Nice work with the paint brush, it really does look like straw.

Thanks i loved the idear when i saw it on marcus37 thread, silly thing is it took ages to find a brush with right colour . looked in all the diy and stationary shop all had black brushes in the end got a cheap brush from wilkos again ta for lookin in mate glad other people like the idear too.

As you can see by the various "likes" etc, I have just discovered your layout thread.  Great stuff, love the little details.  It looks like a nicely put together project.  Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Brian.

Thanks mate it keeps me from going mad in our crazy house love looking on rmweb at the detail on others modelrailways and trying to put what i like onto mine thanks for all the comments it make the project worth the time money and effort if others like it . ta for lookin in Brian 

• Like 2

Another paint brush bites the dust in the name of Railway modelling. It does work well though doesn't it your barn looks great now mate.

B&Q was my friend for that coloured brush in their value range. Don't think I would actually have liked painting with it though. HaHa.

cheers marcus, no my paint brush was falling to bits before i cut it up there would have been more bristles in the paint .

I just loved the way it looks on PDW so had to use the idear .

• 2 weeks later...

Had a little time this week so did a bit of work on the layout wanted to see what the mark 3 catenary would look like so have put in some around the station hears few photos to see what people think.

attachicon.gifIMG_0244.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0241.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0243.jpg

I havent put the footbridge back yet as it needs hiring to fit over the ohle.

Looks good with the OHLE, have you got some leccies then?

Great progress and looking really nice.

Your photos of the mark 3 catenary are spot on and creat a whole new atmosphere looking under the wires. I had a look back at previous posts trying to see whether these are scratch built or bought. Can you let me know, sorry if I missed the previous post.

In looking back over your 8 pages of posts, it really brought home your progress and that you have a great way at taking all your photos. They are all at nice low angle, no airplane shots, which has created the feel that it is a much bigger layout that it actually is.

Also, as you have built up the scenic aspect and shown what you have bought and done, you have ended up doing lots of mini product reviews; at great resource to look back over.

Anyway fab layout.

Paul

• Like 1

Great progress and looking really nice.

Your photos of the mark 3 catenary are spot on and creat a whole new atmosphere looking under the wires. I had a look back at previous posts trying to see whether these are scratch built or bought. Can you let me know, sorry if I missed the previous post.

In looking back over your 8 pages of posts, it really brought home your progress and that you have a great way at taking all your photos. They are all at nice low angle, no airplane shots, which has created the feel that it is a much bigger layout that it actually is.

Also, as you have built up the scenic aspect and shown what you have bought and done, you have ended up doing lots of mini product reviews; at great resource to look back over.

Anyway fab layout.

Paul

Hi Paul thanks for looking in the catenary and wires are Dapol products the mast are pre weathered you can get clean ones but i like these ones.I  was'nt sure if id like the look of OHLE but having put it on i am impressed by it . The layout is tiny to fit in the house and was only supposed to be a "train set" but looking on RM web i wanted to have a go with detailing it . Have had fun putting the extra stuff on and putting the photos on here . I have been surprised by the variety of products on sale for the average modeller and the ease and quality  of all of them. This should be a link to the cantenary http://Dapol.co.uk/image/cache/data/OOCAT1-800x800.jpg 

Thanks again for takin the time to look at New Whitt

Small layouts make it quite fun trying to fit everything in, my lad now wants a freight container port, as he saw a container crane at a recent model show!

I did not know Dapol made this!  So would you say this is a better product than the Peco offering?  The masts and registration arm looks marginally more detailed on the Dapol, but the cost difference varies quite a bit.

Peco http://www.peco-uk.com/page.asp?id=catenary

Single Mast and registration arm - £7.95

200mm catenary wire, pack 5 - £10

Price per 2m - £99.50

Dapol - http://Dapol.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=177_62_150

Mast and registration arm,  pack of 10  - £11.35

203mm catenary wire - pack 10 £27.95

Price per 2m - £37.95

Did you pick Dapol's offering for any reason?

Small layouts make it quite fun trying to fit everything in, my lad now wants a freight container port, as he saw a container crane at a recent model show!

I did not know Dapol made this!  So would you say this is a better product than the Peco offering?  The masts and registration arm looks marginally more detailed on the Dapol, but the cost difference varies quite a bit.

Peco http://www.peco-uk.com/page.asp?id=catenary

Single Mast and registration arm - £7.95

200mm catenary wire, pack 5 - £10

Price per 2m - £99.50

Dapol - http://Dapol.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=177_62_150

Mast and registration arm,  pack of 10  - £11.35

203mm catenary wire - pack 10 £27.95

Price per 2m - £37.95

Did you pick Dapol's offering for any reason?

Hi Paul in my opinion the Dapol catenary looks the better of the two and peco OHLE is new and i havent seen it used anyware so i went for dapols offering 

the other factor in buying is i was in a well known model shop in sheffield and the mast were very cheap at less than £10 .

I was going to use this on another project but went into tag models doncaster and the wires were reduced so i picked some up and decided to see what it looked like on New Whitt.

thanks again for looking at the thread 

Ta Andy

• 2 weeks later...