How about an A4 on Cemflos?

Quite a regular occurrence judging by the amount of photos published down the years. Which whips us back to this post:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/107721-cemflos-cliffe-uddingston-flow-silver-queens/page-2&do=findComment&comment=2187898

P

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Stovepipe,

Measured and photographed the end platform cylinders.

Artwork to be prepared next week.

Waiting confirmation of 3D printing and parts availability.

Had a great afternoon while they struggled to get a crane on the back of a low loader.

A guided tour round the oldest railway building in the world at the Darlington Railway Preservation Society (owners of Std 2 78018 - famed as the loco stuck in snow on Blea Moor in 1963.

Bob

Super work Bob, chassis and underframe next week then?

Mike.

The trouble with getting parts made to scale by 3D printing is that they will be a bit snug in the space that Hornby have built into their model.

Everything might have to be squeezed a little.

I didn't measure the platform width under the hopper overhang but the scale width of the cylinders plus brackets works out at 50mm.

The Hornby cemflo has about 50.5mm.

Anyhow, the artwork is being prepared and then straight on to printing.

Let me know if there is any interest and I'll ask to have any added to the print run.

I can't see a problem in opening this out into a general Cemflo discussion. There's plenty of references to non ECML traffic earlier in the thread. I do like a little bit of deviation.

P

I can't see a problem in opening this out into a general Cemflo discussion. There's plenty of references to non ECML traffic earlier in the thread. I do like a little bit of deviation.

P

Couldn't you have waited until after you produced the links or book/magazine examples of A4s on them as 'quite a regular occurrence'?

I think somebody got out of the wrong side of the bed Paul.

Mike.

No, I just don't appreciate the implication that my idea of a rare event was actually a regular occurrence without (so far) providing one iota of evidence to support the claim.

Lanarkshire Models was and still is quite prepared to master and cast these cylinders for general sale if Paul or Mike had been able to measure them up, whilst I only live a couple of miles from Uddingston and can remember the wagons sitting in the sidings there are none left in this neck of the woods now.

Dave Franks.

Edited by davefrk

Does anyone know of any component manufacturer who supplies axlebox and suspension parts of this type in 4mm?

Genesis.

As to the Vacuum and AFI cylinders I'd think with a photo and the model it would be a pretty simple guestimate - yes perhaps it will be 5-10% wrong, but ultimately if it doesn't fit in the space left by Triang then it won't be much use.

Jon

Genesis.

As to the Vacuum and AFI cylinders I'd think with a photo and the model it would be a pretty simple guestimate - yes perhaps it will be 5-10% wrong, but ultimately if it doesn't fit in the space left by Triang then it won't be much use.

Jon

Can't find any axle boxes / suspension assembly on Genesis site.

Can't find any axle boxes / suspension assembly on Genesis site.

They used to -that's whats under this one - it may be he has stopped doing them, or they are out of stock - perhaps he needs to know there is still demand?

post-336-0-67369500-1486108432.jpg

post-336-0-22732800-1486108433.jpg

I know I've uploaded these before but I can't find the right thread.

post-336-0-79385700-1486108433.jpg

And this is what the Darlington one looks like, although I notice its on the later UIC double-link suspension rather than the original type Genesis did.

post-336-0-62759000-1486108500.jpg

post-336-0-93201200-1486108501_thumb.jpg

Jon

Edited by jonhall
  • Like 2