Then that mixed rake would be a feasible explanation for the Hoo Junction train noted above

Feasible but photographic evidence would clinch it. As ever, if it's for your model, Rule 1 would apply depending on how accurate you wanted to be.

P

• RMweb Gold

Hi.

Thought I'd join in, eventually, you all seem to be doing V well without me, especially that porky chap.

Re Hoo Junction, a perusal of The God of proper era wagons, Mr Larkin,(no disrespect to the young stripling Mr Bartlett of this parish), will show a plethora of HJ shots, often the more interesting stuff is in the background.

Mike.

Please, sir, I used to go to Hoo Junction as well! And even met DL there once.

Unfortunately by the time I went, the Cemflos had departed from Kent.

Fortunately, some turned up at Sheffield in 1983:

post-6971-0-03365600-1454424555.jpg

post-6971-0-08494400-1454424557_thumb.jpg

post-6971-0-63072400-1454424559_thumb.jpg

Shocking difference in colour rendition between the two wagon shots. Compare the wall behind too. Maybe the clouds changed while the DMU in the background departed.

Glad I got two different ones (suspension, brake wheel etc).

Edited by eastwestdivide
  • Like 9

Please, sir, 

[...]

attachicon.gifN24_0003-PCV-APCM-8315--Sheffield.jpg

[...]

Pretty Please, Sir.

Could you do a larger copy of this, or at least the bottom half of it? I'd really like to study the solebars in detail. This is the only broadside shot of a Gloucester LA I've seen!

There is one M-C survivor, but no original Gloucester wagon to go and look at.

The Nim.

Edited by Nimbus

• RMweb Gold

Where is the preserved wagon?

Some more route info from when the service started in Dec 1961. Lewisham, Nunhead, Factory Jct, Kensington Olympia, Willesden HL, Gospel Oak, Upper Holloway and Ferme Park.

I'm not sure when the route changed to Dalston/Cannonbury, perhaps after the Widened Lines trial had finished?

Pretty Please, Sir.

Could you do a larger copy of this, or at least the bottom half of it? I'd really like to study the solebars in detail. This is the only broadside shot of a Gloucester LA I've seen!

There is one M-C survivor, but no original Gloucester wagon to go and look at.

The Nim.

Ask and ye shall receive - full size JPG coming on a PM, and solebar-only largish version here (click it to make it bigger):

post-6971-0-32866300-1454442694_thumb.jpg

Edited by eastwestdivide

Hi.

Thought I'd join in, eventually, you all seem to be doing V well without me, especially that porky chap.

Re Hoo Junction, a perusal of The God of proper era wagons, Mr Larkin,(no disrespect to the young stripling Mr Bartlett of this parish), will show a plethora of HJ shots, often the more interesting stuff is in the background.

Mike.

Excuse me, but I think you will find 1966 photos on my site if you look closely! DL is the strippling!!! Atlthough I admit that when the woman/college years hit I didn't do very much photography - I did travel a hell of a lot on railways (to said my lady) but travelling on railways for a purpose is not good for hanging around recording stock. And DL did have the advantage of being a professional railway person. :sungum:

Paul

Edited by hmrspaul
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

A search shows up loads of CEMFLO wagons in trains all over the place!

http://returntograntham.co.uk/grantham-station/trains-and-traffic/eexpress-freight/

Last 2 entries on this site show Class 33 at Grantham on Cemflo's

Another shot of the preserved one..

http://antstrainphotos.smugmug.com/Darlington-Railway-Centre/Railway-Wagons-Cranes/i-q5GBcDt/A

Trevor Smith was the first person I can remember who really went to town on the Triang model to make them more like the real thing.

https://whitleybayquayside.wordpress.com/hensall/

Then Jeff Taylor did some as well.

http://www.thewheel.karoo.net/What's%20new.html

Then we have both Jon Hall and John Isherwood who have produced good looking models of them.

So - lots of inspiration out there.

Especially nbow that I've been reminded we need some for the Scottish Modellers Glasgow layout - Newlands Park :O  

I'd managed to forget about this requirement until this thread got going. :O

Thanks

I'd managed to forget about this requirement until this thread got going. :O

Thanks

Maybe some RTR manufacturer may pass by and think, "Hmm there's money to be made from those." I believe one diagram of this wagon has been stirring the loins of Justin Wingnut.

P

Maybe some RTR manufacturer may pass by and think, "Hmm there's money to be made from those." I believe one diagram of this wagon has been stirring the loins of Justin Wingnut.

P

With 26 of these almost finished, I hope that doesn't happen for some time.

• Funny 1

The combined front/rear cover of the 1966 LM region freight handbook showed this retouched image of a block train of Cemflos somewhere on WCML.

post-508-0-58161200-1454620115.jpg

I suspect you've all seen this 1982 view.

6527392033_0b81686937_b.jpgHorbury Cutting 1 by Auchlander, on Flickr

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

This traffic flow started in April 1964 and was from Holborough to Widnes Tanhouse Lane, where the Cement Marketing Co had a production and distribution facility. Not many photos around of it though, only seen one other by Eddie Bellass.

This traffic flow started in April 1964 and was from Holborough to Widnes Tanhouse Lane, where the Cement Marketing Co had a production and distribution facility. Not many photos around of it though, only seen one other by Eddie Bellass.

Hi Stovepipe,

I assume your talking of the WCML photographs above?

I've seen two distinctly different video clips of EE Type 4s hauling cemflos in the green era, on the WCML, in the not too distant past. Probably youtube? Can't find the clips  now though. Both clips were distant shots, under the wires and the cemflos were top n tailed with brake vans.

Must go and have another look.

P

• RMweb Gold

Hi Stovepipe,

I assume your talking of the WCML photographs above?

I've seen two distinctly different video clips of EE Type 4s hauling cemflos in the green era, on the WCML, in the not too distant past. Probably youtube? Can't find the clips  now though. Both clips were distant shots, under the wires and the cemflos were top n tailed with brake vans.

Must go and have another look.

P

Yes indeed - I was referring to Swindon 123's WCML link.

The other photo I've seen is in Modern Railways Aug 1964, an EE type 4 with a brakevan. I suspect the brake vans were added at Crewe, when the diesel loco came on. The route involved reversals at Ditton Jct, and Widnes Vine Yard at this time, but later line closure may have affected the route taken. Train ran three times per week, with the empties going out by St Helens and Earlestown.

Edit: Of course the brake vans were along for the whole trip.

Edited by stovepipe

• RMweb Gold

Ooh, here's another WCML working.

6896985715_789d29bc66_o.jpgD223 at Alvecote by Steve Jones, on Flickr

and a rather nice later period one at Wakefield Kirkgate, from Marsh Lane maybe?

https://flic.kr/p/bxrxYJ

and these by David Ford have definitely been seen on RMweb previously, but included to keep together.

https://flic.kr/p/9vyHZt

https://flic.kr/p/AP26jN

https://flic.kr/p/9vBKxW

• Like 4