• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

To be clear: "informative" but not "useful"...

That’s, well, this whole board summed up, isn’t it?

The other stuff was a reference to string theory and quarks - and not the German cheese thing, either.

Sorry: I am slowly building my log cabin, and although progress is forward, it is driving me slightly to distraction - you try slotting together 60+ T&G planks, ensuring a roughly uniform gap of 2mm between them, and then banging in 5 clout nails per plank for the roof! 
Insulation, PVC and shingles next….

Queen’s greatest hits is essential accompaniment to this - impossible not to be cheered by listening to them at their best.

56E4AFBB-255F-427B-9C6B-9B28F045C2DC.jpeg.b12f041d50917c613ef52aa957f4cee0.jpeg

Edited by Regularity
In progress photo add. All planks now in place!
  • Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, Regularity said:

Agreed!

21 minutes ago, Regularity said:

The other stuff was a reference to string theory and quarks - and not the German cheese thing, either.

I was up to that - I lost the plot round about the nylon toaster.

23 minutes ago, Regularity said:

I remember her. But that’s not for discussion in public…

Did she do S then? I supposed that she was the originator of those rotating fiddle-yards for 2 mm scale layouts (was that here or elsewhere?) - clearly a reluctant layout operator.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Regularity said:

Sorry: I am slowly building my log cabin, and although progress is forward, it is driving me slightly to distraction - you try slotting together 60+ T&G planks, ensuring a roughly uniform gap of 2mm between them, and then banging in 5 clout nails per plank for the roof! 
Insulation, PVC and shingles next….

Queen’s greatest hits is essential accompaniment to this - impossible not to be cheered by listening to them at their best.

couldnt you just use a sheet and scribe it?

Very nice though, Im jelly - here the whiteants would have demolished the bottom half and the Sulphur Crested  cockatoos the top by the time id taken that progress shot.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

Did she do S then?

A few letters might be missing from that…

Was thinking back to my student days, and the fun it was possible to have in Preston… (Not a lot else to do!) ;)

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

Commonly used for fiddle yards in 2 mm I gather; @Ian Smith's Modbury being a notable example I saw in the flesh recently.

Yes, but i've never seen one where the station turned round!  :dontknow:

2 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

Yes, but I'm increasingly unsure what.

Me too!

1 hour ago, Regularity said:

That birch tree looks as though it's about to take it's revenge for all those members of its species who have been cut down to supply ply for baseboards!

Jim

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

Yes, but I'm increasingly unsure what.

The “increasingly” part of that intrigues me. Suggests that there was a degree of surety to begin with?

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Regularity said:

The “increasingly” part of that intrigues me. Suggests that there was a degree of surety to begin with?

Perhaps I should have said, decreasingly sure. I'm fairly sure this thread started out with some very nice card architectural modelling.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

Still confused. That's clearly not modelled in the flat. Papier-mâché?

That’s “number 6”.

But the actress is also a model.

And available in model form, it seems:

image.jpeg.3c834680b8c3382097167cf8dc61ef79.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

Which reminds me of a possibly more familiar example (of a Number 6, not of a Toaster) ....

Prisoner-Number-Six-Patrick-McGoohan-a.jpg.d7c73c03f587c7bf34b776a872a09710.jpg

Ending with my favourie Sci-fi toaster (from admittedly not a large field) .....

72017318_wfg3(1).png.07209e161736f029439a7561bcf345e4.png

Which is all the evidence we need that I should either (a) go to work or (b) do some modelling!

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

50 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

End of life as we know it, so nothing much

? I have no context for this. 

Sorry for vanishing for so long. My mental state at the time and the endless political talk just weren't gelling well. The Kelsby Light Railway has been going along well though, as you might have seen from my other threads.

Edited by RedGemAlchemist
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Nearholmer said:

I’m glad somebody else in the world is an enthused but those graphs as I am, although her summarised history of railway planning and safety is a bit, well, “summarised”.

True, but the essentials are spot-on.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2