• RMweb Premium

Probably a GWR thing - Collet wasn't that impressed with "streamlining" either, although Staniers bathtub was a bit more full-on than Collets lumps and bumps!

The LMS streamlining was influenced by wind-tunnel modelling which I think began before Stanier was fully in charge; the Coronation streamlining is rather close to that used by Richard Wagner on the DR - arrived at by similar modelling. Stanier and Wagner got on well.

The LMS streamlining was influenced by wind-tunnel modelling which I think began before Stanier was fully in charge; the Coronation streamlining is rather close to that used by Richard Wagner on the DR - arrived at by similar modelling. Stanier and Wagner got on well.

Rare archive picture of wind-tunnel testing of Richard Wagner's design:

post-25673-0-34023400-1512810988.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Rare archive picture of wind-tunnel testing of Richard Wagner's design:

LMAO.

Had to explain guffaws: rest of family didn’t get it at all.

That'll be Seurat you're thinking of

(I can show off anywhere with my University of Sunderland Fine Art Degree.

I suspect that’s pretty much all you can do with a degree in F. Arts...

(And what about Sisley?)

Enough with these pointillist remarks!

You also mean Klangfarbenmelodie - as in the music of Schoenberg and Webern. A different form of pointillism - sorry not meaning to show off!

From someone with a music degree that has given me a career lasting over thirty years in teaching, playing and community arts. Can't imagine doing anything else to be honest.

Martyn

Edited by mullie
  • Like 5

You also mean Klangfarbenmelodie - as in the music of Schoenberg and Webern. A different form of pointillism - sorry not meaning to show off!

From someone with a music degree that has given me a career lasting over thirty years in teaching, playing and community arts. Can't imagine doing anything else to be honest.

Martyn

Rare archive picture of a Klangfarbenmelodie performance:

post-25673-0-75761400-1512818714.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Apparently, when recording the “conversations” the Clangers’ “cast” punctuated the “dialogue” with swearing, in terms of the rhythm.

If you listen again to it, it does come through - the narration may have a line like, “Mother Clanger has come to see what all the noise is about,” but the swannee whistle is clearly saying, “What the @@@@ is going on?”

Edited by Regularity
  • Like 2