ive just got back into model railway . I had a trainset as a kid but lost intrest growin up now have a bit more time money and just alittle space .

its not a proper place or time . just what i loved as a kid. im from the midlands so remember lots a coal trains and freight in general . hope people like it its dcc with a few sound locos.

post-28330-0-87326000-1454431432_thumb.jpg

post-28330-0-70000300-1454432025_thumb.jpg

Edited by vulcan product fan
  • Like 9

the layout is two ovals with a small yard on the inside oval the baseboard measures 5foot by 3and half foot approx. in the center of the layout is a small farm and a industrial estate using a mix of ready to use Hornby and Bachmann buildings . theirs a small station with 2 platforms which have a small signalbox a waitingroom footbridge newspaper stand  and booking office again mixing Bachmann and Hornby . At each corner i have put a park , a small street a wooded area and work gang reparing the track  . have put a few more pics on today.

post-28330-0-40566800-1454515553_thumb.jpg

post-28330-0-78999800-1454515584_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Welcome to RMweb, there are some nice touches there

and I particularly like the low level shots of the clss 20s,

cheers

Hi and thanks have loved lookin at RMweb over last few months there is some fantastic layouts on here. Have to admit love takin photos and love class 20s thanks for your kind comments.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I wouldn't tell you to change anything I haven't produced anything better. I might suggest a drystone wall to hide the over hang on the class 37 rather than a fence or you might consider a single track mainline to give yourself more room for sidings but it is for you to decide which direction you go with your model. 

I wouldn't tell you to change anything I haven't produced anything better. I might suggest a drystone wall to hide the over hang on the class 37 rather than a fence or you might consider a single track mainline to give yourself more room for sidings but it is for you to decide which direction you go with your model. 

yeah the corner where the class 37 is a little unfinished the fence area has a kids park behind and a few tress , and yes like the idear of more sidings. mite add a small extra board with some on .  

Very good photos of your layout, which looks pretty complete to me! One thing you might want to try, if you want to do more to it, is weather the track. Experiment on a small area, until you get the effect you want. You will find this really lifts the impression of the BR blue period you want.

• Like 1

Very good photos of your layout, which looks pretty complete to me! One thing you might want to try, if you want to do more to it, is weather the track. Experiment on a small area, until you get the effect you want. You will find this really lifts the impression of the BR blue period you want.

Hi mike thanks for the tip havent plucked up the courage yet love the idea. I have a small test area think i will have a go with that then see how it turns out .