  Tomorrow, if I remember, I'll order some fishplates.

God bless and keep you all.

• Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

Exam results. Need I say more?

A good Conservative understands that it is people as individuals who matter, not the abstract mass. I trust your son has indeed got what he needs for the next phase of his education.

Edited by Compound2632
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1