Leighton Buzzard landslip

http://www.leightonlogs.org/02021666505.jpg

A landslip North of Leighton Buzzard on the up slow has closed the WCML up slow since saturday and this Friday is the quoted fix date. In this image an up Vogager is passing the slip on the up fast. A temporary road has been built to access the site and huge piles of stone are being built up nearby brought in vast numbers of lorries...

NR

www.leightonlogs.org

• RMweb Premium

All credit to Network Rail, London Midland and Virgin as the services have been running remarkably well with disruption well contained. When I heard about this my heart sank and I expected the worst but my journeys yesterday and today have been very normal and looking at the boards at Euston things seem to be working pretty well considering.

• RMweb Premium

I think NR and the TOCs deserve a pat on the back for managing this one. Yes there has been disruption but the trains kept running, people were still getting to their destination and the service held up remarkably well considering how busy the Southern end of the WCML is. That tends to be thought of in terms of Virgin but London Midland also operate an intensive service, there is freight and a few Southern trains. The four track section is very busy indeed and for them to lose some capacity ands continue going pretty well was a very good effort.

Archived